Dragon Ball XENOVERSE, the latest video game for the franchise from Bandai Namco, has been host to a slew of issues since its launch last month, most notably with regard to network failures. Players are no doubt familiar with loading screens that hang indefinitely, being kicked to the title screen even while in an offline mode, and losing progress due to network drops. Typos and other inconsistencies have also been more than prevalent.
The company plans to release a 1.02 patch for the game today that addresses some of the issues, while at the same time preparing the game for its first downloadable content pack (which itself has yet to be given an official release date):
– Player Match (1v1, 2v2, 3v3) are functioning properly on all platforms. This mode is accessible from ‘Player Match Online’ desk in Toki Toki City.
– Multi Lobbies and Single Lobbies functioning properly on Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 and we are still continuing to work on improvements on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC/Steam.
Please note that your network status can also affect the server connection.
Compatibility Patch 1.02:
– On March 10th, we will release Dragon Ball GT Pack 1 compatibility patches for Playstation 4, Playstation 3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
– This patch will ensure compatibility with the new content of the DLC Pack 1 to be released soon and will improve several issues as you can read below.
– We will have new details regarding the online events in the comings weeks!
To implement this update, we will be conducting server maintenance during the following times:
March 10th 5:30PM to 9:00 PM JST
March 10th 9:30 AM to 1:00 PM CET
March 10th 1:30 AM to 5:00 AM PDT
Full Patch Notes
-Added data for Dragon Ball GT Pack 1
-Fixed English dialog and subtitle inconsistencies
-Fixed issue where “Reversal” evaluation could not be earned in Quests
-Fixed issue where some materials could not be earned in Quests
-Fixed issue where player could not be revived from downed state
-Implemented online event functionality
Dragon Ball XENOVERSE will receive three downloadable content packs. The first, scheduled for release at some point this month, will contain:
3 playable characters: GT Goku, Pan & GT Trunks; 4 Time Patrol quests; 12 Quests; 15 New Special Moves for the players’ avatars; 5 new costumes
Downloadable content packs will be released at a base price of $9.99 per pack, with a season pass available netting players interested in acquiring all three packs a $5 savings at $24.99.
Dragon Ball XENOVERSE — developed by Dimps for Bandai Namco — is the latest video game for the franchise on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. The game was released last month in all territories.