Episode #0117 (24 February 2008)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0117 (24 February 2008)

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:15 pm

Episode #0117 (download MP3)
35:27; 64 kbps, mono; 16.2 MB

Episode #0117! VegettoEX, Meri, and Julian discuss "IN THE NAME OF PICCOLO-DAIMAO", a special side-story manga chapter collaborated upon by Koyama Takao and Maeda Minoru. Where did this come from, how can you read it, and are there any more of these? DBZ ABCs, some e-mails, Mike's broken pop-filter, and other great things round out the episode. Referenced sites:
Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the fantascarino *one-hundred-seventeen* episodes, now.

That's right, we finally got a chance to weigh in on the coolest thing floating around! We probably don't cover much more than everyone else already has, but hopefully we can spread the good word to a whole bunch of new people. Much appreciated is the hard work everyone did!

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:35 pm

Wondering when this would be up. :) Yay!

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:31 pm

Wisdom teeth. Ouch.

yamicell2501

Post by yamicell2501 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:35 pm

Wow! That Piccolo side story is so cool. I can't wait for the Vegeta one to get translated.

Hope you guys get well soon. I remember when I had my wisdom teeth removed. Mine were moving in a horizontal path, so they had to do surgery on me as well. The stuff they gave me to knock me out made me more "woozy," so to speak, and according to my dad and sister (who took me home that day), I resembled Stephen Hawking if he was passed out on alcohol.

I'm not sure what kind of procedure you're going to get, but I do remember them strictly warning me not to use a straw to drink, as the lower pressure in the mouth might have drawn blood.
Allow me to show you the terror of perfection. - Perfect Cell (DBZ: Sparking Meteor)

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:40 pm

Nice short podcast! It's always nice to have some kind of overlap between the podcast and the forum besides um... the podcast forum threads.

I actually had a pretty horrible Friday (well actually it was the Friday before that, but still) so it was nice to hear other people spread the bad mood.

Julian pretty much covered the whole wisdom teeth issue. I vaguely remember being pushed to the car in a wheelchair, but that's pretty much it. Oddly enough, my experience wasn't incredibly bad, though. There wasn't really any swelling or pain during the recovery week. Then again, I got mine out the summer before my senior year before I started even feeling any problems with those teeth, so...
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:23 am

Yow, sorry bout the teeth Mike. I had surgery to remove mine about 2 1/2 years ago and I was REALLY lucky and had no pain or swelling what-so-ever. My only problem was nausea due to the ingestion of blood (bleh). Just don't use a straw, the sucking will give you dry sockets and THAT will hurt. A lot.

Oh yeah, I loved the Piccolo side-story. Nice podcast as always!

Makes me sad to hear that everyone had a bad Friday... it was my 21st birthday and went pretty well for me.

omae no kaasan
OMG ULTIMATE DBZ INF0RZ D00D

Post by omae no kaasan » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:31 am

We probably don't cover much more than everyone else already has, but hopefully we can spread the good word to a whole bunch of new people.
There are other people that still bother to update with this site around?

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:45 am

Thanks for the promotion! Here I was expecting the Piccolo side-story to get mentioned in the podcast news or a site news update, but to have an entire podcast devoted to it was great. I'm sure desirecampbell and andrew appreciate it as well. It was weird hearing my translation read outloud. I suppose I did channel the early Viz Piccolo's speach pattern a little bit, though that over-dramatic quality is definitily in the original.
omae no kaasan wrote:
We probably don't cover much more than everyone else already has, but hopefully we can spread the good word to a whole bunch of new people.
There are other people that still bother to update with this site around?
There's a few.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:00 am

o.oI chipped my tooth like half an hour before listening to the podcast, and you start talking about tooth removal... I wants a stuffed animal! :cry:

In-depth reviews are always fun... especially onunfamiliar stuff. Freaking sweet, guys! XD
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:24 am

I could so identify with the bad mood, University is attempting to crush my soul :(, it was great knowing I wasn't the only one begging for death :P.

Anyway, it was another great podcast, and for some reason I cracked up hearing Meri finish up the podcast, she should do it more often!

And Is Julian okay?, I'm pretty sure his farewell was the sound of him choking to death on his own saliva..

DaftBrian

Post by DaftBrian » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:34 pm

First off PAIN MEDICATION IS FUCKING FANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTASTIC!!!!

2ndly, did anyone listen to the Ian Corlett inverview??? He says basically that he stopped doing Goku because he didn't get it. However, he also says he wants people to invite him to conventions because he never gets invited. T'was sad.
"Every time you cry, I laugh a little more"

Brakus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brakus » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:50 am

Mike is Meri's Mr. Snow Plow ;-)

The discussion about the Piccolo side story this week got me thinking about this being a nice jumping-off spot for a new animated story. It would be neat if some new DB(Z) animation would be created to animate some of these short stories and such. Something like new animation could spice up a venerable property like Dragon Ball, especially since next April will be 20 years since the first DBZ episode aired in Japan.

Hands down, these new animations, if they ever come to fruition, will be a lot better than the live-action attempt at Dragon Ball right now....
- J

"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. That is the secret of life."
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

Zuhalter2000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zuhalter2000 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:37 pm

Is there the full translation of these side stories anywhere online (link plz)?

