The humble beginnings of the Original Funimation Cast.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: The humble beginnings of the Original Funimation Cast.

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:49 pm

What did Sean Schemmel did before doing voice acting for Funimation?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Nightmare Wheel
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nightmare Wheel » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:02 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:What did Sean Schemmel did before doing voice acting for Funimation?
I think he was in a jazz band or something. I know for sure he has a musical background.

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:01 am

WittyUsername wrote:
Bansho64 wrote:
VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote: I wasn't being snarky but if you look up her mugshots, police records and "Stephanie Nadolny arrested" on Google, you can see that it's true.
It was in a recent video by SuperJayain as well. Here it is for future reference. Not sure what specific time placement it's at but it's definitely in there.
This is irrelevant to Nadolny's personal life, but that guy kind of sounds like an elitist prick if I had to be honest. Making condescending generalizations and calling people "retards" doesn't reflect very well on most people, and I say this as someone who agrees that the Faulconer score never had any legitimate reason to exist, even if I do enjoy listening to some of the tracks for what they are.

On another note, doesn't showing that mugshot of Nadolny, and implying that was the reason she was replaced kind of strike anyone else as uncalled for?
I agree, it's a cringefest of a video but I did ask Sabat on Twitter if Nadolny's DUIs factored in to her replacement in Kai onward and he said that it did but it of course wasn't the main reason why.
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:37 am

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:
WittyUsername wrote:
Bansho64 wrote: It was in a recent video by SuperJayain as well. Here it is for future reference. Not sure what specific time placement it's at but it's definitely in there.
This is irrelevant to Nadolny's personal life, but that guy kind of sounds like an elitist prick if I had to be honest. Making condescending generalizations and calling people "retards" doesn't reflect very well on most people, and I say this as someone who agrees that the Faulconer score never had any legitimate reason to exist, even if I do enjoy listening to some of the tracks for what they are.

On another note, doesn't showing that mugshot of Nadolny, and implying that was the reason she was replaced kind of strike anyone else as uncalled for?
I agree, it's a cringefest of a video but I did ask Sabat on Twitter if Nadolny's DUIs factored in to her replacement in Kai onward and he said that it did but it of course wasn't the main reason why.
The video aside, but it's a shame that it had a factor in her replacement regardless. I can only hope that she's clean now.
I still can't help but wonder how much better she would've been if she stayed on for Kai

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:10 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
WittyUsername wrote:

The video aside, but it's a shame that it had a factor in her replacement regardless. I can only hope that she's clean now.
I still can't help but wonder how much better she would've been if she stayed on for Kai
Unfortunately she's not, she was arrested back in July for a DUI
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:13 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote: I agree, it's a cringefest of a video but I did ask Sabat on Twitter if Nadolny's DUIs factored in to her replacement in Kai onward and he said that it did but it of course wasn't the main reason why.
Unfortunately she's not, she was arrested back in July for a DUI
That sucks, really. Maybe getting cut from DB only made things worse. :(

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:22 pm

I really feel for her fans, I know I've been dismissive of her acting before but its sad that this has come to be.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:39 pm

Is this really the thread or the place to gossip about voice actors' personal lives?
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:41 pm

Yeah, lets make a proper Gossip Thread!

I'm kidding! I'm kidding. I agree lets stop this.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:50 pm

I'm quite glad they improved for Kai. I can't wait for the Buu Saga Kai dub and Super dub.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:15 am

Bansho64 wrote:Speaking of the Funi cast, do you any you think they've gotten to the levels of legends like Jim Cummings or Jeremy Irons? Where would you put them on your scale?
The Funimation guys are good and all, but they still have a long way to go before they can be even compared to someone like Jim Cummings. They probably wish they had his resume.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:50 pm

Do you guys happen to know when did Sean Schemmel move to New York and what Dragon Ball thing was dubbed at the time of his moving?

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:32 pm

Tian wrote:Do you guys happen to know when did Sean Schemmel move to New York and what Dragon Ball thing was dubbed at the time of his moving?
He moved to New York in the 2000's, I believe.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:49 am

Wow, I didn't know John Burgmeier got Tenshinhan's role thanks to his mom, Linda Young.

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:11 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:Is this really the thread or the place to gossip about voice actors' personal lives?

You're suppose to be getting older, and instead you're getting whinier.
El Conejo Malo

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:40 pm

Why? Calling for order and NOT invade on others people's lives is whiny now?

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:12 am

Interesting story on the beginnings of the dub though, I've always appreciated their work.
El Conejo Malo

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:13 am

Bardo117 wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote:Is this really the thread or the place to gossip about voice actors' personal lives?

You're suppose to be getting older, and instead you're getting whinier.
I don't think he was whining. He was just asking a question.