What if Dabura's spit didn't miss Fat boo?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

What if Dabura's spit didn't miss Fat boo?

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:27 am

Ever wondered what the outcome would be if Dabura managed to land his spit on Boo? You think that he would turn to stone and break, unable to regenerate?

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Re: What if Dabura's spit didn't miss Fat boo?

Post by Saiga » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:39 am

Few options:

1) It stones him.

2) Boo rips a piece of himself off and regenerates.

3) He magics it away.

4) It doesn't work because he's too strong.

I'm going to assume 2 though.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:35 am

If Evil Buu's candy ray can work on Fat Buu then anything is possible. I guess they will keep Dabra alive in order for Buu to stay as stone. Of course that means Piccolo and Kuririn be stone forever as well.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:51 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:If Evil Buu's candy ray can work on Fat Buu then anything is possible. I guess they will keep Dabra alive in order for Buu to stay as stone. Of course that means Piccolo and Kuririn be stone forever as well.
However, Buu's ray seems to affect the entire body simultaneously, whereas Dabura's spit works on the area of contact first and spreads out. Since Buu has the ability to revert beings back to normal after he's changed them into candy (i.e. Vegetto), it's likely Buu could have reversed the effects on himself if it didn't affect him all at once.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:35 am

If Dabura had managed to turn Majin Buu to stone, in turn defeating him, I assume he would have probably gone beserk and killed Bibidi for betraying him. Being 'king of the demons' and at that point a fairly unsavoury character it would remain to be seen what he would do to the Earth or the other Z fighters. He proved himself to be equally as strong if not stronger than Gohan at Super Saiyan 2 but fighting Vegeta after his Super Saiyan 2 power up may have proved too much.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:55 am

Darbra was completely under Babidi control, he would never betray him. Even when he attacked Majin Boo before he died was because he cared about Babidi's safety.

Gokuden
Regular

Post by Gokuden » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:36 pm

If Piccolo was able to come back, the most logical conclusion would be to say that Buu is certainly able to come back.
Also, if Vegeta came back, he would have certainly dismantled the curse on the Z fighters and Buu by defeating Dabura.
Either way, Buu would still come back.

Gohan had a weak SSJ2, Vegeta was laughing at it during the tournament.
That time your teacher asked you to draw Cell in biology class.
This man is my hero:
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about the fans a re-issue might alienate because if all they're concerned about is being able to scalp the people who were either unaware of the Dragon Boxes or couldn't afford them at the time, they're just leeches and deserve to have their greed backfire on them.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:17 am

Makes sense, if Boo's statue was shattered in pieces, he could still regenerate after Darbra's death, like Piccolo.

Edward Newgate

Post by Edward Newgate » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:42 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:If Evil Buu's candy ray can work on Fat Buu then anything is possible. I guess they will keep Dabra alive in order for Buu to stay as stone. Of course that means Piccolo and Kuririn be stone forever as well.
Wouldn't Shenron be able to return them to normal? Unless it's beyond his powers to do so.
Blade wrote:If Dabura had managed to turn Majin Buu to stone, in turn defeating him, I assume he would have probably gone beserk and killed Bibidi for betraying him. Being 'king of the demons' and at that point a fairly unsavoury character it would remain to be seen what he would do to the Earth or the other Z fighters. He proved himself to be equally as strong if not stronger than Gohan at Super Saiyan 2 but fighting Vegeta after his Super Saiyan 2 power up may have proved too much.
Babidi could just snap his fingers and kill Dabura.