What kind of episode do you wanna see in Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

What kind of episode do you wanna see in Super?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:54 pm

Here for my set of ideas for episodes:
  • Goku realizing there's more to life than fighting
    Development for Krillin and #18's relationship
    Lunch's return (and her having control over her split personalities)
    Chiaotzu leaving Tien cuz he believe he's worthless to him but becomes useful
    Korin makes Yajirobe get a job so he learns not to be lazy
    Yamcha dating Chi-Chi (the latter is oblivious and decides in being friends)
    Muten Roshi tries his hardest to relieve his glory days is the strongest man
    Chi-Chi reuniting with her Mama and fighting her Papa's old enemies
    Goku's birthday party
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What kind of episode do you wanna see in Super?

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:33 pm

Goku or Whis being murdered in a fair one-on-one fight against a greater opponent who's actually a threat and provides Super with a nice pair of balls.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:36 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Goku or Whis being murdered in a fair one-on-one fight against a greater opponent who's actually a threat and provides Super with a nice pair of balls.
Extra points if Goku stays permanently dead and passes the torch.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:48 pm

Both the Earth and Namekian Dragon Balls becoming inactive forever.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:57 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:The both Earth and Namekian Dragon Balls becoming inactive forever.
Specifically after Goku bites the dust.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:59 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:The both Earth and Namekian Dragon Balls becoming inactive forever.
... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:04 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:
... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:11 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
This has me dying.

Lemme use this as my sig, 'kay?
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:17 pm

I think your ideas with Lunch and Yajirobe are great! They would make fantastic episodes in-between the BoG and RoF arcs. Goku's birthday would be fun to watch too.
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:23 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
This has me dying.

Lemme use this as my sig, 'kay?
Sure. lol.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:54 pm

I want an episode all about Freeza's training.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:39 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I want an episode all about Freeza's training.
A Freeza-centric episode would be fantastic, especially with the degree of comedic tone Super has for the most part.

I'm crossing my fingers for a decent amount of stuff between BoG and RoF, especially with Goku and Vegeta.

A Piccolo episode would also be great.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:49 am

Bulma takes Vegeta to dancing lessons after his Bingo stunt.

Flashback episode showcasing Gohan and Videl's wedding

Goten and Trunks trying to find the origin of Mr. Popo

Goten and Trunks trying to take up the Saiyaman mantle

A episode showing Kaio and Beerus's game of hide and seek that caused Beerus to destroy Kaio's planet.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:06 am

Situational comedy set shortly pre-F arc with Gokû and Vegeta functioning as classmates and roommates on Beerus' and Whis' planet. Bonus points if Whis sticks them with a bunk-bed. Cherry on top if Gokû wins claim to top-bunk by a game of rock-paper-scissors against Vegeta for it.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

VintageSaiyan
Temporarily Banned

Post by VintageSaiyan » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:45 am

Uh, i know I'm in the minority here, but an episode where someone's life is on the line in the middle of an epic battle due to the overwhelming force of an opponent that clearly has no intentions of becoming best friends after.

But uhh, that's just me.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:52 am

Some of you guys really want to kill off Goku? Wow. For the episode I would love to see some good old fashioned action where the Z Fighters have to work as a team again, but according to ROF, Goku and Vegeta won't team up again EVER no matter what happens. I also want to see Whis fight someone of his strength at one point.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Avery
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avery » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:12 am

An episode dedicated to Yamcha's daily life and training(?).

Show us how things are going in Future Trunks' timeline, no need to bring him back in time again.

Vegeta and Yajirobe interactions.
An angry Final Fantasy fan wrote: And after all the outrage, when I'm ready, I'll go out on to GameStop and buy a Persona 5 copy. And when my mother finds me investing my precious time trying to bond with this hot anime girl, I'll look straight into her eyes and say "but have you looked at the menu screen? have you actually seen the menu screen? In that very moment, she knows. She fucking knows. As she handles me the nugget pieces she previously cooked for me, she leaves my room with these words: "Persona 5 is the true savior of the JRPG".
VegettoEX wrote: In a blunt nutshell, no-one wants to read bullshit. Don't post bullshit. Be a cool person that posts cool things that other people would actually want to read. Don't be Zamasu from episode 63 talking to himself.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:17 am

MajinMan wrote:Some of you guys really want to kill off Goku? Wow. For the episode I would love to see some good old fashioned action where the Z Fighters have to work as a team again, but according to ROF, Goku and Vegeta won't team up again EVER no matter what happens. I also want to see Whis fight someone of his strength at one point.
Well, yea, since the original series didn't do the job properly, why not Super?

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:24 am

MajinMan wrote:Some of you guys really want to kill off Goku? Wow. For the episode I would love to see some good old fashioned action where the Z Fighters have to work as a team again, but according to ROF, Goku and Vegeta won't team up again EVER no matter what happens. I also want to see Whis fight someone of his strength at one point.
He should already be dead. That's not to say I want him written off. He was deceased for the majority of the Buu saga, for example. I like the idea of a villain affecting both the living and other world, allowing Goku to have his own adventure/battles while the rest of the cast do their thing in the world of the living (e.g. Fusion Reborn).

Plus, the scene of his death would create a huge impact, which Super desperately needs...

Avery
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avery » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:31 am

Goku dying for real... The dream that will never come true.
An angry Final Fantasy fan wrote: And after all the outrage, when I'm ready, I'll go out on to GameStop and buy a Persona 5 copy. And when my mother finds me investing my precious time trying to bond with this hot anime girl, I'll look straight into her eyes and say "but have you looked at the menu screen? have you actually seen the menu screen? In that very moment, she knows. She fucking knows. As she handles me the nugget pieces she previously cooked for me, she leaves my room with these words: "Persona 5 is the true savior of the JRPG".
VegettoEX wrote: In a blunt nutshell, no-one wants to read bullshit. Don't post bullshit. Be a cool person that posts cool things that other people would actually want to read. Don't be Zamasu from episode 63 talking to himself.