He brings a close to “the big three” on the animation side of things, and he ties in nicely due to his animation supervision work on next year’s new Dragon Ball Z movie, so Tadayoshi Yamamuro certainly makes for a perfect podcast topic.
Yamamuro has served in just about every role someone possibly could on the animation side of things. From starting with in-between animation, moving to key animation, and now serving as essentially the single go-to man for merchandise and other high-profile artwork, Yamamuro has certainly earned his place in the pantheon of Dragon Ball contributors. Where did he actually come from, though, and how did he make his way through the sea of other talented artists?
Episode #0305! VegettoEX and Hujio cover Tadayoshi Yamamuro. Minoru Maeda and Katsuyoshi Nakatusuru may have carried the franchise’s animation a long way, but it has been Yamamuro that not only brought it into its final stretch, but carried its torch onward through the second wave. Where did Yamamuro come from, and how did he make his way through the ranks of other talented artists and animators? Our live audience also helps us answer what everyone’s favorite go-to episodes of the series are to chill out and relax without a huge commitment!
- “Budokai HD Collection” North American Press Release @ Kanzenshuu
- Scriptwriter Yūsuke Watanabe Confirms Movie Timeframe @ Kanzenshuu
- First Dragon Ball Z Movie Teaser Shown at Saikyō V-Jump Festa @ Kanzenshuu
- “Dragon Ball Heroes” Bonuses in This Month’s V-Jump
- Minoru Maeda Profile (Podcast Episode #0291) @ Kanzenshuu
- Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru Profile (Podcast Episode #0299) @ Kanzenshuu
Enjoy! Discuss this episode on the Kanzenshuu forum!