TFS Contest: The LittleBig DBZ Abridged Level

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

TFS Contest: The LittleBig DBZ Abridged Level

Post by Drabaz » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:07 pm

I’m really creative with these titles, aren’t I? :P

As soon as I heard TeamFourStar was holding a fan art contest, I said to myself, “I can’t draw nearly as well as everybody else can.” But when they said they would accept any type of medium, I immediately thought of making a game level in LittleBigPlanet dedicated to Dragonball Z Abridged. And that’s exactly what I did! This time around it only took me about 2 weeks to complete creating the level. Unlike my previous level that took me about 2 years! I guess I work harder when there’s motivation and a deadline. But that’s not to say that I rushed this project. My LBP skills have gotten better in the 4 years I’ve had the game (Yup, it came out in 2008) as you can see in these pictures…

I already submitted this entry to TeamFourStar, but I wanted to share it with all of you here on DaizenshuuEX. So without further adieu, here is my LBP level based on TeamFourStars Dragonball Z Abridged Series. This level summarizes just a few of the many hilarious scenes from Season One.

The LittleBig DBZ Abridged Level

You can search it by...
My Username: Drabaz
Or keywords in the title such as: DBZ Abridged
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Re: TFS Contest: The LittleBig DBZ Abridged Level

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:32 pm

Wow, it looks really good! It's clear that you put a good deal of effort and passion into this! I really need to play LittleBigPlanet sometime; it always continues to amaze me how much technology can do these days. :)
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:33 pm

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is this level only accessible with the PS3 version of the first game or the second one, or would the PSP version of LittleBigPlanet be able to download and play it too?

I have no PS3, but recently got a PSP with that version of the game, and I've wanted to poke around the downloadable levels out there. This'd be a great place to start if its available.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:12 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:Wow, it looks really good! It's clear that you put a good deal of effort and passion into this! I really need to play LittleBigPlanet sometime; it always continues to amaze me how much technology can do these days. :)
Thanks a lot! I really enjoyed making this level.
Gyt Kaliba wrote:Is this level only accessible with the PS3 version of the first game or the second one, or would the PSP version of LittleBigPlanet be able to download and play it too?
To be honest with you, I don't know. I doubt it though :(. All I know for a fact is that you can play it on both LBP 1 & 2. But if you decide to see if you can play it on the PSP please let me know. That's something I'm interested in knowing too.
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:06 pm

That is just incredible. It surpassed what I thought was possible with LBP (Not that I know much about that game, but I was impressed regardless!).

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:55 am

That was... nothing short of amazing. That's definitely going to place, I'll tell you freakin' what! o.o

I'm in love with this thing. XD
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Kiddo626
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kiddo626 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:15 am

This is beautiful! How much time did you put into this level? It's amazing!

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:37 am

That was really good! Makes me want to dust off my littlebigplanet game now.

Hades
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hades » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:53 am

It's times like this that make me ashamed that I don't have a PS3 :( (But my Xbox360 does it's job...)

But in the words of Super Kami Guru: Gather the dragonballs and wish me a PS3. :p
TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:
Scarz wrote:Like using a flamethrower to kill an ant.
Hey, a lv.100 Charizard vs a wild lv.4 Caterpie. It happens.

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PuppetDoctor » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:49 am

What an amazing job and it only took you two weeks! I really loved the space part with Vegeta and Nappa.

allfornot2

Post by allfornot2 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:40 pm

That was seriously awesome man. Awesome job.

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:05 pm

Thank you all!
batistabus wrote: That is just incredible. It surpassed what I thought was possible with LBP (Not that I know much about that game, but I was impressed regardless!).
Thank you! Somebody on a LBP forum checked out my level for me and he said that everything I did would have been so much easier to do in LBP2. That astonishes me and makes me wonder just how much more I could do with LBP2.
KaiserNeko wrote:That was... nothing short of amazing. That's definitely going to place, I'll tell you freakin' what! o.o

I'm in love with this thing. XD
:D
Kiddo626 wrote:This is beautiful! How much time did you put into this level? It's amazing!
Hmm…let me think about that. I would come home from work around 6pm and start working on it until about 3am. So I think I worked on it for about 8 hours a day, give or take an hour or two, not including weekends. So in 2 weeks that’s at least 80+ hours not including weekends! Holy crap that can’t be right! I probably didn’t work on it every day in those 2 weeks. And a few of those days near the end were just a couple hours of touch ups. So I guess more realistically it would be 50+ hours. That seems like a long time, but for me the time just flew by like it was nothing!
My Dragon Ball AMV's:

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:25 pm

That was just amazing, Truly amazing. Instant Fave and Like +1
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

VeggieXD
Beyond Newbie

Post by VeggieXD » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:37 pm

I just played it today and it's awesome! Amazing work on this level.
DragonFlick Z 2.0 in the works.. if you are a Dragonball Youtuber, feel free to get in touch.

verto
Beyond Newbie

Post by verto » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:14 pm

Would anyone mind posting a video of the level? I don't have the game but I'm really interested in seeing it.
Proud to be a S<3NE.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:05 pm

verto wrote:Would anyone mind posting a video of the level? I don't have the game but I'm really interested in seeing it.
Uh...the link towards the end of the opening post? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8geWtIVtw4
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

verto
Beyond Newbie

Post by verto » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:34 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
verto wrote:Would anyone mind posting a video of the level? I don't have the game but I'm really interested in seeing it.
Uh...the link towards the end of the opening post? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8geWtIVtw4
Oh wow... I'm blind...
Proud to be a S<3NE.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:45 pm

Sorry for the no reply after the question, but I kept forgetting to bring over my PSP.

So...I'm getting it set up for internet now, since I never have yet. Getting my PlayStation Network account all set up, trying to take the game online...and apparently I have to do an update on the game itself first. Which with my net speed is taking a little under 30 minutes.

With any luck though, I'll be able to tell you if the level even shows up for me as an option with this version of the game, before the end of the day though, even if I don't get to download it yet if it does. I'm kind of thinking it won't too (a friend told me the PS3 version gives you 3 layers to work with and the PSP only has 2), but I'm still trying on the off chance it does.

Edit

Well, I finally got all of that update crap out of the way, and did a search for your username 'Drabaz' - nothing. Did another search for 'DBZ' - there's some levels, at least two of which are three-star rated so I might check them out, but not a single one is yours. So as suspected, the PS3 version must have it's own server for download levels that my PSP copy can't get at.

Ah well, I'll have to content myself with watching the vid you posted (was avoiding it until I could figure this out) and dreaming of when I'll get a PS3. :lol:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:23 am

Edit: Yesterday I booted up PS3 and decided to give the game a go, the idea's cool but the trailer/video looked way cooler and better than the actual map.

Kind of disappointed was expecting more out of it.

Thanks a lot for making this level, though! :)
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray