The clock in Japan switched over to a new day just a little bit ago, which means it is — technically speaking, anyway — Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods day!
We have an unbelievable amount of content coming your way as our own Julian (“SaiyaJedi”) makes his way to the theater in the morning, but until then, we certainly have plenty to keep you satiated. To kick things off today, we have another series of interview translations covering the usual range of fluff promotion all the way down to absolutely intriguing behind-the-scenes insight:
- After the special preview screening of the movie at Differ Ariake on 16 March 2013, Toei Animation released a series of statements from various voice cast members and the band FLOW — read our translation!
- In addition to a previous interview with film director Masahiro Hosoda, OKStars conducted another interview with animation director Tadayoshi Yamamuro. Most interesting are the original design concepts behind “Super Saiyan God” as well as God of Destruction, Birus, which were completely changed before the film went into production — read our translation!
- Television program Mandō Kobayashi provided a series of questions to original manga author Akira Toriyama who responded, unfortunately not in person, but with a series of answers in textual form. The questions involved the fate of certain characters after the series ends, his involvement in the movie, and what he would wish for with the Dragon Balls — read our translation!
- The May 2013 issue of GetNavi contains a series of Q&As with voice actress Masako Nozawa, scriptwriter Yūsuke Watanabe, and the band FLOW about their involvement in the movie — read our translation!
- The March/April 2013 issue of CD&DL Data contains an interview with the band FLOW regarding their eighth studio album, FLOW THE MAX!!!, which contains their new song “Hero: Song of Hope” and their cover of “CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA”, both featured in the film Battle of Gods — read our translation!
Enjoy the interviews, be sure to check back into all the material archived on our “Translations” page, and look forward to non-stop Battle of Gods coverage!