"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:32 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:I don't see the problem with the side step thingy ? I mean the teleportation system need that move to work :eh:
Side step trick let's you chain much longer combos since it let you not only restore some ki between cards but also draw new. You also recover some of vanishing gauge.
Other problem is that normally every next art card in combo deals lower damage but with sidestepping you overcome this.

So you can even make a dodge, land 5-6 art cards and end up having full vanishing gauge again.
ekrolo2 wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:I don't see the problem with the side step thingy ? I mean the teleportation system need that move to work :eh:
It is exploitable, for example, you can throw a couple attacks then switch to another character to instantly refill the side step bar and get some ki back, you can keep doing it over and over again for a long chain of combos.

I feel no guilt for abusing this to stomp Ex 6 Vegeta three times but it is an issue for PvP.
So basically it's a cancel kind of method making Legends near a real Fighting game 8)
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:44 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Even though this chapter was enjoyable for me, I don't know if I missed something, but are these characters supposed to be weaker than their last appearance? Cause Final Form Frost losing to Namek First Form Freeza seems a bit overblown to me.
But on other note I liked that Freeza pretends to keep using the fruits of Three of Might (funny thing, cause I remember having a friend who wrote a fanfic about the Saiyans using in it in order to defeat him).
sunsetshimmer wrote:Side step trick let's you chain much longer combos since it let you not only restore some ki between cards but also draw new. You also recover some of vanishing gauge.
Other problem is that normally every next art card in combo deals lower damage but with sidestepping you overcome this.

So you can even make a dodge, land 5-6 art cards and end up having full vanishing gauge again.
I wonder which change they will make to prevent players in PVP to overuse it, to this day I haven't mastered this yet, but it's really useful on low rank noobies.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Noah wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Even though this chapter was enjoyable for me, I don't know if I missed something, but are these characters supposed to be weaker than their last appearance? Cause Final Form Frost losing to Namek First Form Freeza seems a bit overblown to me.
But on other note I liked that Freeza pretends to keep using the fruits of Three of Might (funny thing, cause I remember having a friend who wrote a fanfic about the Saiyans using in it in order to defeat him).
sunsetshimmer wrote:Side step trick let's you chain much longer combos since it let you not only restore some ki between cards but also draw new. You also recover some of vanishing gauge.

I wonder which change they will make to prevent players in PVP to overuse it, to this day I haven't mastered this yet, but it's really useful on low rank noobies.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:29 pm

Noah wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
This is a different Frieza, not the one from the current continuity, one that is pretty damn strong by the looks of it. Frost isn't weaker, he's the same one that fought in the Tournament of Power (Which this Frieza outright says he hasn't heard of).
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:20 pm

Okay, is anyone else experiencing this problem with skip tickets? Where it'll say that you've reached the cap when you're clearly below the amount you already had, then tells you that you'll get the skip tickets you didn't get in the mail and then... Nothing?

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:00 pm

Can someone tell me what those skulls on lower left corners of the skill cards mean? I've been seeing them pop up recently, and I have no idea what they mean.

NovaSayajinGoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by NovaSayajinGoku » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:36 pm

Hey, i think this poison thing is a kind of placeholder for the things they just removed, last days. I do not know if that remains... Or maybe, they are a kind of balance option for now, who knows...
They gave surely Statement.

An other Thread by me, this game is been out for a while now. I Played it from the first Day, every Single Day more or less, without spending Money. I'm Level 92, My stongest Charakter at the Moment are Android 17 fully Boosted, with only 3 Stars and ~315.000 fighting Power.

I want to know yo Stats These Days

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:48 pm

Oh boys finally Shallot got something noice !

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/1 ... 9752592384

8)

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:40 pm

We already got a new chapter added, wow that was fast...

Kanassa wrote:Okay, is anyone else experiencing this problem with skip tickets? Where it'll say that you've reached the cap when you're clearly below the amount you already had, then tells you that you'll get the skip tickets you didn't get in the mail and then... Nothing?
Me too, they're not giving more Skip Tickets after spending Chrono Crystals. It's funny to notice how this game evolves:

On it's early days it was a really pain in the ass getting souls and money, now it's pretty easy with golden adventures. Also back to these days it was pretty common to have 500+ Skip Tickets, now it's a luxury item.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:28 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:Oh boys finally Shallot got something noice !

