Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:07 pm

Hades wrote:They're ripping off the "Golden = STRONK!" from Five Nights at Freddy's
Or, you know, from late 80's early 90's Akira Toriyama?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:08 pm

Regarder wrote:Would it look any better if the purple bits were black?
Nope. It's the gold that's awful. It's just unattractive.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:09 pm

Big Momma wrote:I love how people call Toriyama lazy. The man released a chapter nearly every single week for nearly 10 years (Not counting Dr. Slump) Still came back occasionally to do small things for the series over the next ten years, and has recently "taken the helm" (so to speak) on these past two movies, re-writing scripts and helping with all sorts of Pre-Production/story things. He's gone back and re-read his own series to make sure he's as accurate as he can be (Even if he's still seemed to have forgotten a few things here and there), and added all sorts of things to the Dragon Ball mythos we wouldn't have even imagined 10 years ago.
This is the best thing anyone has said since this movie was announced.

One would think the fan base would be happy and thankful that he's giving us a proper closure to the story but instead they're complaining about every little detail just because the stories weren't written 20 years ago.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Hades
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hades » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:10 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Hades wrote:They're ripping off the "Golden = STRONK!" from Five Nights at Freddy's
Or, you know, from late 80's early 90's Akira Toriyama?
Fair Enough, just had a flashback to this guy:
TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:
Scarz wrote:Like using a flamethrower to kill an ant.
Hey, a lv.100 Charizard vs a wild lv.4 Caterpie. It happens.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:15 pm

sintzu wrote:
This is the best thing anyone has said since this movie was announced.

One would think the fan base would be happy and thankful that he's giving us a proper closure to the story but instead they're complaining about every little detail just because the stories weren't written 20 years ago.
How are these movies supposed to be closure? If anything they reopen the franchise.

And like I said before, having a normal mangaka schedule until 1995, and only doing small things and collaborating with stuff after that, is proof that he works very hard?
Last edited by rereboy on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Super SaiyaJon
Beyond Newbie

Post by Super SaiyaJon » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:17 pm

I'm honestly curious if people would be reacting this way if the movies were manga chapters during the original serialization. Do you think people would still have the same complaints they do now?
Kakacarrottop wrote: That's the problem with the "Dragon Ball" fanbase, it's too divided. There's "FUNimation fanboys", "Kai fanboys", "Ocean fanboys", "Japanese fanboys", we need to stop attacking each other and realize we're all fans of the same thing.
Saiga wrote:Gandalf: Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?

Goku: Yes, actually.

Gandalf: Oh. Neat.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:20 pm

Super SaiyaJon wrote:I'm honestly curious if people would be reacting this way if the movies were manga chapters during the original serialization. Do you think people would still have the same complaints they do now?
Yes. Freeza's knowledge that he could just train for 4 months and reach Beerus power levels would still make Freeza look lazy and stupid for example. The criticisms would all still be valid.

Btw, if Freeza's new form was in the manga, there would hardly be any difference from his regular final form since the manga would be in black and white.
Last edited by rereboy on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:21 pm

Super SaiyaJon wrote:I'm honestly curious if people would be reacting this way if the movies were manga chapters during the original serialization. Do you think people would still have the same complaints they do now?
If this were a black and white manga Toriyama would never have come up with Golden Freeza...

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:21 pm

rereboy wrote:
Yes. Freeza's knowledge that he could just train for 4 months and reach Beerus power levels would still make Freeza look lazy and stupid for example. The criticisms would all still be valid.

Btw, if Freeza's new form was in the manga, there would hardly be any difference from his regular normal form since the manga would be in black and white.
The chapter could have a colour page.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:23 pm

Doctor. wrote:
rereboy wrote:

Btw, if Freeza's new form was in the manga, there would hardly be any difference from his regular normal form since the manga would be in black and white.
The chapter could have a colour page.
And the rest of the chapters would have a Freeza that we can hardly tell apart from final form Freeza? If it was the manga, the design would most likely be something else.

Super SaiyaJon
Beyond Newbie

Post by Super SaiyaJon » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:25 pm

Well, I wasn't specifically refering to Golden Freeza. How do you think people would react to the story? How would people react to SSJ God? How would they react to other details?
Kakacarrottop wrote: That's the problem with the "Dragon Ball" fanbase, it's too divided. There's "FUNimation fanboys", "Kai fanboys", "Ocean fanboys", "Japanese fanboys", we need to stop attacking each other and realize we're all fans of the same thing.
Saiga wrote:Gandalf: Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?

Goku: Yes, actually.

Gandalf: Oh. Neat.

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:26 pm

I'm the only one who thinks that Freeza in this new form looks like a Golden Gorilla?

Oh, the irony...

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:27 pm

I think it really depends on when it's being serialized. If it was right away after the Boo arc, it's possible that some of the criticism wouldn't be present. If it were a manga being serialized now, the criticism would be the same, I feel.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:29 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
Why does it have to be attractive in the first place? It's also not like Freeza was a pretty boy (err alien) to begin with.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:30 pm

I would. I bash many of the chapters and Toriyama story decisions. Not going to change just because it's new DBZ material in 2015.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:
Why does it have to be attractive in the first place? It's also not like Freeza was a pretty boy (err alien) to begin with.
I'm using attractive as a since of how much I like it. Broly LSSJ form is ugly. But it got that aura to it that's awesome. This looks like a fanmade form that I see on Google images. Freeze is honestly not bad looking.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:35 pm

I've seen (and drawn) black and white comics using ssjg Gokû; it's different enough in looks where you can tell even if you do or don't decide to ink the hair and eye color. Golden Freeza would need something that shows at least how shiny he is.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:36 pm

rereboy wrote:
How are these movies supposed to be closure? If anything they reopen the franchise.
On one hand they do but on the other they show us what happened in the 10 years between Buu and Uub which gives us a better closure to the story cause now it doesn't feel like there was something missing like before.

Another big closure is with Vegeta cause now we see him go from a villain who wanted to destroy earth to a hero who's stepping into Goku's shoes to defend it.

And Freeza's story is finally ending the way it should have with Vegeta putting him down while giving him a proper final battle and death.

I know this isn't going to be the last movie but if it is then it's a great way to end the story.
No way.

You could take the Cell arc that a lot of fans say is the best yet they would probably rip it to pieces if it was released today.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:42 pm

Super SaiyaJon wrote:Well, I wasn't specifically refering to Golden Freeza. How do you think people would react to the story? How would people react to SSJ God? How would they react to other details?
I already gave you an example of how one criticism would still be valid. Its the same for the others criticisms. And there's plenty of parts and details in the manga that people criticize, I don't see why you think that being part of the manga means that people don't criticize it.
sintzu wrote:
On one hand they do but on the other they show us what happened in the 10 years between Buu and Uub which gives us a better closure to the story cause now it doesn't feel like there was something missing like before.
It never felt that something was missing in the manga during those years, honestly.

As for Freeza, his story had already been concluded. Even his return as Mecha-Freeza in the manga was a bonus (to set up the next arc), so there wasn't anything missing regarding his story. Regarding his backstory, sure, there's lots of stuff that we could learn, but his story had already been concluded.
Last edited by rereboy on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:48 pm

I don't know If someone has said this yet, but...
Maybe Freeza is golden because of the movie premiering in the golden week?
Sleeping until the tournament is over.