This week’s show has a few bits of what we do best: expanding some news into a larger topic, and going in-depth to reflect on some of our own processes compared with the franchise’s official English-language release. Tune in for a rundown on various changes (and perhaps even mistakes!) made with characters and names in Dragon Ball Super‘s latest story arc, and stick around for a comparison between our own translation versus Viz’s official translation of the special interview in the manga’s first collected volume.
Episode #0424! Mike and Jake review the latest “Dragon Ball Super” character name developments alongside a quick look back at various production slip-ups and changes. Julian joins for a little inside-baseball chat about translation using Viz’s “Dragon Ball Super” Volume 1 interview as a base. Tune in for all this and a little bit of news recap from the last week!
- NEWS: Second Chapter of dragongarowLEE’s “The Case of Being Reincarnated as Yamcha” Published on Jump+ Digital Platform
- NEWS: WIRED Italia Interview With Toyotarō From Napoli Comicon
- NEWS: “Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X” (JP 3DS) 1st Week Sales
- NEWS: Yuka Komatsu to Voice Caulifla in “Dragon Ball Super”
- TRANSLATION: “Tori-Toyo Interview” Book Version
- “Dragon Ball Super” Manga (Collected Edition) Volume 1 @ Amazon
Enjoy! Discuss this episode on the Kanzenshuu forum, and be sure to connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, and Tumblr.
Our podcast feed is available via iTunes and/or Google Play Music. You can also listen to this episode by directly downloading the MP3, or you can listen on YouTube and/or SoundCloud.