8)
Ironically it took real long enough for this to happen since the normal super saiyan form doesn't mean anything since decades ago and even the weakest saiyans already have SS3 in Heroes (Raditz and Nappa)

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:43 am

Dragotaker wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:Oh boys finally Shallot got something noice !

8)
Ironically it took real long enough for this to happen since the normal super saiyan form doesn't mean anything since decades ago and even the weakest saiyans already have SS3 in Heroes (Raditz and Nappa)
Except here it's Legends and this game is still new, this game doesn't have 6 month old yet. Release date was mai 28th, 2018.

Also in 5 days a special event will happen involving Shallot, he will be able to learn new technique
https://twitter.com/db_legends_jp/statu ... 2736220160

Here is Shallot executing Nappa's special technique Volcano Explosion.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:41 am

Super Saiyan Shallot isn't the only thing we're getting with this update, I think. I mean, it's marked as a huge update and I don't think one character transforming would really fit that. We'll probably be getting the Frieza fight along with it that will cause Shallot to go Super (Still betting on Nappa kicking the bucket...), new summons... But that's a usual update...

Kanassa wrote:

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:17 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:Oh boys finally Shallot got something noice!

8)
I just hope Super Saiyan Boosts him up to an Extreme or a Sparking

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:23 am

https://twitter.com/db_legends_jp/statu ... 7172808704
https://twitter.com/db_legends_jp/statu ... 4543155201
I forgot, was Gogeta confirmed in the V-Jump scan or was it just theorized that with the Buu saga content he'd be up?

Kanassa wrote:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:17 am

Super Saiyan Shallto is here and

Kanassa wrote:

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:35 am

So is Shallot any useful now? I can't try him because i only play story mode when there is really nothing else to do (hardly ever lol).
Banner itself is disappointing. I'm glad i didn't listen to people and used CC on previous step-up banner since it was way better.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:40 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:So is Shallot any useful now? I can't try him because I only play story mode when there is really nothing else to do (hardly ever lol).
Banner itself is disappointing. I'm glad I didn't listen to people and used CC on previous step-up banner since it was way better.
Why is Step up Banner better? These seem like solid units to me. Also, how does you only playing story mode when there is nothing else to do keeping you from trying him out?

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:49 am

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:So is Shallot any useful now? I can't try him because I only play story mode when there is really nothing else to do (hardly ever lol).
Banner itself is disappointing. I'm glad I didn't listen to people and used CC on previous step-up banner since it was way better.
Why is Step up Banner better? These seem like solid units to me. Also, how does you only playing story mode when there is nothing else to do keeping you from trying him out?
It was better because it allowed you to summon for much lower price even giving you free multis and guaranteed SP.
Here you have only 2 new characters, not even a single EX or HE added. Then you have Pikkon and SSJ Vegeta. Thankfully they added BLU SSJ Goku instead of his outdated YEL or RED versions.
Also, despite Gogeta and Janemba having much better stats, Satan and King Piccolo seem to be more fun to play. Although i must admit Gogeta's counter is dope.

You have to finish recent story missions to get SSJ for Shallot. That's what i meant.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:53 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
The banner itself is disappointing. I'm glad I didn't listen to people and used CC on previous step-up banner since it was way better.
It was better because it allowed you to summon for the much lower price even giving you free multis and guaranteed SP.
Here you have only 2 new characters, not even a single EX or HE added. Then you have Pikkon and SSJ Vegeta. Thankfully they added BLU SSJ Goku instead of his outdated YEL or RED versions.
Also, despite Gogeta and Janemba having much better stats, Satan and King Piccolo seem to be more fun to play. Although I must admit Gogeta's counter is dope.

You have to finish recent story missions to get SSJ for Shallot. That's what I meant.
Oh, alright. And TBH that Gogeta counter is pretty sweet. I heard some people saying that this banner is rigged and to not waste crystals on it, but I got Gogeta on my third summon so I really don't know what they are talking about.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:52 am

My freaking god... It was indeed a huge update. From Super Saiyan Shallot (which I think it's too soon, cause I don't feel like he's strong enough to unlock that form already) and Gogeta and Janemba?

SO COOL! :D
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs