Daizenshuu EX "Secret Wedding" Podcast

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Daizenshuu EX "Secret Wedding" Podcast

Post by Hujio » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:47 pm

Daizenshuu EX "Secret Wedding" Podcast - Episode #0150b (19 October 2008)

Episode #0150b (download MP3)
72:05; 64 kbps, stereo; 32.9 MB

As some of you may know, Daizenshuu EX typically releases a DragonBall podcast every week. However, due to a certain marriage that took place yesterday between two of the shows hosts (Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie & Meredith "Meri" Cantoni), no episode is being released this week. So, to honor these giants of the DragonBall fandom world, and as a special geeky present, Desire Campbell, Herms, and myself (Hujio) got together and recorded a little Daizenshuu EX "Secret Wedding" podcast of our own! We had an absolute blast doing it; in fact we recorded for well over four hours, but had only an hour worth of actual material to show for it since we quickly learned that none of us could stay on topic.

Well, it's funny how these things sometimes don't always work out exactly the way you wanted them to. We had originally planned to release this yesterday (Sunday), but the dreaded podcast curse snuck up on us. While editing the podcast, the program started crashing, and then it wouldn't save anything. Desire was "elated" (read:sarcastic) to find out that over two hours of work he had done was lost! Now I am partially to blame for bringing this curse upon us, as I "acidentally" mentioned the live-action movie while we were recording. Apparently, the "DragonBall Gods" don't want anyone to speak of it, and those that do must pay the price. Anyway, the Daizenshuu EX "Secret Wedding" podcast is finally available for download. Enjoy!

Congrats Mike & Meri!

Also, big thanks to Desire's girlfriend and my wife for putting up with us while we did this. :D
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:58 pm

I was unaware that it was yesterday. Congratuations!

I'll give this a listen later, maybe tomorrow.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:01 pm

Awesome! Downloading now.

Nice to see that I won't be going into podcast withdrawals this week. Gonna be interesting to hear what you guys have to talk about!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:29 pm

You guys reminded me: I don't think any actual sites are left outside of Kanzentai and DaizenshuuEX. :shock:

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:19 am

Shouldn't this be in the Website sub-forum?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:27 am

Thank you for satiating my need for a Dragonball podcast this week.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:41 am

Wow, we have an official Daizex curse now. :lol:
That's so awesome. XD
Mention the unmentionable and your computer explodes--or refuses to cooperate.

Anyway! Wonderful podcast; and I enjoyed your group-karaoke at the end. X3

I wish I could've expounded more on how I found my way to Daizex, but I was so nervous when recording and I only had a small window to record in, so....:

I first found Daizex way back during that one year it was down. I don't know what link lead me there, but I was on my oooooold Windows 95 (that we bought in 97) on dialup and saw this page with a chibi Goku on it along with a message that the site was coming back soon. I believe there was also a splash image later on on that same page with the logo that's now at the top of the Daizex homepage.

My only DB forum prior to that was the Toon Zone Toonami sub-forum, and some way or another I moved over here instead. :3

I know I used to visit Temple 'O Trunks before I learned of Daizex. Fun times; especially all the various things with Bubba Trunks and the doujinshi pages (For a while I lived for Dragonball Doujinshi; ate the stuff up until the sites I went to for it vanished into the ether).

I enjoy this site and the forum a lot because its unlike any other of the few remaining DB places left that I visit. (Most of my DB-ing takes place at DeviantArt) and if there's anything I can't find on Daizex, its on Kanzentai. X3 (And I thank you guys again for supplying us with the character sheets--they are amazing! :mrgreen: Goku with his hoe. )

Again I wish Mike, Meri, Julian, Jeff, and everyone else on the Podcast many good times ahead! :3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:11 am

Had no idea you guys were doing a podcast. Cheeky bastards! *waggles fist*

I'm shocked no one else sung Romantic Ageru yo 'sides me and you guys D: (Though, I'm not surprised no one sung like a constipated Norio Wakamoto with a sore throat on purpose; that was all me :3)

それでByebye!サヨナラね!

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:35 am

Tatsunoboshi Horoko wrote:(Though, I'm not surprised no one sung like a constipated Norio Wakamoto with a sore throat on purpose; that was all me :3)
That was my first thought when I heard that, kudos for a hilarious Norio Wakamoto impression.

SaiyaMel
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyaMel » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:00 am

Congrats to both!
Just Saiyan...

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:43 am

Congratulations Mike and Meri!

Seriously happy for the both of you. Wishin' you both the best!

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:53 am

My very best wishes to the recently wedded couple :D

This is kinda lame but it's the best I could find.

