"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:34 pm

Perhaps the same set up of Fuu going through Rifts and asking you to help get energy, going into most likely both Super and GT material (Baby for a Baby Saga Mission, Kefla for a TOP Mission, maybe a Super 17 Mission and then something to do with the Movie. Current Broly raging through timelines looking for this new Broly :D)
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:25 am

TobyS wrote:What do you all think the story mode will be if we get one.

Far too many characters to do a viable ToP.

I really really hope legend patrol is bundled in but I doubt it.

Probably just more random scenarios for the fu missions. Maybe a tease for XV 3.

Hopefully an extension to how many models you can store on the Colosseum.

My wishlist:

Colosseum storage expansion.
Chaozu
Minus Bardock
More mentor customisations better stats on mentors.
More story mode/explaining super trunks vs xeno trunks/current definitive timelines explanation.
Why no extra Towas and Mira's but extra dabras across the timelines....
You could do a decent ToP story mode. Maybe starting after U3 gets erased, leaving Dyspo, Toppo and Jiren, and our boys, perhaps Fuu, Mira or someone takes over Hakaishin Toppo? Jiren as an allie? or the other way around, Jiren gets possesed and Hakaishin Toppo is an ally, U-7+Hakaishin Toppo+you vs demon shirtless Jiren. Zeno would see it as fun and let it slide and Daishinkan wouldn't mind because it is no threat, he can deal with it if comes to that.

TheNamekGio
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheNamekGio » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:36 am

I love this game but I kinda triple dipped on different console releases. I have the collectors edition on Xbox and the Switch version. So I kinda of don't need my PS4 version. Thinking about selling it. Any takers?
I'm a DB veteran thats paid my DB dues!!

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:46 pm

DB Minus Bardock is prob just gonna be another Bardock preset. Gine will be an NPC in the hub world but wont be a playable character as she doesn’t fight anyway.
In the XV3 story, Bardock will be found and become a Time Patroller. Those are some of my predictions.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:00 pm

I think for XV3, now that we have the Prison Planet Arc, I could see them doing something along those lines where Fuu creates a realm or arena of sorts from characters all across time and we get a story about the Time Patrol trying to escape by battling through moments in history

I still would rather see aspects of the Demon Realm Saga adapted but I understand they want to keep Xenoverse and Heroes separate properties

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:14 pm

TheNamekGio wrote:I love this game but I kinda triple dipped on different console releases. I have the collectors edition on Xbox and the Switch version. So I kinda of don't need my PS4 version. Thinking about selling it. Any takers?
Depends. How much?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:18 pm

Scsigs wrote:
TheNamekGio wrote:I love this game but I kinda triple dipped on different console releases. I have the collectors edition on Xbox and the Switch version. So I kinda of don't need my PS4 version. Thinking about selling it. Any takers?
Depends. How much?
Very likely close to a Baker’s half-hundred.

TheNamekGio
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheNamekGio » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:33 am

Scsigs wrote:
Depends. How much?
PM me. I promise I can work with you.
I'm a DB veteran thats paid my DB dues!!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:33 am

Well, I was expecting something more interesting than just stuff about Raid Mission... It seems at least we are going to be able to play as Demigra and Mira Final Form though.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:50 pm

Indeed, it seems we'll be able to play as Demigra, Final Form Mira, and "Half-Corrupted" Fused Zamasu in this new "My Raid" mode.

It'll reward the winning side with XP, Zeni, and "event-exclusive accessories at random." Potentially a new way to grind for XP, and possibly a redistribution of the raid rewards?

Also, those Christmas outfits look nice :P
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:57 pm

I hope they put in final form Demigra, that'd be fun.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:01 pm

Still no Rage Trunks though. :(
Caulifla best girl! :)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:14 pm

Why do I get the sinking feeling this 'My Raid' mode will still be locked behind the PS Plus paywall though...
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:04 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Why do I get the sinking feeling this 'My Raid' mode will still be locked behind the PS Plus paywall though...
Man I've seen you complain about this enough to recognise you now. Its not even Bamco doing this. PlayStation and Xbox have paid online now and they have for years.

