Who from the Main Cast would make a good God of Destruction?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Who from the Main Cast would make a good God of Destruction?

Post by omaro34 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:31 pm

Vegeta would fit the bill for me. He has the power, and he is a lot more level headed than when he was first introduced. However, he has a family and I doubt Bulma would allow it.

Goku has a family as well. But he also turned down a chance to become the guardian of earth when Kami offered it to him, I think he will turn this down too.

Krillin doesn't cut it. Neither does Tien. Roshi might be a dark horse candidate but I doubt it.

17 loves his island and wouldnt want to leave it. Plus he has a family. Gohan is a scholar and a family man too.

The only guy who has no immediate family and doesn't really have anything to do is Piccolo. He is patient than most, he does think before he acts (mostly), and this would give him something to do. Power will be an issue though because he is relatively weak.

Who do you guys think would fit the bill for a God of destruction job? Not just for U7 it can be any universe.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

sintzu
Banned

Re: Who from the Main Cast would make a good God of Destruction?

Post by sintzu » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:57 pm

Probably Vegeta as he has the strength to back it up but he's not out of his mind like Freeza who'll enslave the universe. I don't know why Bulma wouldn't allow it as he could just live on earth like he currently does and move Whis in with him. There are already multiple characters living at Bulma's house so one more won't hurt.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:32 pm

I could see Frieza doing it since he’s been shown to be capable of doing at least “half” of what it takes to be a god of destruction. The problem would be him overdoing it. It seems he’s more interested In conquering, not destroying. That’s be the perfect position for him.

The really juicy stuff would be after he got the position. Trying to plot overthrowing the Angels and Omni King.
How i predict the tournament will end:

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:28 pm

Nobody.

The consistent thing with all these characters is they have no interest in being responsible. They're all single-minded in their pursuits, whether that be fighting or making money, or wishing for a boyfriend etc, and everything else be damned. To take from TFS, they're a cavalcade of fuckups.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:43 pm

I don't think it's clear what makes a good GoD.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:16 am

Freeza will be perfect , not meaning good , but just to be the ignite of some angels war that can be good to expand the series thematic.. I know I’m talking incongruent , but for me some stories without goku and co. Will be awesome . Goku and co searching for the dragon balls again like old times and parallel a big disaster where they are not involved . Imagination is free.
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:33 am

Simere wrote:I don't think it's clear what makes a good GoD.
Looking at Beerus and doing the opposite seems like a good start. :P

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:51 am

Frieza is the best choice, although he isn't a good choice by any means. It takes a character who is willing to kill from necessity and not malice.

Vegeta would also make a good candidate if he wasn't obsessed with his rivalry.

SuperVirginGod

Post by SuperVirginGod » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:52 am

Piccolo

From kami to hakaishin

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:33 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
What is the opposite?

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:00 am

shadd21 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
What is the opposite?
Not destroying halves of planets because the food cooked there isn't that good, Not allowing people who have the knowledge to travel through time (grave sin against the sacred laws of the Gods) to get away with their misdoings, Not wasting time holding vainglorious tournaments in their name (even Grand Zeno said that Destroyers shouldn't hold tournaments in their name and should instead do their job), Not allow bloodthirsty genocidal maniacs like Frieza and Buu do as they please and even get away with it.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:55 am

The only ones that are strong enough to warrant the position are Goku, Vegeta and Freeza. Goku wouldn't be a good choice for obvious reasons, Vegeta's character progression has placed him mentally and emotionally not interested in the position, and Freeza may do a "good" job but he would end up dropping the Universe into chaos which wouldn't exactly do wonders for what is already considered the 2nd weakest Universe by the metric that they used.(Whatever the hell "mortal level" actually means, our Universe sucks at it.)

