Search found 3489 matches

by Cetra
Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:04 pm
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: Is Super Saiyan God the next "canonical" SSj4?
Replies: 117
Views: 10695

Re: Is super saiyan God the next "Canon" SSj4?

... and stuff does not appear in the source material is not view as canon to most anime/manga franchises unless stated otherwise. Not, it's not. Canon and non-canon are both official states that need to be declared by someone who has the right to do. And for Dragon Ball that does not happen. So non...
by Cetra
Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:22 am
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: As Villains go how can they top a God of Destruction?
Replies: 173
Views: 15399

Re: As Villains go how can they top a God of Destruction?

Saying it's not apart of the main story is pretty much no different from saying it isn't canon. Manga writers don't go around saying what is and what isn't canon. Yes, it is. "Main story" just describes a certain path of something that is told with the most focus. A sidestory can also be a canonica...
by Cetra
Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:54 am
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: As Villains go how can they top a God of Destruction?
Replies: 173
Views: 15399

Re: As Villains go how can they top a God of Destruction?

Bullza wrote: The movies just like GT are in no way at all canon.
Law proves you wrong.
by Cetra
Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:52 am
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: How strong is Base Vegetto?
Replies: 269
Views: 16113

Re: How strong is Base Vegetto?

xmysticgohanx wrote: What makes you think he did?
I didn't say he did, I said he can and since he knows a bit about Vegeta it is a possible explanation.
by Cetra
Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:41 pm
Forum: Fan-Created Works
Topic: Sexy Fan Art Thread (No porn!)
Replies: 6695
Views: 1384621

Re: Sexy Fan Art Thread (No porn!)

Yamchu that lucky bastard. And everyone thought he was losing all the time. He and Kuririn won after all.
by Cetra
Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:34 pm
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: How strong is Base Vegetto?
Replies: 269
Views: 16113

Re: How strong is Base Vegetto?

RandomGuy96 wrote:That doesn't make any sense. He'd have to know their entire history to make that deduction. He has no idea who Vegeta is.
Read my post again. I edited it.
by Cetra
Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:31 pm
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: How strong is Base Vegetto?
Replies: 269
Views: 16113

Re: How strong is Base Vegetto?

Actually, it pretty much HAS to be referring to them being rivals in power, because Old Kai doesn't know Vegeta's personality. Old Kai can see whatever he wants (that perv) as we know so he can watch them. He watched them after the fusion and probably also during their argument. Also Kaioshins can ...
by Cetra
Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:30 pm
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: Is Super Saiyan God the next "canonical" SSj4?
Replies: 117
Views: 10695

Re: Is super saiyan God the next "Canon" SSj4?

Many things he wrote are based on what his assistant said to him. Are Cyborg 17 and 18 or Cell's short 2nd form screentime also not canon then because it was not his idea but accepted by him like GT?
by Cetra
Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:02 pm
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: Is Super Saiyan God the next "canonical" SSj4?
Replies: 117
Views: 10695

Re: Is super saiyan God the next "Canon" SSj4?

AT does not care about GT and DBZ Movie 1 - 13 since it had nothing to do with them other then most of the character designs. In DBO, GT never happen since Piccolo is still alive and Buu never fused with Ubb. Akira Toriyama did more than that, he even gave some story ideas (some, Aya Matsui was act...
by Cetra
Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:59 pm
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: How strong is Base Vegetto?
Replies: 269
Views: 16113

Re: How strong is Base Vegetto?

Potara = Unknown (Rival Boost if fusee's are rivals). I disagree about the "rival boost". Rou Kaioshin's comment always sounded like he meant that since they are rivals, they are equals, and more compatible. I am sure it means perfect warrior in both ways, the strongest (even stronger than Gokhan w...
by Cetra
Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:39 am
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: As Villains go how can they top a God of Destruction?
Replies: 173
Views: 15399

Re: As Villains go how can they top a God of Destruction?