Dont get me wrong I hate the idea of people being unable to play content due to money but thats been around for a veery long time now. At some point just suck it up and pay if you want to play the content. Maybe just buy a month subscription if you're not planning to play anything else.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:51 pm

The only reason I give a shit about this 1v5 mode is if it gives us some idea about how they plan to rework the gameplay to acustom handicap matches. If it's just a shitty 'be a boss' mode I won't even touch it.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:53 pm

nato25 wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:Man I've seen you complain about this enough to recognise you now. Its not even Bamco doing this. PlayStation and Xbox have paid online now and they have for years.

Dont get me wrong I hate the idea of people being unable to play content due to money but thats been around for a veery long time now. At some point just suck it up and pay if you want to play the content. Maybe just buy a month subscription if you're not planning to play anything else.
I realize I don't post as much as I used to, but trust me, the vast majority of my posts are far more positive and numerous than my complaints on this stuff, so please, whatever you do, don't chalk me up as just a griper. :crazy:

That said however, my issues with this aren't about PS Plus itself. I've long accepted that the ability to play with other people online is going to be part of a paid online service deal, be it through Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, or whoever. That's a lost battle, I might not like it, but it is what it is. Now, what continues to frustrate me however, is other content that doesn't pertain to that, being locked behind the paywall when it otherwise doesn't need to be.

I'm not talking about DLC characters and such either, that's another battle that I admit has been lost, and I'm willing to pay for. Hell, I've bought every DLC pack that's come out for this game thus far, including the Anime Music pack. It's when stuff that I've paid for is then rendered unusable because I don't have Plus, that's when I get aggravated, and rightly so I'd say. Back when the Mentor system was implemented, and they brought out the custom outfits for mentors, absolutely nothing about them was stated or implied that the way to get them would be behind the paywall of Plus. But they are. They're in a Gift shop you cannot access without having Plus. There's no reason they should be, they could be in the TP medal shop or something, but no - they were put in the shop that anyone without Plus cannot access. And that's aggravating.

And if the Mentor stuff was part of a free update rather than a paid one (I honestly can't even remember at this point - it's hard to remember what came from what, other than obvious stuff like more characters, since the updates always hit at the same time, you know?), then that's almost even worse. Why is part of a free update rendered not free by putting it in a place you can't get without having paid for Plus? It's just...stupid. Plain stupid marketing/game/whatever designing.

I don't even really blame Bandai Namco for this, or even necessarily Sony. If anything, I'd say the likely suspect for having made that choice is Dimps if I had to guess, because Fighterz (by ArcSys) was able to give me some free stuff despite my not having Plus, and that's also both Bandai Namco and Sony, so...yeah. I'm just guessing it's Dimps, but still.

In-so-far as my gripe about this possible upcoming 'My Raid' mode goes, I admit I'm assuming on this one, but I'd assume it's probably part of the 'free' update that'll correspond with our next paid DLC. I could turn out to be wrong, but either way, it just ties back to my chief concern - if something is actually 'free', then it shouldn't be hindered by a paywall in any way; and if something is paid for and I pay for it, then it should also not likewise be hindered by a SECOND paywall. It's just asinine, at least to me, a guy who still fondly remembers when we didn't have to deal with any of this and everything was just...on the disc/cartridge to begin with, and we waited for a sequel to get more content. As much as I love continued support for games like we get now, I can't lie - I miss those days dearly.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:34 pm

I don't think there's a proper translation of this yet, but it seems a Tournament of Power stage was confirmed for the next DLC.

From what I can tell, the gist of it is that there'll be some tournament for the Switch version of the game, providing early access to the stage ahead of its release in winter.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:43 pm

I hope the ToP stage is done better than those seen in youtube(mods), because they don't look similar to the show at all.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:25 pm

Koitsukai wrote:I hope the ToP stage is done better than those seen in youtube(mods), because they don't look similar to the show at all.
Assuming that's what this is, it'll look better. The only question is what version of the stage will it be, because if it's the version from the beginning of the ToP with the dark sky and no damage that'd be super boring.
I'd much rather an arctic stage based on the new movie though, honestly, though maybe that could be part of the paid DLC and the ToP stage would be free.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:32 am

I'm downloading a 2.4 gb update for version 1.18. Is this a new update? What are we getting?