"DBZ: Battle of Z" (360/PS3/Vita) On-Going Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Re: "DBZ: Battle of Z" (360/PS3/Vita) On-Going Discussion Th

Post by Quebaz » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:58 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
Shnuki wrote:I don't consider Gohan from the Cell Games to be a teen, though. He's 9 (or 10, everything's messed up with this Room of Spirit and Time), so he's still a kid to me. And besides, he doesn't sound any different in Budokai 3.
I know that he's not a "Teen". That is what he is labeled in the Game so I made I say "Teen" Gohan when talking about the Games but Kid Gohan in in universe topics. Also he does sound different in Budokai 3. He's sound more child-like and smarter
Nope, all the clips from Budokai 3 are reused from Budokai 2 (and in some cases, Budokai 1), unless you are talking about the story, in which Teen Gohan doesn not appear in Budokai 2, making Shnuki argument valid.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:24 pm

No they aren't, most of the voices re-recorded for Budokai 3. Hell there is a video about it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXQMnGYc_J8
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:10 am

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:No they aren't, most of the voices re-recorded for Budokai 3. Hell there is a video about it!
Probably new voice recording for new moves, new characters, and the story mode. But if you do, for example, character taunts with Goku or Vegeta in Budokai 3, it's sounds EXACTLY the same as their taunts in Budokai 1. Do their Dragon Rush moves, sounds the EXACT same as their Budokai 2 moves. So most of the fight sounds are the same, like Freeza's signature "KEEEY!!!".
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:35 am

Hey, all:

Probably missing some stuff in prior posts, so if so, I apologize. Catching up on the few little character reveal's in today's Weekly Shōnen Jump. Wanted to see what we know (like, actual confirmations, not just assumed from screen shots or gameplay videos) is missing from the character chart on the official website:

The Naruto!Goku is DLC, so the two spots next to him are obviously Super Vegetto and Super Saiyan Bardock. Check.

The three spots next to the Ōzaru are the other giant boss characters, which we know are the "Core" Metal Coola, Hildegarn, and Ōzaru Bardock.

We also know that Beerus and Whis are in there.

So that brings us to:

Now, Goten and Trunks are each there, and it seems likely that they'll get Super Saiyan versions of each other. OK, done. Legendary Super Saiyan Broli is in the opening animation and is almost certainly a given, so that's another one. Gohan has a spot next to him before Vegeta, so I'm assuming that's either going to be Great Saiyaman or (more likely) Ultimate Gohan.

Those are what I consider the safest bets, which leaves us with... three spots?

What am I missing? I'm not looking for more educated guesses at this point: I'm looking for confirmations that I've missed, if there are any.

(R.I.P. Playable Appule, Long Live Freeza Solder A!)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Haji
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Location: Preferably somewhere in Kansai,Chuubu or Kanto. Someday!

Post by Haji » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:35 am

I like the character select screen but, it would be simpler to say, pick Gokuu then a list of forms show up. then again that would make it seem a smaller selection. Oh thats cool Freeza Soldier A is in!

Jaruka
Regular

Post by Jaruka » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:16 pm

I have this pre-ordered for the PS3 (along with the Bardock/Vegetto DLC) but I was wondering about the Vita version, have we actually seen it yet?

Would probably get it on both, that's all.
mysticboy wrote:Raditz has the durability of 3 moons.

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:21 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:No they aren't, most of the voices re-recorded for Budokai 3. Hell there is a video about it!
I've actually never seen this before! Pretty awesome.
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:24 pm

VegettoEX wrote:What am I missing?
Gotenks. They can easily use the three spots for his base state, Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 3. (Although, I don't believe this has been confirmed at all)

Since this is all about making dream teams with all forms, this allows the Gotenks & Piccolo team.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:27 pm

Mmm, good call on Gotenks. That's three open spots right after Trunks and Goten (assuming each of them get SSJ forms), and those three Gotenks forms fit perfectly.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:31 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Now, Goten and Trunks are each there, and it seems likely that they'll get Super Saiyan versions of each other. OK, done. Legendary Super Saiyan Broli is in the opening animation and is almost certainly a given, so that's another one. Gohan has a spot next to him before Vegeta, so I'm assuming that's either going to be Great Saiyaman or (more likely) Ultimate Gohan.

Those are what I consider the safest bets, which leaves us with... three spots?

