Tree Of Might TV Version

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Tree Of Might TV Version

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:13 pm

I remeber back in 1997 I had a Suncost flyer that advertised newly released DBZ videos. One of the videos was "The Tree Of Might TV Version" with Gohan and his pet dragon on the cover.

My question is, was this ever released? and did anyone besides me ever see this?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:23 pm

It was formally announced, but I'm 99% sure it never saw the light of day. I remember the ads and listings on AOL, myself.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:28 pm

We should probably count ourselves lucky; I remember watching the edited dub of the Tree of Might on television, it was terrible. For some reason they decided to edit out Tulleces' fingers when he was holding Gohans eyes open, so he has a very disturbing looking expression.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:24 pm

Yeah, the TV versions of both Tree of might and World's Finest are ugly. They use the Shuki Levy music. I'm pretty sure Dead Zone uses the original BGM on the TV version.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:47 pm

Sun_Wukong wrote:Yeah, the TV versions of both Tree of might and World's Finest are ugly. They use the Shuki Levy music. I'm pretty sure Dead Zone uses the original BGM on the TV version.
There was never a "TV-Version" made of anything other than DBZ movie 3, which aired the first of three-parts 15 November 1997, and the second two the next week (22 November 1997). It has Shuki Levy's score.

When all three were released to home video, all three of them (including movie 3, strangely released after movie 1 and before movie 2) had the original Japanese musical score, and in the case of movie 3, an all newly-recorded/re-done voice track.

When aired on Cartoon Network years later, the home video versions (the ONLY versions) of movies 1 and 2 were used (though slightly edited for TV), and the ORIGINAL old TV-Version of movie 3 was used (Ian Corlett, Shuki Levy, etc.).
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SuperFusion
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperFusion » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:07 am

The first three movies are going to be re-edited by FUNimation as well as the first 64 episodes or so from what I read on DBZSC. Aww man... My "The World's Strongest" DVD has Gohan singing in Japanese about Piccolo... cute singing but I must hear Gohan in english for that part! O_O

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:47 pm

Kind of wierd they're re-doing the movies. I have them all, with Dead Zone and Tree of Might on dvd, and World's Strongest on video (I got it in 1999 and I'm currently too cheap to go and get the dvd).

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:50 pm

I'd like to point out that ICv2 is not exactly the most reputable site in the world (they got all the numbers wrong, in this case, for example), so I wouldn't trust anything they say about the first three movies just yet. It makese sense, and all, but trust some more authoritative sources.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:05 pm

VegettoEX wrote:It was formally announced, but I'm 99% sure it never saw the light of day. I remember the ads and listings on AOL, myself.
Ironically enough the french version DID. I remember seeing the VHS in the discount bins at Wallmart.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.