"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:23 am

SSJgogeto wrote:I'm curious about Fu gathering Kiri. He'll probably do something similar to what Babidi did, that's my bet.
So he is doing all this to unleash a ultra powerful entity? That sounds cool but scary at the same time, the bar has been raised so high, if Cumber is not the strongest thing he can bring then whatever is must be something stronger than anything in dragon ball so far, like ultra instinct level or beyond idk.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:09 am

alakazam^ wrote:
Majin Demigra wrote:Thanks Alakazam! :D

But I think you missed a couple

https://youtu.be/9SFQGIeMtFs
https://youtu.be/vTjjxgZDx_g
I was only given the other ones, was wondering where the Demigra stuff was, actually.
Very interesting. When was the last time Xeno Goku fought the Shadow Dragons? Or is he referring to the events of GT?

Also, nice to see that Demigra and Mechikabura aren't on good terms. Always down to see different villain dynamics aside from the usual good vs. bad guys team up.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:57 am

Rakurai wrote:Very interesting. When was the last time Xeno Goku fought the Shadow Dragons? Or is he referring to the events of GT?
Yes, probably GT as Xeno Goku has SSJ4.
Rakurai wrote: Also, nice to see that Demigra and Mechikabura aren't on good terms. Always down to see different villain dynamics aside from the usual good vs. bad guys team up.
Demigra was always against other demons. They want to resurrect the Demon Realm but Demigra is a solo player and wants to rule the time and space alone.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:06 pm

SDBH Volume 2 Special Chapter
SDBH UM Chapter 2 - The perfect evil awakens

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:40 pm

I never posted links related to the Demigra saga because I didn't want to overload alakazam^ with translations, I was planning in asking for translations of that saga once Universe Mission ends.

Anyway, glad to see the confirmation that Xeno Goku comes from some point after the events of Dragon Ball GT. So when they say "he's from another dimension" they're referring to Dragon Ball GT which was something I was hoping for, not another dimension apart from even GT.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:42 pm

Mnich wrote:
Rakurai wrote:Very interesting. When was the last time Xeno Goku fought the Shadow Dragons? Or is he referring to the events of GT?
Yes, probably GT as Xeno Goku has SSJ4.
Rakurai wrote: Also, nice to see that Demigra and Mechikabura aren't on good terms. Always down to see different villain dynamics aside from the usual good vs. bad guys team up.
Demigra was always against other demons. They want to resurrect the Demon Realm but Demigra is a solo player and wants to rule the time and space alone.
That's what I thought. Though having SSJ4 doesn't necessarily mean he went through the events of GT, but this imo is proof in the pudding that the creators are indeed using GT as reference for Xeno Goku's timeline. There were also other hints but this is a much more direct reference.

Speaking of Xeno Goku, there's one thing that's always bothered me. What is the context of this line?
From my understanding of Japanese, Goku is referring to different versions of himself, one in which he borrowed power from others (which I assume refers to BoG) and one in which he trained by himself (which I assume refers to post-EoZ, before the events of GT). But he could be referring to different timeline versions of the person Goku instead of himself. So why do people assume he went through the ritual process for SSG? It also makes no sense given he's referring to two separate "me", and not to particular events he's experienced himself. Or is there a grammar subtlety that changes the meaning that I'm missing?

Even if this is in a different game. I feel like if Xeno Goku had SSG or knew of god ki, he would've certainly hinted at the knowledge instead of being taken aback by SSB.

--

Well, it's more of the decision that he'd rather team up with the Xeno gang and fight against other demons than team up with the demons and get rid of the Xeno gang.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:03 pm

I'm glad that Fu used his knowledge of science and understanding of how Oozaru works. Since DBZ, Vegeta explained that it was green spectrum radiation that is emitted when Sunlight is reflected from a sphere that causes a reaction in the gland of the tail. Fu basically created waves that are in opposite phase. This is essentially basic physics. Two waves that are out of phase with each other will cancel out. This reverted Cumber back to normal.
Also, I was right all along regarding the reason why Fu is doing what he is doing - to collect kiri / energy from time distortions. Same thing he did in XV. Cumber is his best "experiment". It would make sense to infuse him with kiri to make him stronger.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:37 pm

The Xeno Goku can't be from GT can he? I thought Chronoa said he was pulled from Trunks memories.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:39 pm

How can a character live through memories? :eh:

