Episode of Bardock: Giant On-Going Manga + Anime Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MrKaytos
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Episode of Bardock: Giant On-Going Manga + Anime Discuss

Post by MrKaytos » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:10 am

If "The Episode of Bardock" continued, it wouldn't be strange to think that he's the original Super Saiyan God that we can see for seconds in Battle of Gods.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:38 am

But Super Saiyan God gives red base hair, and the silhouette doesn't fit to that. He doesn't have big muscles, so he can't be Super Saiyan Grade 2 or 3, and he doesn't have long hair, so he can't be Super Saiyan 3 or 4. So, he must be Super Saiyan 2 Bardock.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

MrKaytos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MrKaytos » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:38 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:But Super Saiyan God gives red base hair, and the silhouette doesn't fit to that. He doesn't have big muscles, so he can't be Super Saiyan Grade 2 or 3, and he doesn't have long hair, so he can't be Super Saiyan 3 or 4. So, he must be Super Saiyan 2 Bardock.
No no, I don't mean that the solhouette is the SSG form, I just said that the original Super Saiyan God may be Bardock.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:40 am

I don't think so. You must be a good guy to get Super Saiyan God, and Bardock isn't a good guy. Not to mention that the evil Saiyans were stronger than the 6 good Saiyans, and SS Bardock can't be a weakling in front of the other Saiyans that can only turn into Oozaru. Plus the fact that the Super Saiyan God had a hairstyle similar to Vegeta's.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:58 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:I don't think so. You must be a good guy to get Super Saiyan God, and Bardock isn't a good guy.
Episode of Bardock would like you to think otherwise. :wink:

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:42 pm

Ryuman wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:I don't think so. You must be a good guy to get Super Saiyan God, and Bardock isn't a good guy.
That's the very reason why I strongly hate it.

MrKaytos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MrKaytos » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:25 pm

Ryuman wrote:
That's right ;)

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:28 pm

kei17 wrote:
Ryuman wrote:
That's the very reason why I strongly hate it.
I'm pretty sure that's true for a lot of people.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:17 pm

Ryuman wrote:
Well, I wouldn't say so. Bardock is a killer of multiple planets, but he showed in the TV Special that he cared for his comrades & his planet, and he also secretly cared for his son, so he isn't pure evil. In EoB, he met the Plantians, and they helped him and gave him food even when he refused their help, and the reason he fought Chilled & transformed into a Super Saiyan wasn't just because of them, but it was because Chilled reminded him a lot of Freeza, and because as he failed to defeat him & protect them, he remembered his past failures.

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:34 pm

You know, if Hitler killed a lot of people, but he cared about his family, he wasn't pure evil
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178
My Deviantart: http://raykugen.deviantart.com/
Dragon Ball Characters Project Deviantart: http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:12 pm

In case anything does come of Bardock gaining Super Saiyan 2 in Heroes, this is apparently the lame design we're working with. It's literally just his Super Saiyan form with red lightning...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:30 pm

If EOB did had a second episode then I guess they will have Bardock travel back to his normal time period. Maybe he will fight Kuriza (most likely ) or Froze (whatever they call him in DBH).
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:53 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:In case anything does come of Bardock gaining Super Saiyan 2 in Heroes, this is apparently the lame design we're working with. It's literally just his Super Saiyan form with red lightning...
It will be funny when they make him transform in some animated trailer and realise they forgot to change the hair.
Hellspawn28 wrote:If EOB did had a second episode then I guess they will have Bardock travel back to his normal time period. Maybe he will fight Kuriza (most likely ) or Froze (whatever they call him in DBH).
For him to fight Kuriza, one might suggest that he'd have to go to the future of an alternate universe where Neko Majin happens. Or maybe he was knocked into the past (of that universe) in the first place. Anyway, Neko Majin characters in Heroes is fine by me :P
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:56 pm

Why couldn't Kuriza exist in the main timeline as a character we have never seen? It's not impossible after all.
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:03 pm

I remember hearing that one of the recent data books states that Neko Majin and Dr. Slump take place in their own world. Kuriza was seen or mention at all in any of the shows, movies, specials or the manga.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:21 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:If EOB did had a second episode then I guess they will have Bardock travel back to his normal time period. Maybe he will fight Kuriza (most likely ) or Froze (whatever they call him in DBH).
Froze is a normal Earthling kid. He only belongs in the Freeza Clan while playing the game.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:25 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I remember hearing that one of the recent data books states that Neko Majin and Dr. Slump take place in their own world. Kuriza was seen or mention at all in any of the shows, movies, specials or the manga.
They mention that Neko Majin and the Dr. Slump's Abale-chan sequel take place in alternate universes.

Personally, I don't see Kurieza not being mentioned outside of Neko Majin Z as preventing him from existing in the main timeline. I mean, we never knew Vegeta had a brother or that Bluma had a sister and they appeared out of literally nowhere without a previous mention. Kurieza existing could allow him to still be "recycled" back into it, possibly unrelated to his Neko Majin roots.
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Froze is a normal Earthling kid. He only belongs in the Freeza Clan while playing the game.
...in Victory Mission. They could still do whatever they want with the character, separate from the that manga adaptation.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:04 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Froze is a normal Earthling kid. He only belongs in the Freeza Clan while playing the game.
...in Victory Mission. They could still do whatever they want with the character, separate from the that manga adaptation.
Well, DBH:VM takes place in the Dragon World we know, so I don't know.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:22 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Well, DBH:VM takes place in the Dragon World we know, so I don't know.
The dreaded term "canon" vs continuity.

We know next to nothing about Victory Mission other than the fact that it takes place in the Dragon World/Universe 7, and is at least unfolding in a timeline/universe/whatever where GT occurred. But what does that really mean, if anything? Dragon Ball SD takes place in Universe 7 too, and despite being said to take place in an "alternate universe", so does Neko Majin since the Chozenshu also imply that everything Dragon Ball and Goku related is within that single snow globe. So just because Victory Mission occurs in the same "world", doesn't mean it's part of the main timeline or anything. For right now, it just exists as part of the franchise. If they want to have Bardock travel into the past, present or future and face off against Kurieza, a real version of Froze, the Freeza Clan Elite and the Freeza Clan Berserker, nothing is stopping them.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:37 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:In case anything does come of Bardock gaining Super Saiyan 2 in Heroes, this is apparently the lame design we're working with. It's literally just his Super Saiyan form with red lightning...
Hmmm...
W Secret!!
After awakening through his rage towards the Freeza Clan, an ultimate warrior also makes his debut!
Bardock
Super Saiyan 2
I gotta protest. Previously, "ultimate warrior" (究極戦士) was a phrase always applied to Vegetto, almost like a title to go with Ultimate Gohan's "mightiest of warriors". Oh well.

Also, are they hinting that Bardock is going to reach Super Saiyan 2 fighting Kreeza? That kid must be tougher than he looks.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.