Dragon Ball Stand in "Anime Japan Convention 2014"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbgt

Dragon Ball Stand in "Anime Japan Convention 2014"

Post by dbgt » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:21 pm

This weekend (22-23 March 2014) was held in Japan the first edition of the "Anime Japan" convention which was created by the merge of the Tokyo International Anime Fair with the Anime Contents Expo. It is the biggest anime convention of Japan. I think no one has uploaded this content so I want to share a little bit of what was there.

UPDATE: I changed 2 pictures of the dragon ball booth, added some pictures of Gokus character costume, added info about the special dragon ball kai event, added info about the map in the dragon ball booth.

First of all some pictures of the dragon ball stand:

The map in the dragon ball booth: All green countries is where Dragon Ball was officially transmitted, countries with a star is where Battle of the Gods has been released or will be released(probably), Pictures showed in the map dont have any special meaning, were chosen at random just to show subtitles in different languages.
I forgot to add this one: Takayoshi Tanimoto (Dragon Soul interpreter) and Masako Nozawa on stage (sorry for bad quality, it was not allowed to take pictures or video in this event so I had to be very quick, there were some guys in black suits checking the audience, i got caught once :D he covered my camera lens with his hand before i could take the picture)

About the dragon ball kai event: It lasted for 40 minutes, from 13:00 to 13:40. Masako Nozawa was first invited to the stage, she then talked about dragon ball specially about Goku, Gohan and Goten, after this Norihiro Hayashida; one of the producers of the Majin Buu Arc joined the stage to talk about the picture differences between old dragon ball majin buu arc and this, the process involved that they used, picture quality, before and after pictures and videos, and their intention to make this Arc as faithful to the manga as possible, etc From the 40 minutes this part was the longest, maybe taking 25 min. After this the announcer, Masako Nozawa and Norihiro Hayashida (producer of the Majin Buu Arc). left the stage and Takayoshi Tanimoto appeared to give a live perfomance of Dragon Soul and the new opening song “Kuu-Zen-Zetsu-Go”. It was awesome!

Then Masako Nozawa and the announcer came back to the stage, Masako Nozawa started to use the voice of Goku and said something like this "Hey, I'm Goku! Please watch the new Majin Buu Arc, I am sure you will enjoy it!". Finally they ended the event with the Kamehameha (video below).
You could take pictures with Goku
This are some videos I took about the stand, dragon ball kai majin buu arc promotion and Masako Nozawa sprecial guest appearance to promote the majin buu arc (it was not allowed to film the special dragon ball kai event where she appeared, i just managed to film the last seconds where she made a kamehameha). Also Takayoshi Tanimoto (Dragon Soul interpreter; Dragon Ball Kai opening) gave a live perfomance of Dragon Soul which was amazing! I wanted to take a video of this so bad!

(I wanted to embed the videos to this post but I think is not possible)

stand:

http://youtu.be/NPdg7BcERw0

Majin Buu arc promotion:

http://youtu.be/AKHJ-mmsMrA

Masako Nozawa Kamehameha

http://youtu.be/xEqUaguBKeg

Overall I really liked the convention a lot, it was huge!! and there were some very good cosplayers and booth babes! :D

UPDATE 2

This is from a Japanese site.

The Toei representative I mentioned that appeared on stage was Norihiro Hayashida; one of the producers of the Majin Buu Arc.

He mentioned that its their intention to make this Arc as faithful to the manga as possible, some examples are:

Majin Buu with crossed arms (left arm on top of right) in manga but it was the opposite on the anime:
Another example that will be fixed is Goku´s halo that was missing during a scene from the anime:
and some other little mistakes will be fixed to be as faithful to the manga as possible

I have not confirmed these mistakes, I'm lazy to check, and I repeat, i got this from a Japanese site. (my Japanese is far from perfect and that was what I understood, I didnt catch these at the event there was a lot of noise as it was an open stage)

I also got these 2 last images from the same site, I did saw this poster but my camera battery was dead by that time.
Last edited by dbgt on Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:18 pm, edited 11 times in total.

RocktheDragon
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Stand in "Anime Japan Convention 2014"

Post by RocktheDragon » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:46 pm

Very nice photos! The quality of the photos and video taken is great, so thank you for taking the time to share all of this! The new promo is snazzy too.
Kyle Broflovski wrote:It's all real. Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he - he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have. And the same can be said for Bugs Bunny and - and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life - changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary but, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around here long after we're dead. So, in a way, those things are more realer than any of us.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:57 pm

We can see a bit of the new Kai intro 8)
Awesome coverage here. Thank you for sharing this!
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:33 pm

Thanks a lot

It looks like they kept some of the filler fights like gotenks vs majin buu and ssj2 goku vs kid buu
Last edited by sintzu on Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:42 pm

Dang!! :shock: They cut off Piccolo's head...

