Cha-La Head Cha-La meaning?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Cha-La Head Cha-La meaning?

Post by funrush » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:12 pm

A few days ago, I was wondering about some translations for Head Cha La, and what it'd be like if that translation was on TV. One thing that I thought might not be translatable was the words "Cha-La, Head Cha-La", so, is there any meaning for those words? What do they mean?

Gonstead
I Live Here

Re: Cha-La Head Cha-La meaning?

Post by Gonstead » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:23 pm

Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:48 pm

I think he want's to know what does Cha-La Head Cha-La means, noot the lyrics of the song.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:02 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:I think he want's to know what does Cha-La Head Cha-La means, noot the lyrics of the song.
Translator’s Note:

“Head-Cha-La” is actually a rough English-ization of the Japanese slang word “hetchara,” whose meaning is roughly “it’s no problem” or “I can handle it.” I have chosen not to change it in my translation, because it is the title of the song, and its most recognizable line.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:47 am

Oh, wow. I never knew that.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:07 pm

I always assumed it was just nonsense, something catchy added for kids.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

K.O. Ken

Post by K.O. Ken » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:03 pm

Wow, I never knew that. :lol:

Cool.
"But it's pronounced Kaioken!"
"That's the joke."

http://www.youtube.com/user/ultramancronos/