Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2 receives various updates across all platforms today, including a free update alongside the paid “Extra Set 2” downloadable content pack, in addition to the paid “Anime Music Pack” (which was originally made available exclusively in Japan, but makes its way internationally to both Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2 and Dragon Ball FighterZ today).
New Battle Techniques:
- “Limit Burst”: Temporarily increase in strength to get the upper hand in desperate situations
- “Flash Revive”: Sacrifice some HP to resurrect an ally
- Embrace the power of Gods!
- Change the look and skills of your Master!
- Teamwork is the key! Partner with your customized character during quests and adventures
- Special Skills: Unlock the most iconic techniques for all characters
From Master to Partner!
- Get your Friendship level to maximum and turn your Master into a powerful Partner
- Join forces and unleash combined techniques
Cross Ultimate Skill
New online events!
- 2-on-2 battle with your Partner, and other events with new rules are coming your way!
Costumes and Accessories
- New outfits for your Avatar and Partner
Hero Colosseum Features!
9 New Scenarios
88 Additional Figurines
14 Free Battles
and much more!
“Extra Pack 2” includes four new playable characters: Fu (a thus-far-unused character originally developed for Dragon Ball Online), Son Goku (Ultra Instinct), Jiren, and #17 (Dragon Ball Super ver.). Additionally, the pack includes five new parallel quests, eight new skills, and eight new Super Souls along with mentor team-ups and new “Tokipedia” gameplay routes. The pack retails for US $9.99 individually, or with the first “Extra Pack” as the combined “Extra Pack Set” for $16.99. The game’s two “Extra Packs” are not covered by the game’s original “season pass” and must be purchased separately.
The “Anime Music Pack” — originally released in Japan as the “Anison & BGM Pack” — retails for US $14.99 and contains music from the original Japanese version of the franchise’s television series and films. The pack was also made available today for Dragon Ball FighterZ at the same price point; the packs are separate purchases, and no discounts appear to be available for purchasing both a la their Japanese rollout.
- 魔訶不思議アドベンチャー！ (“Mystical Adventure!”)
opening theme to the Dragon Ball TV series by Hiroki Takahashi
- ロマンティックあげるよ (“I’ll Give You Romance”)
ending theme to the Dragon Ball TV series by Ushio Hashimoto
- CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA
first opening theme to the Dragon Ball Z TV series by Hironobu Kageyama; 2013 FLOW version used in-game
- WE GOTTA POWER
second opening theme to the Dragon Ball Z TV series by Hironobu Kageyama
- でてこいとびきりZENKAIパワー！ (“Come Out, Incredible ZENKAI Power!”)
first ending theme to the Dragon Ball Z TV series by MANNA
- 僕達は天使だった (“We Were Angels”)
second ending theme to the Dragon Ball Z TV series by Hironobu Kageyama
- DAN DAN 心魅かれてく (“Bit by Bit, You’re Charming My Heart”)
opening theme to the Dragon Ball GT TV series by Field of View
- プロローグ&サブタイトルI (“Prologue & Subtitle 1”)
first episode recap and title card music from the Dragon Ball Z TV series by Shunsuke Kikuchi
- ニューヒーロー登場 (“A New Hero is Born”)
Dragon Ball Z TV series Boo-era background music by Shunsuke Kikuchi
- ソリッドステート・スカウター (“Solid State Scouter”)
Bardock Dragon Ball Z TV special insert song by Dragon Magic Orchestra
- 恐怖のギニュー特戦隊 (“The Fearsome Ginyu Special Force”)
Freeza-era Dragon Ball Z TV series background music by Shunsuke Kikuchi
Developed by Dimps for Bandai Namco, Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2 is available worldwide for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC (via Steam), and Switch. In North America, the game launched for consoles 25 October 2016 with a PC release following 28 October 2016. In Europe, the game launched across all platforms 28 October 2016. In Japan, the game launched on the PlayStation 4 console 02 November 2016. The Nintendo Switch port was released in Japan and internationally in September 2017.