Dragon Ball Z "Seasons" On Blu-ray: News & Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Dragon Ball Z "Seasons" Coming To Blu-ray (Updated 12/31

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:03 pm

final_flash, it's clear that you misunderstood the conversation taking place and are resorting to indignant nonsense talk to try and save face.

You're better off just admitting you had a huge misunderstanding. No-one will think any less of you for it, and it will save a whole lot of pointless/relentless/unnecessary clarification. Time to move on.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

qjz123
Regular

Post by qjz123 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:56 pm

Season 2 is coming out on February 18 and season 3 is coming out on April 1 so it seems like Funimation is releasing a new set every month and a half. At this rate all nine seasons should be out by late January/early February. Assuming Funimation doesn't take a break between any of the releases. If I had to guess I would say that Funimation will take a break between the release of season 3 and season 4.
Kendamu wrote:
AjayLikesGaming wrote:If you put out untouched footage, someone like me is going to take it and turn it into a perfect release. Someone not like me is going to do the same and share it instead. You give pirates the opportunity to do better than companies and people will jump on that so fast.
This is an 80s/90s animated all-ages show that was popular amongst kids. It's not some potent super weapon that might fall into the wrong hands that we have to protect from evil.

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:37 pm

qjz123 wrote:Season 2 is coming out on February 18 and season 3 is coming out on April 1 so it seems like Funimation is releasing a new set every month and a half. At this rate all nine seasons should be out by late January/early February. Assuming Funimation doesn't take a break between any of the releases. If I had to guess I would say that Funimation will take a break between the release of season 3 and season 4.
April 1st? I can see them come out with a statement along the lines of "APRIL FOOLS! Did you guys really think we were actually going to complete another release?" All jokes aside, what suggests they'll be taking a break?

final_flash
Banned

Post by final_flash » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:12 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Kendamu wrote:That's because FUNi has more frame to work with when they're cutting it down to 16:9. Also, even modern TVs have an Overscan setting that you can turn off. Lastly, most people I've seen who prefer 16:9 care more about having their TVs filled than they are about "losing a bit of hair, you haters."
Final_flash, it's clear that you misunderstood the conversation taking place and are resorting to indignant nonsense talk to try and save face.

You're better off just admitting you had a huge misunderstanding. No-one will think any less of you for it, and it will save a whole lot of pointless/relentless/unnecessary clarification. Time to move on.
People that talk crap usually don't use proper grammar. He did not refer to anything before the part of the sentence where he put the quotes. Read the sentence again like the quotation marks weren't there. You see how that sounds. That's why I figured he were talking crap.
As you think, so shall you become.
Bruce Lee

final_flash
Banned

Post by final_flash » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:43 pm

Subject: Dragon Ball Z "Seasons" Coming To Blu-ray (Updated 12/31)(reveiw old post)

Of course I'm right qjz123. I actually do research and know what I'm taking about. I've seen your posts. Most things you say about DBZ releases are wrong. Just being honest. You said I was wrong before you did the research. Try it the other way around next time :lol:
Last edited by final_flash on Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce Lee

qjz123
Regular

Post by qjz123 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:46 pm

final_flash wrote:Subject: Dragon Ball Z "Seasons" Coming To Blu-ray (Updated 12/31)

Of course I'm right qjz123. I actually do research and know what I'm taking about. I've seen your posts. Most things you say about DBZ releases are wrong. Just being honest. You said I was wrong before you did the research. Try it the other way around next time :lol:
Are you upset about something?
Kendamu wrote:
AjayLikesGaming wrote:If you put out untouched footage, someone like me is going to take it and turn it into a perfect release. Someone not like me is going to do the same and share it instead. You give pirates the opportunity to do better than companies and people will jump on that so fast.
This is an 80s/90s animated all-ages show that was popular amongst kids. It's not some potent super weapon that might fall into the wrong hands that we have to protect from evil.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:50 pm

That's plenty enough of the rude/dismissive/sarcastic back-and-forths. I seem to be on a roll with warnings against new members who are rampaging with a blatant disregard for the rules they agreed to prior to registration, and while I'd rather not, if that needs to be turned on new as well as returning members, so be it.

Again: be an awesome person, post awesome things, and make it worthwhile to engage with you. If you're not willing to do those things, we're not willing to have you.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

final_flash
Banned

Post by final_flash » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:09 pm

VegettoEX wrote:final_flash, it's clear that you misunderstood the conversation taking place and are resorting to indignant nonsense talk to try and save face.

