DragonBall: Raging Blast (PS3/360)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:48 am

Saiyavenger2941 wrote:
Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece wrote:
Saiyavenger2941 wrote: BECAUSE TAPION WAS THE SON OF BULMA AND SUPREME KAI. IT ALL MAKES SENSE. ESPECIALLY TRUNKS' OBSESSION WITH TAPION.
No John, you are the demons.
ZOMBIE GOASTS LEAVE THIS PLACE.
I've consistently asked you all to STOP making posts like this. Would you please pay attention?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:13 pm

I guess I was the cause of that. Didn't think it would balloon out of control like it did.... :?
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:48 pm

Has there been anymore press for this game? I'm assume the public has put Dragonball in the same category as Guitar Hero or Madden and at this point just stopped caring but I'd like to see some new footage or interviews. GIVE ME SOMETHING!
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Saiyavenger2941
Advanced Regular

Post by Saiyavenger2941 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:54 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:Has there been anymore press for this game? I'm assume the public has put Dragonball in the same category as Guitar Hero or Madden
I take offense to that last one! (Seriously. Madden 10 is looking better and better every time I see it. Just have to wait til December for it, though... But my Saints will reign supreme!)

But, on topic before I get yelled at again, I haven't seen much of anything recently, which I don't really mind honestly. In my naive little mind, it tells me that they're too busy on the game (And my beloved Tekken 6) to release anything.
[color=#30966E][b]PROUDLY Straight-Edge. Arrogant. Gohan and Videl obsessed. BE JEALOUS![/b][/color]
---
[url=http://bit.ly/F3l7t]DA[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/2FC03o]FFNet[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pE5Xs]Youtube[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/lCOED]Facebook[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/rWFtp]Livejournal[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/zrd4v]Twitter[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pYRHD]Flickr[/url]|PSN: Saiyavenger

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:41 pm

I take offense to that as well, but for the opposite reason.

DBX should NEVER be placed with a sports game, especially Madden.

Its football....Last year it was football....this year, football....next year football. HOW much more creatie can they get?

yeah both are put out atleast once a year but they can do so much more with DBZ than a football game.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:07 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:I take offense to that as well, but for the opposite reason.

Its football....Last year it was football....this year, football....next year football. HOW much more creatie can they get?

yeah both are put out atleast once a year but they can do so much more with DBZ than a football game.
But they do very little, which is why the public treats it like its nothing. I wish Bandi would give us more. I mean when Burst Limit was coming out Gamespot(yuk) had some of the developers come on and demonstrate the gameplay.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:08 pm

Next week they should have a DEVELOPER play the game for us, not some random guy thats gonna wander around and throw a punch here and there.

And dont they DARE send us out another Donnie Clay that knows jack about what they are talking about.

Saiyavenger2941
Advanced Regular

Post by Saiyavenger2941 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:22 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:Next week they should have a DEVELOPER play the game for us, not some random guy thats gonna wander around and throw a punch here and there.

And dont they DARE send us out another Donnie Clay that knows jack about what they are talking about.
This is Namco. Not Atari. Things are gonna get handled the right way now.
[color=#30966E][b]PROUDLY Straight-Edge. Arrogant. Gohan and Videl obsessed. BE JEALOUS![/b][/color]
---
[url=http://bit.ly/F3l7t]DA[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/2FC03o]FFNet[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pE5Xs]Youtube[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/lCOED]Facebook[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/rWFtp]Livejournal[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/zrd4v]Twitter[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pYRHD]Flickr[/url]|PSN: Saiyavenger

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:54 pm

Lets hope so. A bit more info wouldnt hurt.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:51 pm

LeprikanGT wrote: Its football....Last year it was football....this year, football....next year football. HOW much more creative can they get?
....umm....I'm pretty sure the same can be said with Dragon Ball games....It's not like there's been a new story to tell every year. And the Tenkaichi games are all about as similar as the Madden installments are.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:59 pm

We have the new movie. If they wanted; they could add that in the game as well.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:05 am

LeprikanGT wrote:We have the new movie. If they wanted; they could add that in the game as well.
The Shoenen Jump Special? yes

Evolution? DEAR GOD, NO!

