While we have a brief moment to catch our breath before the Majin Boo arc of Dragon Ball Kai kicks into high gear, we decided to take a momentary and somewhat random look back at Dragon Ball Z Movie 8. We still have a full podcast episode dissecting Broli (the character, the obsessive fandom, etc.) planned for a little ways down the line, but in the mean time, what made his first movie appearance different from all the others? What does scriptwriter Takao Koyama think about the character, and how did his own personal religious beliefs perhaps come into play in writing the movie’s conclusion?
Episode #0359! VegettoEX and Meri discuss Dragon Ball Z Movie 8 for no particular reason. What makes the first Broli movie different from the others in terms of both story and character development? How do scriptwriter Takao Koyama’s own personal religious beliefs perhaps come into play during the movie’s conclusion? News from across the world (specifically Jaco home release plans) and a look forward to Spring 2014 wrap up the episode!
- “Battle of Z” Best-Selling Digital Vita Game in February 2014
- Pure Majin Boo Absorbs “Kibitoshin” in “Dragon Ball Heroes” JM3
- Viz Announces English “Jaco the Galactic Patrolman” for Jan. 2015
- New “Jaco the Galactic Patrolman” Collected Release Details
- “J-Stars Victory Vs” (JP PS3/Vita) Final Boss Revealed
- Hironobu Kageyama & Masako Nozawa Guests at Kawaii-Kon 2014
- FUNimation DBZ TV Blu-ray Seasons 4-6 Cover Art Sketches
- “Dragon Ball: Ultimate Swipe” Announced (Android/iOS)
- “Battle of Gods” Fuji TV Broadcast Preview Footage
- TRANSLATION – Takao Koyama: “I saw Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods!!” Blog Post
- DISCUSSION – DBZ Movie 8: a “false” attempt at Super Saiyan God?
- DISCUSSION – “Sending Power through Hands” and Cult Religion?
- Dragon Ball Releases Recap: Spring 2014
Enjoy! Discuss this episode on the Kanzenshuu forum.