To be honest i really don't care what VegettoEX webmasterbater has to say. I mean come on... a 30 something year old dressing up like Vegetta doesn't mean your knowledgeable, a real fan, or even like DBZ. It could just mean you want to be a part of some thing, like a cult.
He could kick me off this website, I really don't give a crap. Its just a web forum. But Ill tell you this much... I'm a bigger fan then most of you here. Not just cause its an popular anime, but i appreciate the story line and action scenes. It gets me pumped. I also am very knowledgeable technically about the releases. That's why I was really upset when they canceled the level sets and starting this crappy new set. These releases are not cheap for all episodes. They make a lot of money off of DBZ fans.
Last edited by final_flash on Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce Lee

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:13 pm

final_flash wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:final_flash, it's clear that you misunderstood the conversation taking place and are resorting to indignant nonsense talk to try and save face.

To be honest i really don't care what VegettoEX webmasterbater has to say. I mean come on... a 30 something year old dressing up like Vegetta doesn't mean your knowledgeable, a real fan, or even like DBZ. It could just mean you want to be a part of some thing, like a cult.
He could kick me off this website, I really don't give a crap. Its just a web forum. But Ill tell you this much... I'm a bigger fan then most of you here. Not just cause its an popular anime, but i appreciate the story line and action scenes. It gets me pumped. I also am very knowledgeable technically about the releases. That's why I was really upset when they canceled the level sets and starting this crappy new set. These releases are not cheap for all episodes. They make a lot of money off of DBZ fans.
Well, good riddance then. :wave:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:14 pm

final_flash wrote:

Wow, it's 1998 again. :roll:

final_flash
Banned

Post by final_flash » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:17 pm

Metalwario64 wrote: Well, good riddance then. :wave:
90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64
Last edited by final_flash on Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce Lee

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:18 pm

Seriously? Of all the non-issues to get upset about. I am just totally at a loss here. What are you upset about? I don't even get this. I mean, I've seen people blow up for ridiculous reasons, but I've never seen anyone blow up for NO reason.
Last edited by Gaffer Tape on Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:20 pm

final_flash wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote: Well, good riddance then. :wave:
90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64
Please point out what I've said that's dumb about this release. :clap:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

final_flash
Banned

Post by final_flash » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:22 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:Seriously? Of all the non-issues to get upset about. I am just totally at a loss here. What are you upset about? I don't even get this.
Dont worry, VegettoEX webmasterbater is offline. I'm sure he will be here soon dressed up in shinny plastic Vegetta armor to save you all :wave:
Last edited by final_flash on Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce Lee

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:24 pm

We really don't need all these cute one-liners. Please continue to discuss the subject normally.
-Rachel

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:26 pm

I'm still curious as to what I've said that's "dumb" about these sets. I'm patiently waiting for an answer. :think:

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:27 pm

Frankly, I'm sincerely curious as to what the flippity flip turned his switch to stark raving mad all of a sudden, and I was really (probably in vain) hoping that he might illuminate the issue just a little bit, and I know at this point that I'm on a very limited clock to find out.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:28 pm

final_flash wrote:

Why are you so pissed for?

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:37 pm

Everyone, has the cleaned up Japanese audio made it in any way worth it for you to spend the $25 on this? It's actually what got me to try out a release I was otherwise happy to skip. I think I got my money's worth based on that alone even if I do ultimately find this release to be far inferior to what FUNimation is capable of producing. While I may not buy the rest of the releases (or I might... Who knows?), I'm glad to have at least tried this one out based on the audio being improved somewhat compared to everything that came before it.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:51 pm

Well, that was pretty entertaining posts made by final_flash. I haven't seen a mockery post that was aimed toward VegettoEX for quite a while, and it's pretty sad to see some of the members stubbornly refuse to accept the facts that VegettoEX is the one who runs this message board, and therefore is the one who makes all the rules, and rightfully so. I will take this opportunity to say that it was never a good idea to provoke an administrator. Because that's probably going to earn you a lifetime ban that removes your rights to view the entirety of Kanzenshuu website. It makes sense because it helps to keep the users from being a repeat offender. But if they don't care about viewing the website, translations, contents, etcs, then it doesn't really matter if they are going to continue to break the rules.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.