Could Cell have turned Oozaru?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DNA
I Live Here

Re: Could Cell have turned Oozaru?

Post by DNA » Sun May 02, 2010 7:08 am

Dudes... he's a freaking insect. His whole genetic make-up is a shuffle up of various others, just because the genetic information of the ozaru transformation is somewhere in there, doesn't mind he can actually access it, he's lucky he can access Super Saiyan like transformations. He sure can't transform like Freeza, all his transformations mirror those of locusts or cicadas. He's an insect, he's shelled, which in turn means he doesn't even have bones, has we seen every time some part of him was ripped off. I'm sorry, I just can't see Cell breaking his shell and growing the size of a freaking building.

Choice195
Banned

Post by Choice195 » Sun May 23, 2010 10:08 am

BAMM! That's Cell Oozaru, lol.

SylentEcho
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SylentEcho » Sun May 23, 2010 10:36 am

/\ Lol at him. If I didnt know who Cell was, I'd think that there was a really happy pair of testicles. His stomach even has the seam that testis have. :lol:

KakaR0T
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KakaR0T » Sun May 23, 2010 1:39 pm

Choice195 wrote:Image
BAMM! That's Cell Oozaru, lol.
Wait a second. That is not Cell Oozaru. That's Cell when he was about to self-destruct.

Hey everybody, this guy's a big fat phony

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Sun May 23, 2010 4:42 pm

When I first watched the Cell Games on Cartoon Network, I actually thought Cell was going to turn into an Oozaru as a massive surprise.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

lash
Regular

Post by lash » Sun May 23, 2010 11:03 pm

He needs a certain tail to take in the Blutz waves to activate his Oozaru transformation. I doubt his tail(with it being used specifically for absorption) has that ability. So the answer would probably be no. Although with saiyan DNA, he definitely does have the means to go Oozaru.
-Otherwise known as The God of DBG.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon May 24, 2010 9:44 am

Here's a thought: could Cell use his Namek regenerative traits and Saiyan DNA to simply grow a Saiyan tail if he wanted to?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Choice195
Banned

Post by Choice195 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:16 pm

Lol, I just posted that for kicks. YOU, SIR, HAVE NO SENSE OF HUMOR.

Ketchup_Revenge
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ketchup_Revenge » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:44 am

Cell can't turn Oozaru because he doesn't have the right type tail, and there's no indication that Cell can change the composition of his physical body to accommodate certain abilities.

Even pure Saiyans can't go Oozaru if they don't have a tail (unless you're Vegeta in GT, which doesn't make sense)
I wipe it off the tile, the light is brighter this time, everything is 3D blasphemy.
My eyes are red and gold, the hair is standing straight up, this is not the way I picture me.
I can't control my shakes, how the hell did I get here? Something about this, so very wrong.
I have to laugh out loud, I wish I didn't like this. Is it a dream or a memory?

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:17 am

Ketchup_Revenge wrote:Even pure Saiyans can't go Oozaru if they don't have a tail (unless you're Vegeta in GT, which doesn't make sense)
In my view, he got bombarded with such an insane amount of bruits waves that it just over-dosed him, made a new tail grow (just like Goku) and transformed him all in one go.

Savage68
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Savage68 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:32 am

DNA wrote:
Ketchup_Revenge wrote:Even pure Saiyans can't go Oozaru if they don't have a tail (unless you're Vegeta in GT, which doesn't make sense)
In my view, he got bombarded with such an insane amount of bruits waves that it just over-dosed him, made a new tail grow (just like Goku) and transformed him all in one go.
This is what I assumed happened, as well. The sheer overload of radiation made up (somehow) for his lack of tail, and incited the transformation.