As the new film Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods continues to hold steady in theaters, we felt it was proper to continue diving into all of the reference materials coming out these days — guide books, magazine articles, website interviews, etc. — to get a better idea of where the movie actually came from. So many ideas were drafted and tossed out before the final stages of production that we almost have an entirely different story sitting out there in the unused ether. Join us for an in-depth look at some of these ideas and where the story could have taken us!
For those of you who may also wish to refer to this material in text form, the Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods page in our “Movie Guide” has been updated with an “Original Draft/Design Concepts” section which includes a few tidbits we have yet to post in full over in our “Translations” section!
Episode #0329! VegettoEX, Hujio, and Julian dive into a wealth of reference materials for the new film “Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods” and attempt to discover where the film’s story truly came from. While the final result was fantastic, imagine an alternate version with a lizard-esque villain, Super Saiyan God with a cape, a wedding instead of a birthday party, and a far darker story than has ever been told before!
- “Battle of Gods” On Track To Beat 3 Billion Yen Goal
- “Battle of Gods” Passes 500,000 People & ¥680 Million in 2 Days
- “Battle of Gods” Opening Week Figures Update
- 6th “Please Tell Us, Akira Toriyama-sensei!!” Q&A
- 7th “Please Tell Us, Akira Toriyama-sensei!!” Q&A
- “Super Saiyan God Son Goku” Coming to “Zenkai Battle Royale”
- More Updates & Video Coming For “J-Stars Victory Vs” (PS3/Vita)
- “J-Stars Victory Vs” (PS3/Vita) First Commercial
- “Dragon Ball SD” Vol. 1 Release Details
- European Namco-Bandai Teasing New DBZ Announcement?
- “Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission” Fifth-Week Sales
- Upcoming Dragon Ball Releases: April 2013
Enjoy! Discuss this episode on the Kanzenshuu forum.
Does the episode contain movie spoilers?
Not in the most strict sense of “spoilers”. We talk about what the movie is NOT and how it CHANGED from early versions, and that can lead you in a direction to figure out on your own what DOES happen…
Hmm, then it’s okay, I think. Thanks! 🙂