Episode #0325 (24 February 2013)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0325 (24 February 2013)

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:08 pm

Episode #0325 (download MP3) (rss feed) (subscribe in iTunes) (YouTube version)
79:18; 96 kbps, mono; 54.6 MB

Episode #0325! VegettoEX and Hujio check in on "Battle of Gods" now that we are one month out from its debut in Japan. What have we learned about "Birusu" from the latest tidbits in magazines and video games? Where do we think the deeper plot elements are heading? What are our updated expectations for the movie? What questions do you all have that we can clarify based on what (little!) we know? Our collective excitement is maximum! Referenced sites:
Enjoy!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Re: Episode #0325 (24 February 2013)

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:54 pm

Haven't listened to the podcast yet, but is there any particular reason on why you guys aren't reporting on the Original Broadcast Box Set or the recently revealed cover art for the 3-in-1s?

It's no biggie, I'm just wondering.

EDIT: Just got up to the part where you guys talk about Uisu. I don't think you guys have to worry about him being just an attendant. Again, I hate to keep bringing this up but...
If he was just an attendant, I'd expect him to be popped off to the side; but he's smack, bang down the center.

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:05 am

Past half-way into the podcast. I must say that it's funny how you're/we're speculating on what's going to happen in Battle of Gods based on the song titles from the soundtrack for the movie. The people creating the movie and merchandise for this movie must be loving keeping the best kept secrets from us.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:*Image snip*

If he was just an attendant, I'd expect him to be popped off to the side; but he's smack, bang down the center.
That's a good point. I think Mike's and Heath's theory on who Uisu is is very plausible. I kind of don't expect that to happen in the movie, but that would be an awesome plot twist if it did happen.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:24 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Haven't listened to the podcast yet, but is there any particular reason on why you guys aren't reporting on the Original Broadcast Box Set or the recently revealed cover art for the 3-in-1s?
I asked Mike about why he wasn't reporting on the Ocean dub box set as well. He said to just wait. That usually means he's either waiting for a confirmation on some detail. Or he's working on something and doesn't have everything he needs yet.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:29 am

This was such a fun episode to listen to; I'm enjoying all the BOG news updates. X3

No mention of Goku's light-blue tracksuit?

The story of how Kaio-sama's planet came to be so small is amazing. X3 I know I said so elsewhere, but it's still...it's so Toriyama, I really like it.
I also like all the fun and silly stuff I've seen so far from this movie. As a fairly long-time fan I do feel like part of the audience for this film the way I did the Jump 08 special and I'm enjoying it. X3

Agreeing with Pilaf defeats Birusu at bingo and that's how they get turned into kids.

Also, cheerfully ooc WCF Vegeta tie-in toy (I realize I'm like the only one who still wants the answer to this XD ) I still don't have context for him and we're only a month--at most--away. @_@

I feel like ssjg will be a new transformation if only for merchandising. Goku is my favorite so depending on what the new form looks like I would consider buying a toy of it. >_>

I also want Uisu to be a makaioshin; or at least have some ulterior motive.

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:44 am

As for Ozaru, it's already sort of been confirmed in a freeze frame that it's Ozaru smashing up Pilaf's castle, so it's probably a flashback :)

radrappy
Beyond Newbie

Post by radrappy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:55 pm

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote: EDIT: Just got up to the part where you guys talk about Uisu. I don't think you guys have to worry about him being just an attendant. Again, I hate to keep bringing this up but...
Just listened to the podcast and came in just to say exactly this. The composition of the poster suggests EXTREME importance on Uisu, to the point where I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be the primary antagonist. Not only that but he's swathed in divine light. Yeah, no way he's just an attendant. Plus his design is a little too. . .ornate to be ancillary.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:13 pm

I guess the new (unedited version) trailer came out just two days after recording..... :evil: :lol: I wonder if any of your opinions or predictions could change next week.

geektacular

Post by geektacular » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:51 am

worldmonsters wrote:As for Ozaru, it's already sort of been confirmed in a freeze frame that it's Ozaru smashing up Pilaf's castle, so it's probably a flashback :)
The Ozaru is a lie! (And yeah, I agree...I think they're just toying with us, ha...)

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:56 pm

I'll be pretty disappointed if the "Super Saiyan God" turns out to be more of just a title than an actual form. All this news on Battle of Gods is so exciting.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:00 pm

Here's where I'm at with Birusu, and Vegeta maybe knowing of someone like him:

Freeza in his 100% power final form said he was going to for realz destroy Namek with a ki ball...but it doesn't work out exactly how he planned. But he's supposed to have easily destroyed Planet Vegeta in his first form, confortably sitting in his hover chair.
In the anime, Kaio told Goku about a god that destroyed Planet Vegeta because he was sick of the Saiyans (and not at all pissed from losing in a racing game). What if Freeza thought he was easily exploding the planet, but someone else just happened to show up on the other side and randomly did it himself? Legend of a "god of destruction" somehow gets passed along.

Except I don't think the timing of those events for them to go about it like that could actually fit at all.....Oh, well :P

Here's one: Gohan is a Saiyan with a power-up from a god. He somehow powers up even further than his "ultimate" power and becomes a Super Saiyan God. Done lol