Search found 3563 matches

by KBABZ
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:21 am
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Toei Animation celebrates 30 years of DragonBall Z with new licensing deals, products and events!
Replies: 94
Views: 10503

Re: Toei Animation celebrates 30 years of DragonBall Z with new licensing deals, products and events!

Thought I'd bump this thread up. I got an email from Amazon saying that the release date for "Dragon Ball: A Visual History" has changed to a October 30th - November 4th bracket.
by KBABZ
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:54 pm
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Vic Mignogna
Replies: 4016
Views: 167781

Re: Vic Mignogna

(And for what it's worth, if anyone does like Duck Dynasty, that's fine, I have no umbridge towards you. But living where I do, you usually find yourself tired of the "celebrity rednick" motif pretty quickly.) I'm just tired of people with beards crossing their arms on Discovery Channel promo pictu...
by KBABZ
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:52 pm
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Can we consider Piccolo Daimao and Piccolo Jr the same person?
Replies: 207
Views: 2354

Re: Can we consider Piccolo Daimao and Piccolo Jr the same person?

What's the middle ground? Either Piccolo Jr. is both or he's only the son. By middle-ground I meant on a discussion level. At a certain point you have to realize that a debate isn't getting any ground on either side and you just have to agree to disagree. Not consistently shove your two pieces of e...
by KBABZ
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:03 pm
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Can we consider Piccolo Daimao and Piccolo Jr the same person?
Replies: 207
Views: 2354

Re: Can we consider Piccolo Daimao and Piccolo Jr the same person?

Every time someone shows an evidence of Piccolo Jr and Daimao being the same, you say some excuse , it's hard to take you seriously. Are you joking with me right now? You do the exact same thing! There's no middle-ground or acceptance on this subject for you, it's your way or the highway and you've...
by KBABZ
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:54 pm
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Vic Mignogna
Replies: 4016
Views: 167781

Re: Vic Mignogna

In the latest chapter of "Nick Rekieta and Ty Beard Don't Know What The Fuck They're Doing," Rekieta got a C&D from Duck Dynasty over infringement regarding his "Fear the Beard" merchandise. You can't make this shit up. And thus marks Duck Dynasty's first-ever mention on a Dragon Ball website and i...
by KBABZ
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:13 pm
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Can we consider Piccolo Daimao and Piccolo Jr the same person?
Replies: 207
Views: 2354

Re: Can we consider Piccolo Daimao and Piccolo Jr the same person?

"Cannot be compared to him whom you fought three years ago"? Well, anyways, Piccolo Jr is referring to Daimao as himself too, so thanks for proving my point Thanks for completely ignoring the reveal that you were using a fan translation as evidence this entire time. I showed you this, which is from...
by KBABZ
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:18 am
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Vic Mignogna
Replies: 4016
Views: 167781

Re: Vic Mignogna

Wow, that makes three of us! We should start a club or something. Four of us now :D Five. I probably have Asperger's as well. Actually, one psychiatrist (of several) simply gave up on my case. There are probably a dozen others on Kanzenshuu . It makes sense given how fixated and detail-oriented we ...
by KBABZ
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:01 am
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: How many series exist for you?
Replies: 114
Views: 1203

Re: How many series exist for you?

there is enough darkness and brutality behind them to justify their inclusion in the Z-era. Because as we all know, you have to be dark and brutal in order to make it as a Z-era villain. :problem: Pretty much, yeah. I mean, you don't see the likes of Pilaf and them popping up in DBZ. Good grief I w...
by KBABZ
Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:52 am
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: How many series exist for you?
Replies: 114
Views: 1203

Re: How many series exist for you?

MyVisionity wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:29 am
there is enough darkness and brutality behind them to justify their inclusion in the Z-era.
Because as we all know, you have to be dark and brutal in order to make it as a Z-era villain. :problem:
by KBABZ
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:30 am
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: How many series exist for you?
Replies: 114
Views: 1203

Re: How many series exist for you?

Tai Lung wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:08 am
Ginyu force is moderate
Image
Image
Image
Tai Lung wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:08 am
moderate
by KBABZ
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:21 am
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Can we consider Piccolo Daimao and Piccolo Jr the same person?
Replies: 207
Views: 2354

Re: Can we consider Piccolo Daimao and Piccolo Jr the same person?

