Search found 231 matches

by Melee_Sovereign
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:50 pm
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Non-thread-worthy discussions
Replies: 3321
Views: 213996

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Not sure if this thread is the right place to ask this, but does anyone know if the idea of Gods of Destruction has been used/found in anything outside of Dragon Ball, be-it other works of fiction, or mythology? I know that Shiva in Hinduism is considered a God of Destruction (among other things), b...
by Melee_Sovereign
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:30 pm
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: Why did Super Boo reverted to Kid Boo instead of Grey Skinny Boo after Good Boo was torn out from inside?
Replies: 61
Views: 5830

Re: Why did Super Boo reverted to Kid Boo instead of Grey Skinny Boo after Good Boo was torn out from inside?

Kid Buu is the purest form of Buu. He's the Buu without any influence from Daikaioshin. When Fat Buu was ripped out of Super Buu, the influence of Daikaioshin was separated, which is how we got Kid Buu again. The Grey Skinny Buu emerged simply because Fat Buu's good side and evil side split into two...
by Melee_Sovereign
Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:09 pm
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: Skill and Intelligence in Dragonball is highly overrated
Replies: 38
Views: 4657

Re: Skill and Intelligence in Dragonball is highly overrated

In terms of combat, Whis is pretty damn smart.
by Melee_Sovereign
Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:50 am
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Return of Brutal fights in dragon ball super 2
Replies: 16
Views: 1140

Re: Return of Brutal fights in dragon ball super 2

All I want is blood to come back.
by Melee_Sovereign
Fri May 31, 2019 4:03 pm
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Non-thread-worthy discussions
Replies: 3321
Views: 213996

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Then again, their universe did have a Yardrat, which throws a wrench in the twin universe system. I suppose it's possible that Yardrats are U2 natives that have migrated to U7 at some point. Or this individual Yardrat immigrated to U2. If Yardrats are really masters of teleportation, then I suppose...
by Melee_Sovereign
Thu May 30, 2019 8:31 pm
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Non-thread-worthy discussions
Replies: 3321
Views: 213996

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Are the magical girls of U2 humans?
by Melee_Sovereign
Thu May 30, 2019 8:02 pm
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: DB's ending
Replies: 79
Views: 2754

Re: DB's ending

Chuquita wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 10:48 pm

Beerus and Whis are essentially the Mom and Dad in the room
So who's the mom and who's the dad? :lol:
by Melee_Sovereign
Thu May 30, 2019 7:52 pm
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: DB's ending
Replies: 79
Views: 2754

Re: DB's ending

DB's current canon should definitely end at some point, but it doesn't necessarily mean the franchise as a whole should end. I still think DB has a lot of untapped potential.
by Melee_Sovereign
Thu May 30, 2019 6:17 pm
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Unpopular DB opinions
Replies: 11803
Views: 603074

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

WittyUsername wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 6:06 pm

It’s overall a pretty silly martial arts story where the main character is a complete goof.
I don't think I'd ever describe characters getting beaten to a bloody pulp as silly martial arts. Main character being a goof, doesn't mean the content of his setting isn't dark.
by Melee_Sovereign
Thu May 30, 2019 5:51 pm
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Unpopular DB opinions
Replies: 11803
Views: 603074

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

But your argument doesn't. It doesn't even touch on it. My argument is like yours. DB has portions of darkness, seriousness etc... and I say it's fairly dark. DB has portions of light-hearted humor and you say it's humorous. I didn't claim that, and I don't know how you can honestly claim that's wh...
by Melee_Sovereign
Thu May 30, 2019 5:28 pm
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Unpopular DB opinions
Replies: 11803
Views: 603074

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

If you don't take into consideration the entirety of the work, your opinion is worthless. But I did take into consideration the entirety of the work. What about the portion of the story that's literally a gag manga? So you admit that it's a "portion". What about the arcs that are adventures with he...
by Melee_Sovereign
Thu May 30, 2019 5:06 pm
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Am I The Only DB Fan Who Likes Jiren?
Replies: 43
Views: 2157

Re: Am I The Only DB Fan Who Likes Jiren?

I think he looks cool.
by Melee_Sovereign
Thu May 30, 2019 3:34 pm
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Unpopular DB opinions
Replies: 11803
Views: 603074

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

If someone asked me if I thought DB was funny, I would say yes. Your answer is just that. Your answer. It's not the answer. If someone asked if it was dark, I would say "there are darker stretches, but overall, it's a fairly light hearted, silly show with a lot of action". It's wrong to say it's "f...
by Melee_Sovereign
Thu May 30, 2019 2:56 pm
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Does DBS Have Replay Value Comparable To DB/DBZ?
Replies: 15
Views: 1008

Re: Does DBS Have Replay Value Comparable To DB/DBZ?

I've been rewatching DBS via the dubbed version, and I feel overall far less excited for it.
by Melee_Sovereign
Thu May 30, 2019 2:32 pm
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Unpopular DB opinions
Replies: 11803
Views: 603074

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

ABED wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 2:22 pm

Why wouldn't you include the rest of the story as part of your argument?
Because I also don't do that to label DB as funny. And neither do you, for that matter. So I say, keep the criteria consistent (or better yet, nonrestrictive) for all offhand adjectives.
by Melee_Sovereign
Thu May 30, 2019 2:09 pm
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: If Ki Increases In Density As Fighters Continue To Train & Grow...
Replies: 6
Views: 362

Re: If Ki Increases In Density As Fighters Continue To Train & Grow...

Are you expecting ki to generate gravity or inertia? Since it's basically a made up phenomenon, we can say it doesn't do these things simply because it doesn't.

Although, it does seem like it can grant people inertia at times.
by Melee_Sovereign
Thu May 30, 2019 1:49 pm
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Unpopular DB opinions
Replies: 11803
Views: 603074

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

ABED wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:24 pm

Your argument doesn't.
Yes it does. It's just that my criteria isn't as demanding as yours.
by Melee_Sovereign
Thu May 30, 2019 12:56 pm
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Unpopular DB opinions
Replies: 11803
Views: 603074

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

Depends on the context. If I agree, like in the case of Breaking Bad being funny, I'm less inclined to ask why. And if you disagree? If you say DB if hilarious, I don't think you'll get much push back. And interestingly enough, it's also only "funny" in portions, just like its dark element. Yet, th...
by Melee_Sovereign
Thu May 30, 2019 12:45 pm
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Unpopular DB opinions
Replies: 11803
Views: 603074

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 12:42 pm
Melee_Sovereign wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 12:38 pm
Do you need that "thesis" be proven?
If you claim something (thesis) the burden of proof falls on you.
Seriously? What proof is needed to simply saying a show is funny?
by Melee_Sovereign
Thu May 30, 2019 12:38 pm
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Unpopular DB opinions
Replies: 11803
Views: 603074

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

A thesis is just a point you're trying to prove! I assume saying "Breaking Bad is funny" is the thesis. Do you need that "thesis" be proven? If your argument amounts dropping a lot of context or doesn't take into account the full scope of the story, then I can safely say you don't have an informed ...