Its always fascinating to see fans trying to justify their comment with some logic that does not exist in the fictional universe they are talking about - or logic that is also not followed in our universe because of humans being fallible. Akira Toriyama does not think about every single element that...
by Cetra
Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:18 am
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: As Villains go how can they top a God of Destruction?
Replies: 173
Views: 15399

Re: As Villains go how can they top a God of Destruction?

Bullza wrote: Well there is a canon ...
No, there is not. Canonicity is defined by legal owners of a brand, so both the states "canonical" and "not-canonical" and that does not happen in Dragon Ball. It is undefined. Only a few things are self-explanatory.
by Cetra
Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:37 am
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: As Villains go how can they top a God of Destruction?
Replies: 173
Views: 15399

Re: As Villains go how can they top a God of Destruction?

Bullza wrote:... not to mention the fact that nearly all of them weren't even canon.
Now that is no problem in Dragon Ball.

However, normally ginormous enemies in Dragon Ball are shown to say size does not necessarily matter as there are others which are stronger. Only a few are an exception.
by Cetra
Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:22 am
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: As Villains go how can they top a God of Destruction?
Replies: 173
Views: 15399

Re: As Villains go how can they top a God of Destruction?

DBZGTKOSDH wrote: He had a giant from Attack of Titan as an example.
I don't know if that's his actual idea or really just one example. In Marvel vs Capcom the size-relations for the character and Galactus also do not fit.
by Cetra
Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:54 am
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: As Villains go how can they top a God of Destruction?
Replies: 173
Views: 15399

Re: As Villains go how can they top a God of Destruction?

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:We've had plenty of giant villains: Giant Piccolo, Oozaru Vegeta, Giant Slug, Core Metal Coola, Giant Hildegarn, Giant Bio-Broli, Hildegarn, Lood, Oozaru Baby, and Qi Xing Long.
I think he probably means something like Galactus dimensions.
by Cetra
Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:52 am
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: Why Goku should be Asian (in a live action adaptation)
Replies: 25
Views: 4663

Re: Why Goku should be Asian (in a live action adaptation)

I think Goku should be Chinese if we go for the Origins of the Origins. Goku himself does not look very Asian, however.
by Cetra
Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:39 am
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: How strong is Base Vegetto?
Replies: 269
Views: 16113

Re: How strong is Base Vegetto?

I never was convinced by the multipliers. I think every transformation is just made with the thought "he is now even stronger than before". Ultimate Boo probably was around the Saiyajin-power up Baby level, that was only shown for a few seconds before he used the first Revenge Death Ball (the one wh...
by Cetra
Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:16 am
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: Is Super Saiyan God the next "canonical" SSj4?
Replies: 117
Views: 10695

Re: Is super saiyan God the next "Canon" SSj4?

I guess that explains GT Goku=SSJ3Goku in buu arc.... Really the only plothole for GT and BoG is Pilaf and when it comes to that there are like 15 years between them. There could always be a second wish that failed or the first wish had some side effect they did not want or whatever. Maybe we actua...
by Cetra
Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:04 am
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: How strong is Base Vegetto?
Replies: 269
Views: 16113

Re: How strong is Base Vegetto?

Considering Vegeto stands for absolute perfection (sorry, Cell) with that rival harmony resulting in the ultimate warrior I would say he is in any form stronger than the Demonic Entity Boo. Even if he does not go all out in his base form and then transforms instead to completely destroy him. On the ...
by Cetra
Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:53 am
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: Is Super Saiyan God the next "canonical" SSj4?
Replies: 117
Views: 10695

Re: Is super saiyan God the next "Canon" SSj4?

I see no problem with Goku being a Super Saiyajin God in GT. Maybe he made it his "Ultimate Gohan" form but without even powering up. Akira Toriyama said, he absorbed the power but he did not exactly say how, so maybe after that instant transformation to absorb Beerus' attack he does never again nee...