Looks to me as if Piccolo_Daima is just repeatedly regurgitating his same argument in the thread as to Piccolo Daimao's and Jr's connection and going in circles with a fan translated version that is not officially recognized and proven inaccurate as evidence. Fan translations/scanlations do not tru...
by KBABZ
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:35 pm
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Another Misconception Regarding Piccolo
Replies: 15
Views: 348

Re: Another Misconception Regarding Piccolo

Lol, I love how they feared him at first and now the Kaioshin is pretty much at the mercy of half of the principle cast at this point. He did have a hell of an introduction. There was an aura about him that the character never lived up to. Yeah, it was a cool intro. He's just kind of adorable now. ...
by KBABZ
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:01 pm
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Can we consider Piccolo Daimao and Piccolo Jr the same person?
Replies: 207
Views: 2354

Re: Can we consider Piccolo Daimao and Piccolo Jr the same person?

Piccolo_Daima wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:16 pm
"Cannot be compared to him whom you fought three years ago"?

Well, anyways, Piccolo Jr is referring to Daimao as himself too, so thanks for proving my point
Thanks for completely ignoring the reveal that you were using a fan translation as evidence this entire time.
by KBABZ
Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:55 am
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Can we consider Piccolo Daimao and Piccolo Jr the same person?
Replies: 207
Views: 2354

Re: Can we consider Piccolo Daimao and Piccolo Jr the same person?

What about this? Piccolo refers to Daimao as himself, by telling Goku that he's stronger than he was three years ago when they fought. https://i.gyazo.com/70d514eaf7e895f5e7a942a12661c63d.png Probably because I already explained that the translation is not the same as ViZ's. This is from VIZ, if yo...
by KBABZ
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:48 am
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Vic Mignogna
Replies: 4016
Views: 167781

Re: Vic Mignogna

Somehow I only just now saw the pic of Vic's lawyer signing autographs at the convention. That's...that's just sad. Like, even if you're fully on the side of Vic, why on Earth would you want an autographed picture of his lawyer ?! I mean, I'm not shitting on lawyers in general or anything but...tha...
by KBABZ
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:49 am
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Vic Mignogna
Replies: 4016
Views: 167781

Re: Vic Mignogna

Honestly, this would've all worked out better for him if he'd just done what he said when he first tweeted about getting help and working on himself. Not to be too snarky, but this would've all worked out better for him if he'd just done what he said about getting help and working on himself when h...
by KBABZ
Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:54 pm
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Can we consider Piccolo Daimao and Piccolo Jr the same person?
Replies: 207
Views: 2354

Re: Can we consider Piccolo Daimao and Piccolo Jr the same person?

Piccolo_Daima wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:43 pm
What about this? Piccolo refers to Daimao as himself, by telling Goku that he's stronger than he was three years ago when they fought.
Probably because I already explained that the translation is not the same as ViZ's.
by KBABZ
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:48 am
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Comparison shots from every single DBZ release
Replies: 99
Views: 5371

Re: Comparison shots from every single DBZ release

With regard to the grain removal, I can kind of see their logic. When you put pen to paper, you don't expect there to be grain, dirt, and dust. New animes certainly don't have that; they're very clean and streamlined. So with that in mind, I don't really see the necessity for grain (I mean as long ...
by KBABZ
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:07 am
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Vic Mignogna
Replies: 4016
Views: 167781

Re: Vic Mignogna

Paulo Gabriel wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:31 am
Fionordequester wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:24 am
If he or his wife were sterile, that would've likely come up before he even thought of having children 7 years down the line.
He has ED. Sorry, you asked for it.
In before the "well that explains everything!" comments.
by KBABZ
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:06 am
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Comparison shots from every single DBZ release
Replies: 99
Views: 5371

Re: Comparison shots from every single DBZ release

So, I've gone ahead and compiled images of every US release of Dragon Ball Z for comparison purposes. I'm using the "raw" and 30th anniversary images from the link provided earlier, as references. Now, for the Pioneer singles and the Rock the Dragon set, that particular scene did not exist; it was ...