The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bando
Beyond Newbie

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by Bando » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:56 pm

Lord Eeyore Haw-Haw wrote:Well, anyone with the actual material should be able to correct me on this, but going merely by the Japanese translation aspect of it, I would say "Kaioushin-kai" is the realm itself. It would most likely be "Kaioushin-sei", if the planet had such an unimaginative name.
Thank you!

Well here's the dialogue if it helps:

Episode 278
Vegeta: Let's call him here! It won't be so easy, in this holy Kaioshin Realm, for everything to be destroyed! We can fight as much as we want!

Episode 279
Elder Kaioshin: This Kaioshin Realm won't be destroyed over anything reasonable, after all.

Episode 280
http://imageshack.us/a/img703/8460/5egg.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img94/3892/1k5a.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img199/4870/pieg.png

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:11 pm

I have a translation question for Herms, is it stated anywhere in the Japanese anime that Pure Buu is the strongest Buu? I've seen video's with English subs, however, I'm not sure if they're accurate. The manga implies Evil Buu is much stronger than Pure Buu, however, I'm hearing the anime states differently. I would like to know whether there is any truth to this?
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:19 pm

The FUNi subs imply that Pure Boo is the strongest Boo, and they are very accurate from what I hear.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:54 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:The FUNi subs imply that Pure Boo is the strongest Boo, and they are very accurate from what I hear.
I'd still like Herms' input.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Bando
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bando » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:39 am

Last edited by Bando on Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:28 am

Wasn't there a guidebook that had Gotenks stated as tens of times stronger just like SSJ4 Gogeta was?

Or was it this part in the SEG

Or this

Last edited by dbzfan7 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:30 pm

The first scan says that for sure, but I don't know if the second scan says anything about it.

But I would like to ask: Is Fusion said to make them many dozens, several dozens, or just dozens of times stronger? Not just in that part, every time it's mentioned in a guide.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:33 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:The first scan says that for sure, but I don't know if the second scan says anything about it.

But I would like to ask: Is Fusion said to make them many dozens, several dozens, or just dozens of times stronger? Not just in that part, every time it's mentioned in a guide.
I remember it was supposed to say several tens of times stronger. I also wanted to know where the one above came from. The one above I think is an anime guide while the one below is from the SEG.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:46 pm

I remember someone saying that it's from an anime Daizenshuu guide, and since Daizenshuu 3 & 5 didn't cover Boo arc, I would say it comes from Daizenshuu 10.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:30 pm

Found this on Google. Seems like a interesting thing to translate as it could reveal some good info. Sorry if this has already been posted. If so ill delete it provided someone can link the original page.

Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:37 pm

If it's not too much trouble, could I please have the text translated on these pictures for Goku?

and

Thanks!
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:50 pm

Can't see the second picture.
And that Goku's had a few too many Double Baconators :lol:
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:10 am

Does it say anything about Toriyama?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:23 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Does it say anything about Toriyama?
Nothing you don't already know or couldn't already read here on the site.

鳥山先生インタビュー&コラムコーナーもあろぞ!!
Toriyama-sensei intabyū & koramu kōnā moarozo!!

I dunno, so... something like, "There will also be Toriyama-sensei Interview(s) & Column Corner(s)!!"...?

The first three "Full Color Comics", which comprise the entirety of the Saiyan arc, had Q&A sessions that included Toriyama answers here and there. We've already translated these (1 / 2 / 3). The fourth and fifth of the Freeza arc volumes had longer-form material that were a combination interview/Q&As, which we've also already translated (1 / 2).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:43 pm

Gohan stated in Viz (not sure about the original Japanese version) that he could get from his house to school in 20 minutes. I've found that this is different in the Italian translation, which is apparently one of the best official translations. In that translation, Gohan said it would take him 20 seconds, not minutes, making him a lot faster than before.
Can someone confirm this to be true?
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:46 pm

Nazi Cola wrote:Gohan stated in Viz (not sure about the original Japanese version) that he could get from his house to school in 20 minutes. I've found that this is different in the Italian translation, which is apparently one of the best official translations. In that translation, Gohan said it would take him 20 seconds, not minutes, making him a lot faster than before.
Herms translated it as 20 minutes.
Chapter: 424 (DBZ 230), P3.2
Context: flying to Satan City again
Gohan: “This is great! Looks like I’ll be able to get there in about 20 minutes like this!”
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:57 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Does it say anything about Toriyama?
Nothing you don't already know or couldn't already read here on the site.

鳥山先生インタビュー&コラムコーナーもあろぞ!!
Toriyama-sensei intabyū & koramu kōnā moarozo!!

I dunno, so... something like, "There will also be Toriyama-sensei Interview(s) & Column Corner(s)!!"...?

The first three "Full Color Comics", which comprise the entirety of the Saiyan arc, had Q&A sessions that included Toriyama answers here and there. We've already translated these (1 / 2 / 3). The fourth and fifth of the Freeza arc volumes had longer-form material that were a combination interview/Q&As, which we've also already translated (1 / 2).
I see, thanks a lot!

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:33 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Nazi Cola wrote:Gohan stated in Viz (not sure about the original Japanese version) that he could get from his house to school in 20 minutes. I've found that this is different in the Italian translation, which is apparently one of the best official translations. In that translation, Gohan said it would take him 20 seconds, not minutes, making him a lot faster than before.
Herms translated it as 20 minutes.
Chapter: 424 (DBZ 230), P3.2
Context: flying to Satan City again
Gohan: “This is great! Looks like I’ll be able to get there in about 20 minutes like this!”
Thanks very much!
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:23 pm

Would someone be nice enough to tackle this for me and the rest of the guys in the Heroes thread?

Curious if it says anything about Super 17's "Jinzōningen Absorption" form only being obtainable by merging with 16, or if any of the other models will do...besides 17 for obvious reasons.

Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:31 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Curious if it says anything about Super 17's "Jinzōningen Absorption" form only being obtainable by merging with 16, or if any of the other models will do...besides 17 for obvious reasons.
It's specificlly No.16. The ability is named "Further Evolution" in the screenshot, and the description says he's merged with 16. Then the big white and red text says that after being born by absorbing 17, Super 17 evolves even further by absorbing 16. It would also be a bit strange for absorbing 18 to give him that new big muscular form (dubbed a kanpeki-na nikutai, "perfect physical body"...hmmm).
TheMightyOzaru wrote:I have a translation question for Herms, is it stated anywhere in the Japanese anime that Pure Buu is the strongest Buu?
Yeah, it's definitely said a few times. Can't check right now, but from memory Kaioshin says it at least once (maybe twice?) in exposition that's otherwise pretty much the same as the manga, then there's a filler scene where after fighting pure Boo a bit Goku says that this form of Boo is way better at everything than the previous forms (not just power, but even his ability to regenerate), then during the opening narration from one episode the narrator describes the Genki-Dama as the final measure to defeat the strongest and evilest Boo of all.
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:The first scan says that for sure, but I don't know if the second scan says anything about it.

The scan with anime Gotenks is from DBZ Son Goku Densetsu, and says Gotenks has "many times" the power of Goten/Trunks on their own.

The middle scan is from the SEG: Story Guide, and describes Fusion as giving birth to a warrior that has multiplied the two's power together.

The Gogeta scan is from the (Chinese edition) of GT Perfect File Vol.2, and says SSj4 Gogeta perhaps has "many tens of times" the power of a single Super Saiyan 4. The Japanese edition says the same thing.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.