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:18 pm

No one from the main cast is good to be a God of Destruction... lol

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:48 pm

Majin Buu of course. He basically did the same job as Beerus anyways, until he started killing off the Kaioshin and almost destroying the Cosmological balance in Universe 7.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:59 pm

Freeza is the obvious best choice. He doesn’t have any real family that he’d be leaving as he becomes a God. He’s experienced and manipulated hakai energy first hand multiple times. He’s ruthless enough to not care about who he’s destroying. He’s had experience properly running a galaxy as its emperor. He’s learned to get off his high horse. Provided Whis watches him and teaches him manners in the beginning, Freeza would make the best God of Destruction out of the main cast. In fact, I feel like its too perfect of a role for him to not get it.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:19 pm

You forgot the most important candidate: Master Roshi.
Ordinary sweets won't prevent him from destroying worlds though and keep his hunger satisfied.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:26 pm

None. I really don't see anyone who would be good at destroying stuff and not abuse their power...
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:35 pm

Most actual Hakaishin aren't even good at their jobs, nevermind the main cast. People keep mentioning Freeza, a character more interested in personal gain than any responsibility to the universe; if that's the best choice the fanbase can muster, the obvious answer is "no one".

Maybe Piccolo would be a decent candidate if he was strong enough, but that's about it.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:14 pm

Being an Hakaishin isn't just about raw strength. It requires an impartial outlook on creation, commitment to a higher order of being, and the mental fortitude to destroy wholesale planets regardless of the lives that may be sacrificed in the process. Right now, virtually no one in Goku's little merry band of misfits possesses those credentials. Goku already rejected the proposal after having first battled Beerus -- he also lacks the proper foreknowledge and etiquette for being part of a greater organisation and the ethical impartiality to watch countless numbers of people get wiped out for the sake of naturalist balance. Vegeta may not be as principled or socially dull but he lacks the ability to commit himself to a person or group that calls upon him to act as a subordinate to another (not without some arm-twisting that is).

Who else does this leave? Gohan's reasoning would be similar to Goku's except he would be capable of understanding the precepts for being just a member of something. With that said, he's not going to sign on to destroy populated planets just to keep the universe in balance. Goten and Trunks would be too young. Tenshinhan has already admitted that he's not a murderer back in the 22nd tournament so that exempts him from the possible list of candidates. Krillin is too weak-kneed and skewed towards the life he's made for himself with #18 to be devoted to such a job. Yamcha would lack the ambition and fidelity to make an effective Hakaishin. Chaozu has been tethered to Tenshinhan for so long that I doubt he could set off for realms beyond the stars with a sound mind and ease of conscience. Piccolo might have the best chance for eligibility. He's demonstrated patience, observation, decorum, and ruthlessness in the past. However, since having merged with Kami, it has to be conceded that his personality has undergone a tonal shift. Could he still bring himself to kill whole scores of people for the sake of order? You would need to answer that question before he can be considered a viable candidate.

Looking past the immediate members of the group, you still have Roshi, the cyborg twins, and Buu. The Majin being has never shown too much interest in anything outside of food and interacting with his friend, Mr Satan. Does he even have the intelligence to properly conduct the duties of an Hakaishin? What's more, given his opaque history with the Kaioshins of Universe 7, I question if some of the higher-ups would feel all too comfortable in allowing the likes of Buu into their circle. Moving on, #17 doesn't seem to care for much of anything outside of protecting his island and his family to a lesser extent. No way is he going to sign on for millions of years worth of servitude to the Omni-King. #18 also cares about her family, but the difference is that she can be bought if enough money is offered. Are there any benefits to being an Hakaishin like recreational luxuries and mansions? If something like that could be negotiated then #18 might not be totally adverse towards the idea, I think. Krillin might have objections to make regarding the nature of Hakaishin duties, in which case #18 might turn it down anyway. All that leaves is Roshi who has been retired for awhile now and because of his dedication to the Kame philosophy, I doubt he would agree to kill people just like that.

So out of everyone mentioned, the characters with the strongest conceivable likelihood for becoming Hakaishin would be Piccolo and #18, in my opinion. Some have suggested Freeza -- my responce is that just like Vegeta, he's not the sort to prostrate himself before another. Plus, another issue is that he takes too much delight in killing. Killing is an obligation of Hakaishin. It's not something that should be haphazardly sought after just to scratch your itch for carnage.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:49 pm

Lionel wrote:So out of everyone mentioned, the characters with the strongest conceivable likelihood for becoming Hakaishin would be Piccolo and #18, in my opinion.
Nah. #18 would eventually terrorize civilizations to give her all their money otherwise she would threaten them with Hakai. As for Piccolo, he was Kami, I don't see him making such a face/heel turn.

Some have suggested Roshi, but clever kings could easily bribe him with prostitutes in order to leave their planet alone.