~ War of the Dinobots ~

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:04 pm

Grimlock wrote:I never posted links related to the Demigra saga because I didn't want to overload alakazam^ with translations, I was planning in asking for translations of that saga once Universe Mission ends.
It's fine, you can post links as you wish, don't worry about it.
Rakurai wrote:Speaking of Xeno Goku, there's one thing that's always bothered me. What is the context of this line?
From my understanding of Japanese, Goku is referring to different versions of himself, one in which he borrowed power from others (which I assume refers to BoG) and one in which he trained by himself (which I assume refers to post-EoZ, before the events of GT). But he could be referring to different timeline versions of the person Goku instead of himself.
He does say "at that time" and "now" so it has to be things he experienced himself. Unless he was there by time travel shenanigans.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:52 am

alakazam^ wrote:It's fine, you can post links as you wish, don't worry about it.
It may not seem like it, but doing that "can someone translate all these dialogues please?" providing hyperlink for each word and each one leading to the exact moment the dialogue starts is time consuming. :lol: So there is that too. If just doing that is kinda exhausting, translating lots of dialogues must be too. I'll spare you. :)

~ War of the Dinobots ~

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:51 am

Bullza wrote:The Xeno Goku can't be from GT can he? I thought Chronoa said he was pulled from Trunks memories.
Chronoa can pull a character from a different timeline. She lives in Age 850, she could also just have pulled Goku from the future of the GT timeline as he grew older after the Evil Shenron Saga.

It's funny, but exactly as my timeline theory has been written so far, is still consistent with everything. I had already put the GT Timeline as Timeline 5 and I put Goku: Xeno coming from this timeline.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:20 am

So would the other Time Patrol Xeno characters be from after GT? Like Vegeta, Gohan, Goten etc?

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:51 am

So if I read it correctly, Kanba has decided to forgo his own safety and survival in exchange for going out with a bang on the prison planet in the name of a good time... Wow, hes taking the combat hedonism up a notch.

'This fight, I like it, ANOTHER!'

(smashes dragon ball on the floor)

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:54 am

Bullza wrote:So would the other Time Patrol Xeno characters be from after GT? Like Vegeta, Gohan, Goten etc?
Id think so. The Xeno Goten being his obvious GT equivalent as opposed to his end of Z version (who I honestly feel looks better IMO).

I also wonder why they dont give Goten a sword or a staff.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:23 am

alakazam^ wrote: He does say "at that time" and "now" so it has to be things he experienced himself. Unless he was there by time travel shenanigans.
True. But that's why I'm asking for context, I assume he'd be watching two versions of himself.
Bullza wrote:The Xeno Goku can't be from GT can he? I thought Chronoa said he was pulled from Trunks memories.
I think Chronoa was referring to the idea of Goku being the strongest person from F. Trunks' memory in general. And the Goku from F. Trunks' memory may have very well gone down the GT timeline route.

Otherwise, if it were the exact Goku from F. Trunks' memories, Xeno Goku shouldn't have SSJ3 much less SSJ4.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:10 am

Rakurai wrote:
alakazam^ wrote: He does say "at that time" and "now" so it has to be things he experienced himself. Unless he was there by time travel shenanigans.
True. But that's why I'm asking for context, I assume he'd be watching two versions of himself.
I think Chronoa was referring to the idea of Goku being the strongest person from F. Trunks' memory in general. And the Goku from F. Trunks' memory may have very well gone down the GT timeline route.

Otherwise, if it were the exact Goku from F. Trunks' memories, Xeno Goku shouldn't have SSJ3 much less SSJ4.
The context is he’s about to fight SSJGod Goku, the wording really implies that Goku: xeno has gone through the god ritual before, and he also knows beerus and Whis.

But this is in UMX and the 3ds game continuities are their own thing outside of the arcade game and it’s literally impossible for them to fit together

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:15 am

Why is Fu so cool? he's like the coolest character ever. I mainly watch SDBH because of him.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:37 pm

There's even different continuities within Dragon Ball Heroes?

There's the 3DS games, Arcade game, Manga and Anime. Is that two different continuities? The Goku Xeno from the 3DS game isn't the same as the Goku Xeno from the manga?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:44 pm

Everything you just listed are all different continuities. The stories, while often similar in most, are not the exact same. There are differences in events, motivations, form usage, etc.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)