A new line of history books covering Toei Animation’s various series will see its release in Japan 25 March 2016, starting with boys’ (shōnen) and girls’ (shōjo) franchises from the 1980s and 1990s.
The boys’ book is set to contain an interview with Dragon Ball TV series producer Kōzō Morishita and a round-table discussion featuring series director Daisuke Nishio and animator Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru.
Covering Toei Animation’s nostalgic productions, this compact book will take a look back at its popular works from the 1980s and 1990s!
- Talk with “Digimon Adventure” Series Director Hiroyuki Kakudō and Producer Hiromi Seki
- Round-Table Discussion With the 1st Graduating Class of Toei Animation Trainees (Daisuke Nishio, Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Yukio Kaizawa, and others)
- “Saint Seiya” Series Director and “Dragon Ball” Producer Kōzō Morishita Interview
- Toei Animation Ōizumi Studio Feature
- Information and presentations about other popular works
The A4-sized History: Toei Animation 80s~90s BOYS book will retail for ¥1,080 and is currently available for pre-order via CDJapan and Amazon Japan.
Lol, “Digimon Adventure” is 1999+, so they are pretty much totally cheating, but an infobook covering two of my faves at once? I am not complaining.