Oh well back to tournament watching for this fan.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:18 pm

It amuses me to no end that America's contribution to DBZ, shitty Blu-rays and merchandise with a mistranslation-turned-meme, are sitting right on that table.

Really interest in what's with the map. I guess it ties into all the international merch sitting on the table? Screenshots of different translations/releases across countries?
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:02 pm

Is that a compleat collection for kai ?

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:14 pm

B wrote:Really interest in what's with the map. I guess it ties into all the international merch sitting on the table?
The map says:
Kanzenshuu wrote:In addition to the new promotional video, the booth also contained a map of the numerous countries that have licensed Dragon Ball across the globe, a look at various international Kai merchandise, and a life-size Super Saiyan Son Goku that fans could get their pictures taken with. Interestingly enough, the global map also indicates which counties will, or have already, licensed Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods. In total the map lists 29 countries that will see Battle of Gods, including the United States of America.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:34 pm

dbgt wrote:This weekend (22-23 March 2014) was held in Japan the first edition of the "Anime Japan" convention which was created by the merge of the Tokyo International Anime Fair with the Anime Contents Expo. It is the biggest anime convention of Japan. I think no one has uploaded this content so I want to share a little bit of what was there.

First of all some pictures of the dragon ball stand:
I forgot to add this one: Takayoshi Tanimoto (Dragon Soul interpreter) and Masako Nozawa on stage (sorry for bad quality, it was not allowed to take pictures or video in this event so I had to be very quick, there were some guys in black suits checking the audience, i got caught once :D he covered my camera lens with his hand before i could take the picture)
This are some videos I took about the stand, dragon ball kai majin buu arc promotion and Masako Nozawa sprecial guest appearance to promote the majin buu arc (it was not allowed to film the special dragon ball kai event where she appeared, i just managed to film the last seconds where she made a kamehameha). Also Takayoshi Tanimoto (Dragon Soul interpreter; Dragon Ball Kai opening) gave a live perfomance of Dragon Soul which was amazing! I wanted to take a video of this so bad!

(I wanted to embed the videos to this post but I think is not possible)

stand:

http://youtu.be/NPdg7BcERw0

Majin Buu arc promotion:

http://youtu.be/AKHJ-mmsMrA

Masako Nozawa Kamehameha

http://youtu.be/xEqUaguBKeg

Overall I really liked the convention a lot, it was huge!! and there were some very good cosplayers and booth babes! :D
Wait, what? France is NOT on that list?!

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:46 pm

So the movie is coming to America?
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:02 pm

Avenged wrote:So the movie is coming to America?
No duh. There just hasn't been a formal announcement.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:06 pm

It was alwayse going to come to the US the question is who will we get it from ? fox or funimation

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:07 pm

sintzu wrote:
It was alwayse going to come to the US the question is who will we get it from ? fox or funimation
Sean Schemmel stated it is not up to FOX to dub the movie via his Twitter.
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:09 pm

Avenged wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Sean Schemmel stated it is not up to FOX to dub the movie via his Twitter.
Sean Schemmel wouldn't know anything about this. He's a hired hand.

hunterxhunter21
Beyond Newbie

Post by hunterxhunter21 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:09 pm

Where are those Kai season sets from?
Dragon Ball Famicon/Super Famicom game scans : HERE

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:29 pm

I can't believe that Spain and Italy would be the only two European contries getting battle of gods...

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:34 pm

hunterxhunter21 wrote:Where are those Kai season sets from?
Thai.
The text under the world map says that the countries marked with a red star got/get a screening of BoG, so yes.
Last edited by kei17 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:36 pm

sangofe wrote:I can't believe that Spain and Italy would be the only two European contries getting battle of gods...
That would be incredibly sad for most of Europe.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:41 pm

Quebaz wrote:
sangofe wrote:I can't believe that Spain and Italy would be the only two European contries getting battle of gods...
That would be incredibly sad for most of Europe.
I refuse to believe the UK aren't interested.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:08 pm

Avenged wrote:Sean Schemmel stated it is not up to FOX to dub the movie via his Twitter.
That's good news

When dose funimation usually announce new anime series and movies ?