"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:03 am

Grimlock wrote:UM5 commercial leaked somehow. If not for UM5, I hope one of the SECs is Super Saiyan God Vegeta for UM6.

One week until the great day! :D
I bet we'll see that in January, November would be a tad premature for the movies release. I'd like to think they'll trickle things from the movie in over time till we see a new series. But they will definitely give us red boi vegeta soon

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:22 pm

Grimlock wrote:UM5 commercial leaked somehow. If not for UM5, I hope one of the SECs is Super Saiyan God Vegeta for UM6.

If anything I'm triggered by why SSG Vegeta is only a thing now that the film is promoting it.

Like, it should've been a thing since SSG Vegeta was introduced in the manga. And the same with everything else like Hakai and Gamma Burst Flash. They took so long to finally get to Heroes.

I want a card that showcases Jiren's weird shrinking ability from the manga. But that'll prob never make since it's not the main product at this point.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:26 am

You shouldn't be. Games have always focused more on the anime (or the animated form) rather than the manga. The former is more popular, it is what reaches people the most. Manga is only considered when there is a lack of something or they want to use something for the "wow" factor. But anime will always stands out more/be the primary source for games.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:16 am

Grimlock wrote:You shouldn't be. Games have always focused more on the anime (or the animated form) rather than the manga. The former is more popular, it is what reaches people the most. Manga is only considered when there is a lack of something or they want to use something for the "wow" factor. But anime will always stands out more/be the primary source for games.
Here's the irony, in Japan, manga is more popular & mainstream than anime. It is more accessible and makes up a large section of Japan's publishing industry. People reading manga during train rides is a common sight to see. Every town will have a book store with aisles of different manga genres and larger cities like Tokyo or Kyoto even have stores entirely dedicated to the medium. Convenience stores are quite happy for patrons to stand and read manga even if they are not going to buy and many waiting rooms and restaurants have bookshelves with popular serializations.

There are far more manga titles than anime titles, that's for sure. Comiket (which sells primarily doujinshi, but that's still a type of manga) is by far larger and popular than any anime convention held in Japan. Most anime are adapted from manga or light novels, the latter being more popular than anime as well.

For DB, however, it is quite clear that the anime has always been more popular than the manga. So it's not that I don't get it, but I think they should still give proper representation to both medium.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:38 am

Rakurai wrote:
Grimlock wrote:You shouldn't be. Games have always focused more on the anime (or the animated form) rather than the manga. The former is more popular, it is what reaches people the most. Manga is only considered when there is a lack of something or they want to use something for the "wow" factor. But anime will always stands out more/be the primary source for games.
Here's the irony, in Japan, manga is more popular & mainstream than anime. It is more accessible and makes up a large section of Japan's publishing industry. People reading manga during train rides is a common sight to see. Every town will have a book store with aisles of different manga genres and larger cities like Tokyo or Kyoto even have stores entirely dedicated to the medium. Convenience stores are quite happy for patrons to stand and read manga even if they are not going to buy and many waiting rooms and restaurants have bookshelves with popular serializations.

There are far more manga titles than anime titles, that's for sure. Comiket (which sells primarily doujinshi, but that's still a type of manga) is by far larger and popular than any anime convention held in Japan. Most anime are adapted from manga or light novels, the latter being more popular than anime as well.

For DB, however, it is quite clear that the anime has always been more popular than the manga. So it's not that I don't get it, but I think they should still give proper representation to both medium.
and they are doing that, but the anime gives more content per month than the manga does, so they will naturally go with that as their main source while simultaneously giving us original content

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:31 pm

Rakurai wrote:

Actually in Japan, the original manga is more popular than the anime version of DB(Z). Its only with Super where the anime version is more popular.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:43 pm

So what's the deal with those V-jump promo cards? I got my issue and went to the website listed, but I can't make heads or tails of it. Is it some kind of limited run promotional item? :eh:

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:37 pm

Rakurai wrote:

If anything I'm triggered by why SSG Vegeta is only a thing now that the film is promoting it.

