"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LightBing
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by LightBing » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:39 am

Cooler's pretty awesome he's already made it to my team.
Shame about no dramatic finishes but I think these are the best two DLC characters, plus they gave us a stage and the Halloween event. I'm fine missing out Goku sending Cooler to the sun.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:40 am

-Coola and C17 pack-

I'm surprised by how great both are.

Coola feels like a mix of Broly + Android 21 and he's better than both. He does a lot of damage, his assist he's good and his 2M has an incredible range.
His level 3 also works as a counter on the ground, which will make opponents think twice when you have enough meter to do it.

C17 was the MVP in ToP and now he's the MVP of mix-ups in this game. He was a lot of potential, but it's also one of the characters that needs you to spend more time in order to use all of his potential. It will be interesting to see some pro players using him on high level competitions. I'm expecting to see Sonic Fox and Kazunoko using him. I don't like his assist though.

The new stage is really cool. The fact there are characters from Universe Survival arc on the benches is a cool detail.
I kinda got distracted the first time by looking to the green screens though. :lol:

The only thing preventing this from being a perfect pack is really the absence of SSJ Goku vs Coolea dramatic finish.

Hoping for a season 2 DLC, but also for packs not as ridiculous as Pack 3 - Base Goku and Base Vegeta.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

DBZfan29
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZfan29 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:06 pm

Purchased the game for Switch with all the extra fighters. It's so awesome! I want to try the new DLC stage but I can't find it in any mode. Does it have to be unlocked? My game is up to date.
An interviewer asks, "The soundtrack in Sonic 3 has become legendary. Is it true that you worked with Michael Jackson on it?" Takashi Iizuka kills all of our hopes and dreams by replying, "You know, those are just rumors, and SEGA does not want to say anything about them. So they will forever be just rumors..." WHY!?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:52 pm

Is it true you have to be online in order to change your name from the default DBFighter? I just got FighterZ for Switch and I'll do the free 7 day membership trial thing if it means I can get in to change my account name, but I'd rather not have to go through that workaround if I can change it without going online.

Also does anyone know how long the free Nintendo Switch membership week trial offer is going on for? I'd rather do it next week rather than this week since I might be away this weekend.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:22 pm

Improbable but not impossible. With Fortnight becoming a cross platform game, I can only hope Fighterz will one day join become one as well.
BlueBasilisk wrote:Finally started the Android 21 arc. Man, the story mode in this game is really boring. I'm so sick of fighting these clones. They could at least include the rest of the roster for diversity since they threw Trunks and Buu in there. :eh:
What really sucks, is that the creators, Arcsys, made the Blazblue Series, which is the most in depth, dense, story driven fighting game I ever seen. I wouldn't ask for anything like their campaigns for Fighterz, but they could have done so much better.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:25 pm

As someone who was originally upset that Kaio-Ken wasn't an install, I am very happy that it ended up being a Rekka based super instead. Been playing around with Base Goku more and having a ton of fun.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:29 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Improbable but not impossible. With Fortnight becoming a cross platform game, I can only hope Fighterz will one day join become one as well.
And what would be the benefit from it?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:41 pm

Noah wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:Improbable but not impossible. With Fortnight becoming a cross platform game, I can only hope Fighterz will one day join become one as well.
And what would be the benefit from it?
Same benefit you'd get on Fortnight, able to connect to any player across all four systems.

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:06 pm

Is anyone else getting nothing but Zstamps from Halloween shop?

At some point I need to complete Hard mord of the story missions and Farm Zeni to get Z coins. I want them Halloween costume colors!

And when is FighterZ cup supposed to end? I need the Zenny from my faction!

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:21 pm

If they enable cross play with FighterZ, they'll have to either increase the total number of players allowed in a room at once for the current lobbies, or give back more lobbies like at the release of the game, because as of now the amount of lobbies they have wouldn't be enough for 4 consoles at once.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:07 pm

I find it funny how I've had DBFZ since release and have yet to spend any Zeni :lol:
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:21 am

DBZfan29 wrote:Purchased the game for Switch with all the extra fighters. It's so awesome! I want to try the new DLC stage but I can't find it in any mode. Does it have to be unlocked? My game is up to date.
Does the Switch version have the Halloween update? For Ps4 the arena came with that update. No unlocking needed.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:46 am

Jord wrote:
DBZfan29 wrote:Purchased the game for Switch with all the extra fighters. It's so awesome! I want to try the new DLC stage but I can't find it in any mode. Does it have to be unlocked? My game is up to date.
Does the Switch version have the Halloween update? For Ps4 the arena came with that update. No unlocking needed.
It does, but you need a Nintendo Switch membership to access it.

I'm waiting until next week to use my free trial week on it. I want the Halloween items and to change my default name, but I'm not ready to buy a month of online because there's nothing they're offering right now that are worth the $5 to me. I also just started playing the game and I'm not deep enough yet to suitably play online vs.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:30 pm

Man, Cooler is so fun but his synergy with Vegito is really lacking. Makes me sad...

Had to switch the team up and Base Goku(Point)/Cooler(Mid)/Android 21(Anchor) is actually pretty fun. I know, 21 and Goku should switch positions but Goku's combos with their assists can rack up damage pretty quick to where I can combo into mini spirit bomb twice in a combo.

Now I just have to find a better team for #17, as he absolutely needs to be point, his assists are key. The research continues.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:30 am

Chuquita wrote:
Jord wrote:

I'm waiting until next week to use my free trial week on it. I want the Halloween items and to change my default name, but I'm not ready to buy a month of online because there's nothing they're offering right now that are worth the $5 to me. I also just started playing the game and I'm not deep enough yet to suitably play online vs.
That is pretty bad. Do you mean you can't even download it?
I don't have ps+ but I can access it just fine. I can get into the online lobby but I can't get into online matches. That being said I can also access the arena in the offline lobby.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:53 am

Jord wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
Jord wrote:

That is pretty bad. Do you mean you can't even download it?
I don't have ps+ but I can access it just fine. I can get into the online lobby but I can't get into online matches. That being said I can also access the arena in the offline lobby.
I can download updates, but access to them is greyed out. The offline lobby lists the option to buy the Halloween capsules, but you can't actually click it. If I try to boot the online lobby from the start screen it stops me to advertise its Switch membership. As for changing your account name from dbfighter, the option isn't even there. It's all really unfortunate.

That's why next week I'm planning to try that free week offer. I at least want to change my fighterz username and participate in the Halloween event, but right now I have no interest in a Switch membership. If they offered N64 and GameCube games I'd give it a try, but I've played the NES games I like from here and back with how many re-releases they've done before.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:44 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
GTx10 wrote:Gogeta is always big among fans but what with the "notion of a possible Gogeta appearance" in the Broly movie his causal fans have popped out of the wood work. But how do folks not know who Towa is? She is in XV1 and XV2 people!
Xenoverse isn't everyones cup o tea. And some DB fans don't even play video games
Ok but by that logic I am not the biggest fan of Fighterz but I still make it my (nerd) business to know who 21 is. Plus the Towa bathing suit thing was all over the internet.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:13 pm

Give me the Gogeta blue when that movie comes out and we are all set

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:54 pm

Thinking about it, it's off character for Ginyu to have his crew help him fight. :think: Just a random thought.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:10 am

Something they could do is when we beat a transformed Saiyan, he would revert to his base form.
With the exception of Broly, they already have the character models for all Saiyans base forms. For the fusions, they could even make them diffuse. It shouldn't be very hard.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.