PAGE TOP

Published by VegettoEX
07 July 2013, 6:44 PM EDT

Viz Media announced today during its industry panel at Anime Expo in California that they will be releasing a print edition of the Dragon Ball “Full Color Comics” beginning in February 2014.

Anime News Network’s coverage of the panel notes:

Viz Media will release Dragon Ball Full Color Edition on February 4, 2014 for US$19.99. The volume will be a larger size than regular manga, and will be about the same size as an American graphic novel.

In Japan, Shueisha is currently releasing digital-only versions of the first sixteen volumes of the Dragon Ball manga (and onward) in addition to print editions of the remainder of the series (starting with the Saiyan arc onward). The latest releases are the five volumes of the Freeza arc (released 04 April 2013); no print editions of the Cell and Majin Boo story arcs have been announced as-of-yet.

Viz is currently publishing the “Full Color” edition of the Saiyan arc in their Weekly Shonen Jump digital release with one chapter per week.

8 Comments
  1. BobZ

I wish they didn’t do this. Now I’ll have to buy it. :/

07 July 20136:55 PM EDT
  2. rukura

Yay. More censored Dragon Ball manga from Viz with the same translation from…how many years ago?….with no fixes at all.

07 July 20137:01 PM EDT
  3. fizzer

Well, I guess I’ll have to try selling my Japanese ones now… And my Viz tankobons if this is the whole manga, and it’s uncensored.

07 July 20137:11 PM EDT
  4. Kaboom

You’re running out of chances here, Viz. Don’t go wasting them

07 July 20137:29 PM EDT
  5. Chuquita

I already have the manga, and I won’t double dip on the whole thing, but if they eventually put out the first half, I still might get volumes 15 and 16 just to have the 23rd tournament in color.

07 July 201311:08 PM EDT
  6. jrdemr

Real nice timing, Viz. It’s barely been a week since I started buying the original Tankoubon and the japanese full color edition. Well, since they hasn’t even arrived yet, I guess I could try returning them (just hope customs don’t charge me!).

Anyone know if they’re starting with the very first chapter of the series or with the Z-Era first chapter (#195)?

08 July 20134:01 AM EDT
  7. jrdemr

(Jesus, I remeber I even tried tweeting them about it before buying all of these books, but no answer. Thanks a lot…)

08 July 20134:12 AM EDT
  8. amaranthsparrow

Wonder if the print edition will be the same as the English WSJ edition (which is actually handled by Shuiesha staff), or if it’ll be redone by Viz, with better typesetting and so forth.

11 July 20132:35 AM EDT