Like, it should've been a thing since SSG Vegeta was introduced in the manga. And the same with everything else like Hakai and Gamma Burst Flash. They took so long to finally get to Heroes.

I want a card that showcases Jiren's weird shrinking ability from the manga. But that'll prob never make since it's not the main product at this point.
When has Jiren ever shrunk?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:52 pm

TobyS wrote:
Rakurai wrote:

I think Rakurai means when Jiren had shrunk a villain in the 30th chapter of the Dragon Ball Super Manga for safekeeping.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:14 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
TobyS wrote:
Rakurai wrote:

I think Rakurai means when Jiren had shrunk a villain in the 30th chapter of the Dragon Ball Super Manga for safekeeping.
Yeah that's the ability I meant. Sorry if I wasn't being clear enough.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:25 pm

zarmack wrote: Actually in Japan, the original manga is more popular than the anime version of DB(Z). Its only with Super where the anime version is more popular.
My Japanese friends tell me that it's mainly the DB anime that gets promoted and merchandised. All the DB stores use more anime content than manga, take for example the DB cafe. Nozawa herself is way more famous than Toriyama, but that's probably because she's made more guest appearances from her position.

Then again, that's from a perspective of Japanese natives which is not necessarily the most truthful or the most accurate. But I'd rather believe people who've seen it all and have experience living in Japan. And let's be real, the main reason why the DB Renaissance took off was because of the success of BoG, RoF, Kai, & the anime overseas. There was an increase in merchandising sales, not volume sales (though I'm sure they've gone up more since then).

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:44 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:
TobyS wrote:
I thought it was a device that did that, not a skill he has

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:55 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Rakurai wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote: I think Rakurai means when Jiren had shrunk a villain in the 30th chapter of the Dragon Ball Super Manga for safekeeping.
Jiren may have had used a special device to have done the job for him in capturing the Crab-looking villain.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:25 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Rakurai wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote: I think Rakurai means when Jiren had shrunk a villain in the 30th chapter of the Dragon Ball Super Manga for safekeeping.
I always thought it was a part of him, given the way it was presented. It extrudes from underneath his glove, like it's a part of him. But we'll probably never know.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:15 am

Better look at Super Saiyan 4 Xeno Vegetto. I still don't like the form itself but since Xeno Vegetto has a cool and stylish design, it makes the form kinda attractive. Well, gotta thanks Heroes for actually giving characters other outfits, and what's better, nice outfits. :)

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:23 am

Grimlock wrote:Better look at Super Saiyan 4 Xeno Vegetto. I still don't like the form itself but since Xeno Vegetto has a cool and stylish design, it makes the form kinda attractive. Well, gotta thanks Heroes for actually giving characters other outfits, and what's better, nice outfits. :)

The design looks good, but man does Yamamuro's art make it look kinda bulky. I liked the artstyle they used a while back when first revealed:

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:43 am

Vegito SSJ4 looks so lame and unoriginal compared to Gogeta SSJ4 lol.
I hate how DBH made SSJ4 so generic. Remove shirt, add red fur and black hair. Done.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:17 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:Vegito SSJ4 looks so lame and unoriginal compared to Gogeta SSJ4 lol.
I hate how DBH made SSJ4 so generic. Remove shirt, add red fur and black hair. Done.
Subjectiveness aside, thats all super saiyan 4 is, extra body hair and going shirtless with a messy mullet version of your normal hair.

Gogeta having Red hair made little sense given how fusion has been shown to work. Yeah it looks cool but still.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:00 pm

Rakurai wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Rakurai wrote:
I always thought it was a part of him, given the way it was presented. It extrudes from underneath his glove, like it's a part of him. But we'll probably never know.
its a blaster mounted on the top of his hand that he didnt bring to a no-weapons tournament. The liklihood is its not his power

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:10 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:Vegito SSJ4 looks so lame and unoriginal compared to Gogeta SSJ4 lol.
You can't be serious, the transformation is the same for everyone just like Super Saiyan.