Episode #0139 (27 July 2008)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0139 (27 July 2008)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:32 pm

Episode #0139 (download MP3) (rss feed)
47:28; 64 kbps, mono; 21.7 MB

Episode #0139! VegettoEX, Meri, and Julian discuss some "DragonBall DS" and live-action movie news. Herms from Kanzentai joins us for a discussion about the three DBZ "Side Stories", with an in-depth analysis of the Trunks story in particular, which is now available as a result of a joint project for a translated release! Referenced sites:
Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the kinda nice *one-hundred-thirty-nine* episodes, now.

All you forum junkies have probably already seen this, but at least now you can scroll through it as one page :D. And hey... you get to listen to us talk about it for a while. That's kinda neat.

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:47 pm

Man, it's going to be weird hearing myself on the podcast. I feel like I should have had more to say on the process of translating the story and whatnot, but the truth is I've been so busy since I did the translation that I don't remember the process too well.

edit: Arg~ghh, I hate my voice.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Genki-Dama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Genki-Dama » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:32 pm

Great tidbit, it was a very interesting read! :D

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:04 pm

Hah, I loved the point when Herms pointed out the scan quality. That was one of the reasons I never even tried (because my eyes suck.) And don't worry, your voice sounds coo. (Way better than my voice, at least.)

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:18 pm

It's not even my voice so much as that I keep correcting myself mid-sentence or even mid-word. I just need to think through what I'm saying a bit more.

Anyway, I'm on the same page as Mike when it comes to the live-action movie. I'm just waiting for it to get closer to release and for more information to be out before I start forming too much of an opinion.

Oh, and Julian mentioned asking around theaters in Osaka about the new anime special. In case he didn't know, it will be showing at Gran Cube Osaka, on September 21st, according to one of the old pages in Jump.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:25 pm

The Daizenshuu EX main page wrote:You may have already seen it (along with the first two) over on our buddy Desire Campbell's website, but as this particular story is more of a straight-up story than manga-style, we've created a new ...
:') *wipes away tear of happiness*

disturbed001
Regular

Post by disturbed001 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:09 pm

Herms I think you sound like the english voice for Koenma for Yu Yu Hakusho. But that also means you could be Uub!

:)
"hmm lets see.....nope, I don't have any Jewish candy"

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:42 pm

I don't know if mentioning this is frowned upon...But SSJGozar over on YouTube posted up a half hour Video collection talking about this Trunks side story.

I was expecting something stupid. I guess because he's a parody maker I was expecting him to have no clue what he was talking about and basically say how good it was simply because he likes Trunks. But I was dead wrong, he actually made some really good points on why he disliked the story. He even went into views on the DragonBall series in general. I think it's worth a watch. I'd ctually kind of like him to make more review Videos...*Le gasp*...A second DB Podcast...*Liek ZOMGz* :lol:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:05 am

Cool! Thanks for the link!

I also like the tidbit. Mostly because of Future/Mirai Gohan.
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"