The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Rocketman » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:31 am

Piccolo Daimao wrote:could this suggest that Kaioushin could actually be strong enough to be a threat for Boo that he'd need to absorb him?

Or am I, like many others, over-analyzing this quote, it's not as if anyone completely understands Boo's unpredictable mind but him and he was just basically trying to say that Kaioushin wouldn't do shit against Boo and, if worst comes to worst, could even get absorbed by him for whatever reason (maybe Boo would just do it for the hell of it).
There is the possibility that Kibitokai is strong enough to fight Buu, but Elder Kai is keeping him as the reserve in case things go horribly wrong from Goku and Gohan.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:56 pm

In Brightest Day wrote:Yamcha vs. Chaozu and Yajirobe in the Saiyan arc.
Yajirobe didn't take the training seriously, therefore he's much weaker than Yamcha and Chaozu. So it comes down to whether or not Chaozu can paralyze Yamcha. Since I think that Yamcha, being much stronger than him, is fast enough to dodge Chaozu's attempted paralysis attempts, he'd quickly defeat Chaozu.
Rocketman wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:could this suggest that Kaioushin could actually be strong enough to be a threat for Boo that he'd need to absorb him?

Or am I, like many others, over-analyzing this quote, it's not as if anyone completely understands Boo's unpredictable mind but him and he was just basically trying to say that Kaioushin wouldn't do shit against Boo and, if worst comes to worst, could even get absorbed by him for whatever reason (maybe Boo would just do it for the hell of it).
There is the possibility that Kibitokai is strong enough to fight Buu, but Elder Kai is keeping him as the reserve in case things go horribly wrong from Goku and Gohan.
That's an interesting theory. But then, wouldn't the old Kaioushin have suggested that Kibitoshin would fight Kid Boo, who was now even weaker than Gotenks-Boo? Or not, since Gokuu and Vegeta were pretty confident that they wanted to do it themselves?
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:45 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:Kibitoshin vs. Super Saiyan 3 Son Gokuu (alive).
Goku is way, way to strong. Kibitoshin may be around Ssj2 level at best. He was super excited about his power and felt he could actually do something now, but neither him now Kibito were even Ssj level. No way their fusion propels them to such strength.
In Brightest Day wrote:Yamcha vs. Chaozu and Yajirobe in the Saiyan arc.
Yamcha would lose like he always does. Tough I believe he does have a good chance to win, two against one is too much for him I think, plus Yajirobe has his sword and Chaotzu his telekinesis.

Silkman3003
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Silkman3003 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:32 pm

Lssj Broly(Movie 8 ) vs Full Power Perfect Cell vs Final Form Bojack.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:29 pm

All three are practically equals in power as far as I'm concerned. But in a free-for-all melee, Cell eventually wins due to having the best brains and array of techniques. His regeneration would be a bitch for either of the other two to deal with, too.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Mystic Gohan
Regular

Post by Mystic Gohan » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:24 pm

Bojack stomps, he took a punch straight to his stomach from a BL gohan much better than cell did and much better than broly would.

Hades
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hades » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:49 am

Bojack and his gang vs the Kaioshins
TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:
Scarz wrote:Like using a flamethrower to kill an ant.
Hey, a lv.100 Charizard vs a wild lv.4 Caterpie. It happens.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:32 am

Well, if you assume that the South and Dai Kaioshins were strong enough to fight Kid Buu (implied by Buu absorbing instead of killing them, and also by "South Kaioshin Buu's" noticeably increased strength over regular Super Buu), Bojack's gang is absolutely screwed.

Bojack at least should be able to take out the East Kaioshin, though. Maybe North or West also, depending on just how much stronger they are than the East (and exactly how strong the East is to begin with; presumably he would've been even weaker while the others were alive than he is now.) But if South and Dai Kaioshin are anywhere near Kid Buu (or any Buu, really), there's no way Bojack and his gang have even the tiniest chance against them.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:33 am

Hades wrote:Bojack and his gang vs the Kaioshins
They have South Kaioshin with them, whou could stand against Pure Boo, so I suppose the Bojack Gang gets beaten eventualy.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Silkman3003
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Silkman3003 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:14 pm

Trunks(End of Cell saga) vs Supreme Kai.

Who gets stomped?

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:20 pm

Supreme Kai gets stomped. Trunks is to powerful. I think Kaioshin is maybe around Imperfect Cell-Super Vegeta level, and even with some of his special techniques, Trunks Ssj form is to strong for Kaioshin to handle.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:32 pm

I don't have any real direct comparison between them, but I think they'd be close in power. But Kaioshin is a wuss, and Trunks isn't. Even if Kaioshin can use his paralysis trick on him or something, I doubt whether he'd even be able to attack at the same time, so all he might be able to do with it is stall.

Trunks wins one way or another.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Mystic Gohan
Regular

Post by Mystic Gohan » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:58 pm

I got kaioshin rivaling the nameless namek, so trunks gets to stomp on someone besides androids.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:37 pm

I've got Kaioshin higher than Piccolo and even with base Goku... so I really need to work on my power levels. :lol:

Ignoring that, I'd say Super Saiyan Full Power Trunks would be more than enough for Kaioshin.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:52 pm

Since I believe Kaioshin is the more powerful one here, I don't see Trunks winning. I could actually see Kaioshin's kiai being enough to take Trunks out.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

FNF
Temporarily Banned

Post by FNF » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:36 pm

Trunks is already at least rivaling c18 in his regular form. Kaioshin, who claimed he could only pin down Babidi of all people [when he was most confident], would get decimated by SSjin Trunks.
Voltaire: "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."

Other username on forums;
'Cocoman'

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:50 pm

FNF wrote:Trunks is already at least rivaling c18 in his regular form.
This is Cell Games Trunks, not Chibi Trunks. Cell Games Trunks had to go SSjin just to fight Future No. 17 and 18.
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

FNF
Temporarily Banned

Post by FNF » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:03 pm

CatouttaHell wrote:
FNF wrote:Trunks is already at least rivaling c18 in his regular form.
This is Cell Games Trunks, not Chibi Trunks. Cell Games Trunks had to go SSjin just to fight Future No. 17 and 18.
Goofed.

I still think Trunks has the edge by a county mile. He's still stronger than 50% Goku who should be significantly stronger than Kaioshin.
Voltaire: "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."

Other username on forums;
'Cocoman'

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:12 pm

FNF wrote:Goofed.

I still think Trunks has the edge by a county mile. He's still stronger than 50% Goku who should be significantly stronger than Kaioshin.
Agreed. Kaioshin should be below Pui-Pui, who is fodder to even Base Teen Gohan IMO.

Kaioshin vs. Base Cell Games Trunks would be a better match.
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:23 pm

You think that during the Cell Games, Trunks should be able to defeat Piccolo without transforming in Super Saiyan?