A UK Dragon Ball Convention

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

A UK Dragon Ball Convention

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:43 am

So I noticed on Twitter SaiyaCon are discussing the possibility of a Dragon Ball convention happening in 2019 or 2020 and thought I'd start this thread to spread the word.

If this goes ahead would anyone here from the UK or Ireland be interested in attending?

I would certainly look forward to it as it would be a good weekend for those of us who couldn't afford to go to Kamehacon.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Re: A UK Dragon Ball Convention

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:08 am

If Masako or Kelamis miraculously attend this convention then I might visit it.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:19 pm

I hope that this happens and Scott McNeil comes. It'd be the best.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:21 pm

I'm not really a convention type of person but I would definitely come.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:59 am

The Time Traveller wrote:I'm not really a convention type of person but I would definitely come.
Same here, I'm not a big anime guy and most people I've met at general anime conventions are way more knowledgeable than I am. A Dragon Ball convention though is right up my alley.

Wouldn't count on Nozawa or McNeil coming, but either would be awesome. Kelamis is a possibility as he was at DigiCon this year.

Definitely think Team Four Star and Ajay would be good contenders to get the show up and running with panels as they are from the UK.

I also heard Geekdom say in a recent stream he may be coming to the UK next year, so who knows maybe he's in talks. I'd certainly attend any panels he may get to do.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:01 pm

Turns out its going to be in Manchester from August 23rd-25th.

Also worth noting this will be the UK KamehaCon, SaiyaCon will apparently be a different convention.

I'll more than likely go to KamehaCon UK, but may go to both if I can find the cash.