Woops nm, i didnt that was translated on the link, i had seen the jap on before and thought it was that again :lol:
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
[quote="Tenshinhan (Ocean Dub)"]This three-eyed cowboy is going for one last ride![/quote]
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Zuhalter2000[/url]

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:48 am

Brakus wrote:Mike is Meri's Mr. Snow Plow ;-)

The discussion about the Piccolo side story this week got me thinking about this being a nice jumping-off spot for a new animated story. It would be neat if some new DB(Z) animation would be created to animate some of these short stories and such. Something like new animation could spice up a venerable property like Dragon Ball, especially since next April will be 20 years since the first DBZ episode aired in Japan.

Hands down, these new animations, if they ever come to fruition, will be a lot better than the live-action attempt at Dragon Ball right now....

I've been wanting a new 2-D animated anything for a while now. @_@
This (20 year anniversary) would be a perfect excuse for something new, Toei.
The last 2-D thing we got that wasn't an advertisement was that Japan-history battle thing where Goku was an announcer.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Saiyavenger2941
Advanced Regular

Post by Saiyavenger2941 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:42 pm

Wisdom teeth. Not fun. Time for "Avenger's list of sh*t you need to know! The Wisdom Teeth edition!"

Mike: For about the first week and a half after the surgery, don't attempt to eat anything aside from mashed potatoes and noodles, and maybe some ice cream, if you're feeling lucky. Make sure you keep it in the middle of your mouth too, away from your stitches. Otherwise, you'll hurt like a mutha. Also, avoid straws at all costs. Seriously. Oh, on the first day, just sleep, and try to avoid biting at your bottom lip when awake. That may seem easy, but when numbed, its a real chore.

Meri: On the first day or so after the surgery, if they do his like they did mine, just let him sleep, and only wake him up when absolutely necessary. Otherwise, he's gonna be really, really irritable. Trust me. I speak from first hand experience here. When I had mine done, around this time last year, that first day, I was pretty much ready to brawl with anybody who woke me up for anything. He should be back to his normal self the next day, though.

Anyways, good luck with everything coming up, peeps. Hope this little post helps out in someway.
[color=#30966E][b]PROUDLY Straight-Edge. Arrogant. Gohan and Videl obsessed. BE JEALOUS![/b][/color]
---
[url=http://bit.ly/F3l7t]DA[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/2FC03o]FFNet[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pE5Xs]Youtube[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/lCOED]Facebook[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/rWFtp]Livejournal[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/zrd4v]Twitter[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pYRHD]Flickr[/url]|PSN: Saiyavenger

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:04 am

Saiyavenger2941 wrote:Wisdom teeth. Not fun. Time for "Avenger's list of sh*t you need to know! The Wisdom Teeth edition!"

Mike: For about the first week and a half after the surgery, don't attempt to eat anything aside from mashed potatoes and noodles, and maybe some ice cream, if you're feeling lucky. Make sure you keep it in the middle of your mouth too, away from your stitches. Otherwise, you'll hurt like a mutha. Also, avoid straws at all costs. Seriously. Oh, on the first day, just sleep, and try to avoid biting at your bottom lip when awake. That may seem easy, but when numbed, its a real chore.
Geez, thanks for the advice. I'm getting mine pulled on Tuesday. :shock:

Wait, Mike is getting his pulled? When? I oughta listen to this podcast...
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Saiyavenger2941
Advanced Regular

Post by Saiyavenger2941 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:38 am

SSj Kaboom wrote:
Saiyavenger2941 wrote:Wisdom teeth. Not fun. Time for "Avenger's list of sh*t you need to know! The Wisdom Teeth edition!"

Geez, thanks for the advice. I'm getting mine pulled on Tuesday. :shock:

Wait, Mike is getting his pulled? When? I oughta listen to this podcast...
No prob. And I'd have to listen again to get it accurate, but I believe he said sometime in the next couple weeks.
[color=#30966E][b]PROUDLY Straight-Edge. Arrogant. Gohan and Videl obsessed. BE JEALOUS![/b][/color]
---
[url=http://bit.ly/F3l7t]DA[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/2FC03o]FFNet[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pE5Xs]Youtube[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/lCOED]Facebook[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/rWFtp]Livejournal[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/zrd4v]Twitter[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pYRHD]Flickr[/url]|PSN: Saiyavenger

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:23 am

Nice podcast and the whole thing with the wisdom teeth can be quite painful/ That being said there is an awesome article on wiki on Liberation Theology=Priests with guns and Raising Hell in Latin America
Communism and Christianity come toghether to make strange bedfellows indeed. Goodnight and check your door locks to be on the safe side...
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:13 am

On the subject of the Piccolo side story...I'd say that this can be in the catagory of really good filler. But not canon, because, well...It's not Toriyama. There are some things about the story that irked me...It just didn't set well with me...For example something that you guys hit up...The growth due to being part of the demon clan...That seems like a load to me...It's always been my belief that because he was a semi reincarnation, that's why he grew faster. But contrary to what I'm saying here...I actually did enjoy this, an insight into the mind of Piccolo from a more legit source was amazing. Though like mentioned by you guys, it's almost like a fanfic. I have no doubt that there are tons of fics out there that have delved into Piccolo's mind in a way that was extremely similar to this.

On, and on the subject of Movie 13...I'm inclined to say that though the sword had some power against Hirudegarn...Cutting off his tail is hardly killing him...I don't think Trunks and that sword alone could defeat Hirudegarn.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

omae no kaasan
OMG ULTIMATE DBZ INF0RZ D00D

Post by omae no kaasan » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:43 pm

There's a few.
Wow, just the concept of people keeping up other DBZ sites with this around boggles my mind.