Onikage725
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Onikage725 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:09 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:Has there been anymore press for this game? I'm assume the public has put Dragonball in the same category as Guitar Hero or Madden and at this point just stopped caring but I'd like to see some new footage or interviews. GIVE ME SOMETHING!
Out of curiosity, I did a little research. Guitar Hero: World Tour, across all platforms, has sold 7.79 million copies according to vgchartz.com. I'm not sure if they track domestic or global sales. Madden 09, across platforms, has 7.26 million. So, while the general hardcore gaming forum may seem sour on these "played out" series', as far as the "public" is concerned they still sell very well.
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:13 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:Evolution? DEAR GOD, NO!
Hey, I wouldn't mind seeing some alternate outfits or something. Goku wearing the DBE version of the Kame Gi? HELL YA!
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:30 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:Evolution? DEAR GOD, NO!
Hey, I wouldn't mind seeing some alternate outfits or something. Goku wearing the DBE version of the Kame Gi? HELL YA!
That would be pretty neat. Which is why I drew it hehehe

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:01 pm

I wasn't going to get this game at first.
Now I'm not so sure.
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:23 pm

There is actually a new Madden game every year. That's not including the other Football gaming franchises. And if you add that to the other sports franchises produced by the same companies, that's a lot of games. With Dragon Ball there are two main franchises at this point and then a bunch of random stuff. Not nearly as many as sports games. On top of that, each installment of games for Dragon Ball adds new content and shifts the gameplay around a little bit. With sports games the only things that change are the players and stats, basically.

Neither method is good or healthy for the gaming world, but comparatively Dragon Ball is much less of a cash cow than these sports games. I'd be more interested in seeing the volume of Dragon Ball games compared to Naruto games.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:46 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:

There is actually a new Madden game every year. That's not including the other Football gaming franchises. And if you add that to the other sports franchises produced by the same companies, that's a lot of games. With Dragon Ball there are two main franchises at this point and then a bunch of random stuff. Not nearly as many as sports games. On top of that, each installment of games for Dragon Ball adds new content and shifts the gameplay around a little bit. With sports games the only things that change are the players and stats, basically.

Neither method is good or healthy for the gaming world, but comparatively Dragon Ball is much less of a cash cow than these sports games. I'd be more interested in seeing the volume of Dragon Ball games compared to Naruto games.
Starting with budokai 1(which is when I started my collection) there are a total of 9 console games(Raging Blast being number 10). This doesn't count PSP, DS and etc. With Naruto,I really don't want to count, but aren't there like two separate series? I think one series for Nintendo and one for Sony, plus that one game thats on the 360.

Onikage725
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Onikage725 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:10 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:Starting with budokai 1(which is when I started my collection) there are a total of 9 console games(Raging Blast being number 10). This doesn't count PSP, DS and etc. With Naruto,I really don't want to count, but aren't there like two separate series? I think one series for Nintendo and one for Sony, plus that one game thats on the 360.
Nintendo has the Clash of Ninja series. I never followed it, so I don't know how many there are. They span the Gamecube and Wii. The main portable series is the Ninja Council series for GBA/DS. There's also a couple of RPGs and a fighter I think. Over on Sony's side they have the Ultimate Ninja series, which has a half a dozen or more games, as well as two psuedo-port-but-not-really games on PSP. There's also the Uzumaki Chronicles games. Xbox has two adventure/platformer/fighter/simulation-ish (does many things kind of ok in an effort to immerse in the source material) games- Rise of a Ninja and The Broken Bond. There's also some stand alone games, and of course both Naruto and Dragon Ball crossed over with Battle Stadium D.O.N. and Jump Super Stars/Ultimate Stars.
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:16 pm

Onikage725 wrote:
Nintendo has the Clash of Ninja series. I never followed it, so I don't know how many there are. They span the Gamecube and Wii. The main portable series is the Ninja Council series for GBA/DS. There's also a couple of RPGs and a fighter I think. Over on Sony's side they have the Ultimate Ninja series, which has a half a dozen or more games, as well as two psuedo-port-but-not-really games on PSP. There's also the Uzumaki Chronicles games. Xbox has two adventure/platformer/fighter/simulation-ish (does many things kind of ok in an effort to immerse in the source material) games- Rise of a Ninja and The Broken Bond. There's also some stand alone games, and of course both Naruto and Dragon Ball crossed over with Battle Stadium D.O.N. and Jump Super Stars/Ultimate Stars.
Ouch, this gives me a headache. Suddenly Dragonball isn't as big of a cash-in as I thought.

Seriously though, Any new news on this game yet?

Common Innagadadavida, your videos before this game was announced were amazing I was hopping you would be on top of this game like mad crazy. :P