Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MasterVampire
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by MasterVampire » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:48 am

I just had a thought.

Why did Dende never put any security measures into place with the Earth dragonballs like with the planet Namek ones?

If there was a password or you needed to speak it in the Namek language none of this freeza stuff would happen.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:03 am

MasterVampire wrote:I just had a thought.

Why did Dende never put any security measures into place with the Earth dragonballs like with the planet Namek ones?

If there was a password or you needed to speak it in the Namek language none of this freeza stuff would happen.
The Earth Dragon Balls are for the Earthlings... Why would he require a Namekian password for them? :?

omae no kaasan
OMG ULTIMATE DBZ INF0RZ D00D

Post by omae no kaasan » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:55 am

You shouldn't look into it too much. It's a very generic anime phrase.
I know what you mean, but you'd actually be surprised. As much as Toei is frequently Toei-ish, there is actually a great deal of thought and effort used in planning and development. It's kind of strange because you have two extremes making one product. They sometimes include ingenious and shockingly deep ideas that I'd never have realized on my own. Then you've got an episode of something that looks like South Park.

I'm not saying Chu is definitely on to something, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it was a choice made after much deliberation.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:17 pm

Marco Polo wrote:

If there was a password or
you needed to speak it in the Namek language none of this freeza stuff would happen.
The Earth Dragon Balls are for the Earthlings... Why would he require a Namekian password for them? :?
I think he meant a password in general. But the Italics part in the quote does gives the wrong message. I guess in universe only the Z warriors use the Dbs. But pilfar recently used them. I guess Dende or Popo can teleport to whoever is about to summon them.

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:56 pm

Frieza returning doesn't interest me.

Being utterly humiliated by Goku, and then unceremoniously dispatched by Trunks seemed the perfect undignified ending for such an unrepentantly evil character. Going back to the Frieza well and playing it straight has made me lose some faith in this upcoming movie.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:37 pm

I don't know how I would feel in the end of this movie. In one hand, I don't want Freeza to get killed... again. On the other hand, I don't want Freeza to flee away with his army...
In any case, Goku shouldn't be the one to defeat him. He already had his shot. If there's anyone who has the right to kill Freeza right now is Vegeta.

I wonder... would Freeza tell them if he met their parents at Hell? Even if Bardock soften up a little as shown in Jaco, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been enough to not end up there along with King Vegeta (Gine might be another story). It bothers me that Goku kept thinking the worst of them thanks to Raditz... but they *did* care about him. :|
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:28 pm

I removed the rest of your explanation to save space in my post, but thanks a ton for the info! I'm always amazed by how well you guys keep track of these things.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:32 pm

Could be that the Z fighters and their friends & family are the only ones who know about it. Everyone else on Earth never heard of them or only knows of them as a fairly tale. A password for them would be pointless.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:33 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:

Could be that the Z fighters and their friends & family are the only ones who know about it. Everyone else on Earth never heard of them or only knows of them as a fairly tale. A password for them would be pointless.
Pilaf?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:37 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:

Pilaf?
Don't Pilaf and co come under the friends & family category now? But yeah I think they were the only one who knew about outside the Z fighters.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:40 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Don't Pilaf and co come under the friends & family category now? But yeah I think they were the only one who knew about outside the Z fighters.
Well, Violet from the RRA knew, and she's was still alive after that arc, I believe. I'm sure there's other RRA soldiers who knew about them.

Bora's tribe should know, since Goku told them, IIRC.

Tao's alive, at least up until Buu kills everyone, and he knows about them.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:48 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:

Pilaf?
Besides him, the Z fighters and their family & friends are the only one who really knows about them. I didn't bring up Pilaf since he stop being a threat after the Piccolo Daiamo. Not to mention the Z fighters pretty much forgotten about him since no one recognized him at Bluma's party in BOG.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:53 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Besides him, the Z fighters and their family & friends are the only one who really knows about them. I didn't bring up Pilaf since he stop being a threat after the Piccolo Daiamo. Not to mention the Z fighters pretty much forgotten about him since no one recognized him at Bluma's party in BOG.
And the RRA survivors, as I mentioned in my above post. Violet and Tao, at the very least.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:33 pm

I can see something like this happening to Freeza:

As Whis banishes him to another universe after Goku/Vegeta have managed to beat him. :lol:

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:42 pm

The Monkey King wrote:I can see something like this happening to Freeza:

As Whis banishes him to another universe after Goku/Vegeta have managed to beat him. :lol:
The Garlic Jr. treatment, you mean? :D

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:32 pm

MagicBox wrote:Gohan looked the exact same in the Saiyan and Artificial Human arcs as well. He only began to look a little older once he became a Super Saiyan.
No. Toriyama actually didn't repeat Goku mistake with Gohan and he kept changing his proportions gradually from the start of Saiyan arc up to Cell arc:

And that doesnt even incude the "final growth" in SSJ2 form. Meanwhile Goten and Trunks are still looking like babies in BOG lol... :wtf: :crazy:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:35 pm

I'm partly hoping their absence so far means that Toriyama and Toei are going to surprise us with older-looking, teenage character designs for Goten and Trunks. :3

It doesn't feel overly likely my guess will hold true, but I can hope.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:39 pm

Chuquita wrote:teenage character designs for Goten and Trunks. :3
Don't worry, even if they do Toriyama will ruin Goten with some new bad hairstyle (like his GT design...) instead of the flawless EOZ design :problem:

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:43 pm

Basaku wrote:
Don't worry, even if they do Toriyama will ruin Goten with some new bad hairstyle (like his GT design...) instead of the flawless EOZ design :problem:
I've seen a lot of people express this, so I know I'm in the minority here, but I...I don't get it. I really don't. :? Goten's EOZ hair to me is just another 'long haired' design, similar to Saiyan arc Yamcha or early Androids arc Gohan. His GT hair at least stands out amongst the various other spikey haired designs, and I've always kinda liked it myself.

Not trying to say people aren't entitled to disliking the GT hair, mind you. I just don't see what's so bad about it is all.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:46 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Basaku wrote:
I've seen a lot of people express this, so I know I'm in the minority here, but I...I don't get it. I really don't. :? Goten's EOZ hair to me is just another 'long haired' design, similar to Saiyan arc Yamcha or early Androids arc Gohan. His GT hair at least stands out amongst the various other spikey haired designs, and I've always kinda liked it myself.

Not trying to say people aren't entitled to disliking the GT hair, mind you. I just don't see what's so bad about it is all.
How does it stand out? Half of the time it not even possible to tell him apart from Gohan lol. EOZ works for him because he uses it in 'adult' form while Gohan was using it in kid "form". Adult Gohan mostly has his "iconic" style locked (which of course Akira tries to mess up now lol).

As for Yamcha, well, basically every character has ripped one of his hairstyles at this point. He's a trend setter :P