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:40 am

Here goes for the gazillionth time:

Congratulations Mike & Meri !

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:46 am

Seriously, guys 'n gals... we got a lot of pretty damn sweet gifts, but this rates right up there. Whoda thunk that a secret audio recording from a bunch of equally-awesome nerds online could make me weepy-eyed at my desk at nine in the morning on a Tuesday? :P

I never saw anything like this coming, which makes it even more awesome. You all continue to thank me for what I've done for the last 10+ years, but like I say time and time again, this place is absolutely nothing without you all, and I never forget that for a moment. You make this an awesome place to be, and give me a reason every day to either update the site, post a few bits here on the forum, record a podcast, or even just talk with some of you friendly folk in whatever way we converse.

Furthermore, I *love* that attempting to talk about the live-action movie gave you problems. I (of course) feel terrible about any and all technical difficulties (I had to use a backup mic at my own wedding ceremony; story of my life, guys, and I totally sympathize)... but HAHALOLROFLMAOs all around at the hilarity of it once again being about said unspeakable entity.

This is mostly for Hujio, I guess, but is it cool if I throw this up in the feed? I won't make it a regularly-numbered episode ('cuz I'm not sure that EVERY listener cares about us that much :P), but I think it would be a cool extra for those that MIGHT care but don't check out our forum or Kanzentai. If it's OK, I can either link it right off your server, or I can have godofchaos upload it to our usual space (don't want to inadvertently kill any bandwidth restrictions you may have).

Many, many, many thank yous all around. It means the world to me that so many people out there say they care.

P.S. - "Romantikku Ageru Yo" as sung in Norio Wakamoto impression wins at the internet.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:58 am

Nothing else to say except: congratulations, Mike and Meri.

--PS: the "Romantikku Ageru Yo" singers are (in order) Casual Matt, Captain Awesome, and Tatsunoboshi Horoko as Wakamoto :wink:.

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:04 am

VegettoEX wrote:This is mostly for Hujio, I guess, but is it cool if I throw this up in the feed? I won't make it a regularly-numbered episode ('cuz I'm not sure that EVERY listener cares about us that much :P), but I think it would be a cool extra for those that MIGHT care but don't check out our forum or Kanzentai. If it's OK, I can either link it right off your server, or I can have godofchaos upload it to our usual space (don't want to inadvertently kill any bandwidth restrictions you may have).
Go right ahead. Desire had lined up Julian to take care of updating the feed, but I haven't heard back from him about it. So I guess if you'd like to do it yourself, it'll make Julian's life easier. I'd just link it right off of Kanzentai unless you really want to have godofchaos put it in the usual space. We have plenty of bandwidth to go around, so I don't foresee it being a problem. :P
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:23 am

Feed should be all updated, then! At work so can't test iTunes and make sure it downloads it automatically, so lemme know if anyone runs into problems with it that way.

:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:23 am

Listening to it now, but damn that is so awesome of you guys :p I can see you guys really respect Mike, Julian, Meri and Jeff :p Really, that's just great and I can't imagine Mike and Meri not appreciating this in the extreme!

And of course, Mike, Meri, congratulations!!! You guys are AWESOME :D

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:39 am

It was really great to hear everyone's audio messages at the end. It's always interesting to actually here forum-members talk and see what they sound like.
Tatsunoboshi Horoko wrote: (Though, I'm not surprised no one sung like a constipated Norio Wakamoto with a sore throat on purpose; that was all me :3)
You know, I thought the Julian techno-remix from a few episodes back was the weirdest and greatest thing in the history of the podcast, but I think your Wakamoto impression takes the cake. And I don't see it being dethroned anytime soon.
VegettoEX wrote:Furthermore, I *love* that attempting to talk about the live-action movie gave you problems. I (of course) feel terrible about any and all technical difficulties (I had to use a backup mic at my own wedding ceremony; story of my life, guys, and I totally sympathize)... but HAHALOLROFLMAOs all around at the hilarity of it once again being about said unspeakable entity.
I think that from here on out the live-action movie should be referred to as "Hastur the Unspeakable".
I won't make it a regularly-numbered episode ('cuz I'm not sure that EVERY listener cares about us that much :P), but I think it would be a cool extra for those that MIGHT care but don't check out our forum or Kanzentai.
I vote that it be labled as "Daizenshuu EX the Podcast Gaiden". Or maybe "Daizenshuu EX the Podcast: the OVA".
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:53 am

I feel bad, I was asked to come up with an audio message but never got the opportunity to record anything. Oh well, you'll just have to hear me sing some other time.

Congrats, you two!
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!