What am I missing? I'm not looking for more educated guesses at this point: I'm looking for confirmations that I've missed, if there are any.
Various early screenshots have shown Ultimate Gohan, and the achievement list shows off him and 2 of Gotenks' forms.

ImageImageImage

So I think the bottom 3 on the lst are unconfirmed, but most likely...

1. Son Gohan (Teen) – Ultimate
2. Gotenks
3. Gotenks – Super Saiyan 3
4. Coola
5. Coola – Transformed
6. Mecha Coola
7. Broli – Super Saiyan
8. Broli – Legendary Super Saiyan
9. Birus
10. Whis

11. Trunks (Kid) - Super Saiyan?
12. Son Goten (Kid) - Super Saiyan?
13. Gotenks - Super Saiyan?
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:34 pm

They surely could make the Character Screen more organised by keeping the evolved/super transformations under the base character so it wouldn't look much of a mess as it does right now (according to the released picture).

Like Raging Blast 1, but more organised.
Example:
Some minor flaws with this character list but overall it's pretty well done for a Spike game.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:39 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Various early screenshots have shown Ultimate Gohan, and the achievement list shows off him and 2 of Gotenks' forms.

ImageImageImage

So I think the bottom 3 on the lst are unconfirmed, but most likely...

1. Son Gohan (Teen) – Ultimate
2. Gotenks
3. Gotenks – Super Saiyan 3
4. Coola
5. Coola – Transformed
6. Mecha Coola
7. Broli – Super Saiyan
8. Broli – Legendary Super Saiyan
9. Birus
10. Whis

11. Trunks (Kid) - Super Saiyan?
12. Son Goten (Kid) - Super Saiyan?
13. Gotenks - Super Saiyan?
That sounds about right. Wouldn't expect his base form and Super Saiyan 3 and not his Super Saiyan one.

It's weird seeing the roster pretty much fully figured out, this early. The only surprise that they could throw at me (to mildly excite me) would be a Kaioshin outfit for Gohan, but I'm not gonna hold my breath at all. Or just Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks and use the other two for Kaioshin and Kibito/Tarble and Avocado, but that'd be totally random.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:50 pm

There's definitely plenty of room to expand the roster in upcoming theoretical sequels. Lots of basics here, plus the DLC (except Super Vegetto, who is... well... basic and DLC for some reason) and Battle of Gods dudes to add some new-age variety.

In terms of a "new" game (as in not a direct sequel to a prior game in a series), this seems about right for when we're figuring out the full roster prior to launch. We're only two months out at this point. They still have some reveals to go, but since they just dumped Coola/Broli on us this week, yeah, that pretty much leaves the kids if we're right about everything... and that's not particularly exciting for the final two months, but they also don't really need the biggest excitement in those final two months. It's done its own work by then.

If that makes any sense.

Thanks for the follow-ups, folks!

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:49 pm

Not a bad roster for a first time DBZ only game. Dadoria and Zarbon seem to be the only two characters missing. It's a shame, but again not bad overall.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Thanos

Post by Thanos » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:57 pm

Freeza Soldier but no Dodoria/Zarbon. Huh. I also would've liked to have seen Cyborg Freeza, as well. :eh:
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:28 pm

Thanos wrote:Freeza Soldier but no Dodoria/Zarbon. Huh. I also would've liked to have seen Cyborg Freeza, as well. :eh:
I imagine the chance is rather slim, but seeing how there aren't any in-game transformations, he could be an alternate costume for Freeza's true form.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:29 pm

Rukura wrote:The only surprise that they could throw at me (to mildly excite me) would be a Kaioshin outfit for Gohan, but I'm not gonna hold my breath at all.
Don't hold your breath. There are not 2nd outfits for any character.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:30 pm

The reason Tag VS / Tenkaichi Tag Team included Freeza Soldier A was for story mode purposes where they needed to toss random cannon fodder at you for a battle or so.

With Battle of Z also being multiplayer focused (up to 4v4 as opposed to the PSP game's 2v2), they probably took a hint from that game's inclusion and tossed him in for similar reasons. I guess we'll see when the game comes out.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:31 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Don't hold your breath. There are not 2nd outfits for any character.
We've seen base Vegeta in two outfits: Saiyan and Freeza.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:45 pm

Any what if characters?