DragonBall Z Kai TV Network Version (CW4Kids\Toonzai\Vortex)

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Re: DragonBall Z Kai - TV Network Version (CW4Kids\Toonzai)

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:45 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I really hope Saban will buy the Second Season of DBZKai.
By "second season" you probably mean Trunks & Android arcs, but going specifically by such it'd be like this:

Season:
One - Saiyan arc
Two - Namek arc
Three - Friеza arc
Four - Trunks & Android arcs
Five - Cell arc

[SP] @ Shame 4Kids DBZ Kai website is broken so there's videos that don't load or don't load properly (no audio).
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

[SP]
Not-So-Newbie

Post by [SP] » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:33 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
By "second season" you probably mean Trunks & Android arcs, but going specifically by such it'd be like this:

Season:
One - Saiyan arc
Two - Namek arc
Three - Friеza arc
Five - Cell arc

[SP] @ Shame 4Kids DBZ Kai website is broken so there's videos that don't load or don't load properly (no audio).
have you tried this?

It also has the some of Season 2 episodes (like 7 of them in full episodes, including the final episode "Duel on a vanishing Planet") as well as like 1 Season 1 episode, considering some of the season 1 are broken like you said,
the other page you are talking about that is broken is the DBZK homepage, I am linking the full episodes page that works.
Enjoy!

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:58 pm

I'm watching the 52nd episode and....Its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

Sure the Light Balls and death avoidance are annoying, but its not as cut as to be completely unenjoyable.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:54 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:

Season:
One - Saiyan arc
Two - Namek arc
Three - Friеza arc
Five - Cell arc

Actually, they're going in 26 ep chunks.
S1 = 1-26
S2 = 27-52
S3 = 53-78
S4 = 79-END

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:37 am

Code: Select all

S1 = 01-26
S2 = 27-52
S3 = 53-78
S4 = 79-98
This is basically FUNimation's DBZ Kai Seasons sets style, so what Saban (or 4Kids) should now be aiming for would be "Season Three" by FUNimation's type of "season".

[SP] @ I've tried that, still, not all episodes load, hell, there's plenty missing from Saiyan to Friеza's Kai arcs on the website.

Episode 01:

Code: Select all

200, Stream not found, NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound, clip: '[Clip] 'mp4:4kids/flash/releases3/511/71/DBZK101_SD_768Kbps.mp4''
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Goten

Post by Goten » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:01 pm

BLUE POPO!!!!!!!! XD They always stop right before the episode of Freeza getting cut in half. Too bad Nick Toons doesn't show reruns. Now they are airing GT. I hope they do show reruns lol. I hope they also show the first anime and Z.
KAKORRRRATTTTT!!!...

PSN- FutureDude101
Youtube- TheMrRandomDude1
Gmail- EverythingMan101@gmail.com

Vegeta1056
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegeta1056 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:19 pm

Goten wrote:BLUE POPO!!!!!!!! XD They always stop right before the episode of Freeza getting cut in half. Too bad Nick Toons doesn't show reruns. Now they are airing GT. I hope they do show reruns lol. I hope they also show the first anime and Z.
Nicktoons airs DBZKai on Sundays after GT from what I've seen. Shame they don't run it more often than that.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:56 pm

I hope DBZKai will get a ratings boost when it airs on The Vortexx!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:48 am

I got episodes 35 and 36 thanks to Takarajima. They're still broadcasting the temporary replacement score version, which contains the scores from DBZ movies 1, 2, 3, 4, and 12.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klIYiKjARa8

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:36 pm

Well with Viacom and DirecTv throwing poo at each other, Toonzai is the only way for me to watch Kai on TV.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:25 pm

Honestly, I like the Toonzai Score better than the Yamamoto one.

gmster
Beyond Newbie

Post by gmster » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:04 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Honestly, I like the Toonzai Score better than the Yamamoto one.
So you like the same 4-5 tracks played over and over again in unfitting places?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:30 pm

gmster wrote:So you like the same 4-5 tracks played over and over again in unfitting places?
Again, total revisionist history going on here. We were all saying the same thing about the Yamamoto score when Kai was first being broadcast.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:20 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
gmster wrote:So you like the same 4-5 tracks played over and over again in unfitting places?
Again, total revisionist history going on here. We were all saying the same thing about the Yamamoto score when Kai was first being broadcast.
Were we? That's not sarcasm, that's an honest question. As I recall, we (myself included) were complaining about how few tracks there were, and their repetitive nature...but I never thought the Yamamoto score had a single piece that played in an unfitting place. The quality of the Yamamoto score was never an issue for me, nor was the placement. My issue was always how there were very few tracks and how they were used all the time. Poor placement is my main issue with the Kikuchi-Kai mix. Like the Yamamoto score, the music is good, but there are only a few tracks, and they're used all the time...and, now we also have the added issue of them being used in scenes where they don't fit the mood.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:03 pm

gmster wrote:
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Honestly, I like the Toonzai Score better than the Yamamoto one.
So you like the same 4-5 tracks played over and over again in unfitting places?
To tell the truth. yes.

Its because I just cant watch DBZ without the Kikuchi Score,as unfitting as it is in Kai.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:59 am

In episode 40, few Yamamoto pieces are still mistakenly left untouched.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3YoVTmH1Kw

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:53 am

Well well well, guess who's music is playing in this little game?

http://www.4kids.tv/games/play/dragon-ball-z-difference

Also is it me or does the audio seem... better compared to what's floating around on the net?
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:18 am

I changed my mind. I CAN watch and enjoy Kai with the Yamamoto score!

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:10 pm

Gonstead wrote:Well well well, guess who's music is playing in this little game?

Also is it me or does the audio seem... better compared to what's floating around on the net?
IIRC, that was released before the scandal.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:40 pm

funrush wrote:
Gonstead wrote:Well well well, guess who's music is playing in this little game?

IIRC, that was released before the scandal.
It's still a Yamamoto piece though and it's still being used in a Dragon Ball product when it shouldn't.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)