Search found 3701 matches

by PFM18
Thu May 02, 2019 6:35 pm
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Unpopular DB opinions
Replies: 12360
Views: 688350

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

It's funny how the FT arc is retroactively a predictable arc when almost nobody correctly predicted it as it came out. I did. Most of the “surprises” I could tell from a mile away. I highly doubt it. But even if you did, people are still looking at the predictability in hindsight. It was very much ...
by PFM18
Thu May 02, 2019 2:24 am
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Unpopular DB opinions
Replies: 12360
Views: 688350

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

It's funny how the FT arc is retroactively a predictable arc when almost nobody correctly predicted it as it came out.
by PFM18
Thu May 02, 2019 2:15 am
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread
Replies: 31271
Views: 1669828

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

3. No that's still your assumption from that scene. I know for a fact that it's not what people see because at the time people actually did think Ribrianne was about as strong as Android 17. Nobody at the time was mentioning the things that you're mentioning. It was only after when Ribrianne fought...
by PFM18
Wed May 01, 2019 3:20 pm
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread
Replies: 31271
Views: 1669828

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

ruler9871 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 2:01 pm
ZombieVito wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:44 pm

Goku literally fought someone 100 times or so stronger than him with pure skill alone.
When did that ever happen?
SSJ2 Caulifla vs Base Goku
by PFM18
Wed May 01, 2019 12:16 am
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread
Replies: 31271
Views: 1669828

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

People will start saying "you are wrong because it is a SSJG with SSJ stacked on it and Goku said so", but do we realy interpret that definition correctly? I think so, at least in the anime. (And I don't really care for the manga personally) In the Kefla vs Goku fight, the Goku's SSG->SSB increase ...
by PFM18
Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:01 pm
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread
Replies: 1883
Views: 221879

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

sintzu wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:57 pm
PFM18 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:25 pm
I certainly think it would be fitting for them to announce Super 2.0 on Goku day AKA May 9th.
It's Piccolo day.
Dude, it is both. Christ, we already had this exact conversation.
by PFM18
Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:25 pm
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread
Replies: 1883
Views: 221879

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Weird. I saw something about an event happening on May 9th. It's related to Heroes but it has Shintani's art direction. It's either an announcement for 2.0, something related to Heroes' promotional anime or something for a potential update/mobile game. https://i.imgtc.com/ubumBdS.jpg At this point ...
by PFM18
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:48 pm
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread
Replies: 31271
Views: 1669828

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

People will start saying "you are wrong because it is a SSJG with SSJ stacked on it and Goku said so", but do we realy interpret that definition correctly? I think so, at least in the anime. (And I don't really care for the manga personally) In the Kefla vs Goku fight, the Goku's SSG->SSB increase ...
by PFM18
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:53 pm
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread
Replies: 31271
Views: 1669828

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Bullza wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:09 pm
DBZ Macky wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:47 am
What do you guys think?
I think that's a very large gap between God of Destruction Beerus and God of Destruction Toppo.
As there should be
by PFM18
Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:19 pm
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread
Replies: 1883
Views: 221879

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:17 pm
Hol up, give it about 40 minutes to wait and see if DBS gets announced for a return for today.
.....and it's been over 40 minutes right?
by PFM18
Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:10 pm
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Unpopular DB opinions
Replies: 12360
Views: 688350

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

I don't think it's merely admitting he doesn't hate Goku. It's deeper than that. It's Vegeta admitting outloud and to himself that Goku is better than him, but admitting it is no longer an afront to his very being, he's just acknowledging someone being a superior fighter. Nothing in this epiphany s...
by PFM18
Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:08 pm
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread
Replies: 31655
Views: 2364963

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

So, after seeing Ssj Caulifla holding her own against Golden Freeza, Ssj Berserker Kale slaughtering half the fighters during the ToP and then losing to the weakest Pride Troopers, Ssj Kefla losing to Gohan and freaking Muten Roshi dodging freaking Jiren's punches, we have a new low, ladies and gen...
by PFM18
Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:06 pm
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread
Replies: 1883
Views: 221879

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Fixed ....it's both dude. If by the end of August there's no announcement then...Panic. I just can't see them waiting so long unless there was some behind the scenes problems going on. Broly made a lot of $$$ so you'd think they would try to take advantage of that. By August, we already would be aw...
by PFM18
Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:54 pm
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread
Replies: 1883
Views: 221879

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

I'm surprised this hasn't made his way to this topic until now, last April 23th Toei clearly teased the return of the anime via Twitter : https://mobile.twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/status/1120739639579381761 They're just having you guess DBS for some sort of trivia reason or something, rather than a ...
by PFM18
Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:50 pm
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread
Replies: 31271
Views: 1669828

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

UI Goku (2nd Omen) - 75 SS2 Kefla - 60 I disagree with this. They should be even, Goku only won because he had the advantage of improved reactions from Ultra Instinct. Kefla didn't actually get damaged too much by Goku's punches, and it was stated that had Kefa's Final Weapon connected, it could ha...
by PFM18
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:16 am
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread
Replies: 31271
Views: 1669828

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Where do people place Super Saiyan Royal Blue Vegeta compared to the three different times Goku used Ultra Instinct Omen? He wouldn't be as strong as the final Ultra Instinct Omen that began to overpower Jiren obviously but was he superior to the second time it was used against Kefla? He beat God o...
by PFM18
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:56 am
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Is DBS: Broly overrated?
Replies: 87
Views: 31296

Re: Is DBS: Broly overrated?

Nagamine was the director of One Piece Film Z and most CGI scenes were totally redesigned in 2D so it didn't look jarring. I don't know why they didn't do the same here. Both BOG and RF had CGI as well so maybe it's kept on purpose. Mybe someone thinks it looks good ? Yeah, I believe DBS Broly to b...
by PFM18
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:40 am
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Unpopular DB opinions
Replies: 12360
Views: 688350

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

Dragon Ball > Marvel And before anyone asks, no this is not about power scaling but rather the stories and characterization. I would imagine most people agree considering this is a forum for hardcore DB fans. I certainly agree with this. Vegeta is a little different. I don't agree with the people t...
by PFM18
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:41 am
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread
Replies: 31271
Views: 1669828

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

It was explained that Vegeta perfected Goku's red and blue switch technique where he could exert the full power of blue in bursts and not waste any power against Rose. Your dislike for the manga isn't going to change the facts of it's story coherency on this. Your still ignoring the plot. Trunks be...
by PFM18
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:26 am
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread
Replies: 31271
Views: 1669828

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

1. Base Black was stated to have become much stronger at that point than he was when he fought SSJ2 Goku. Not an inconsistency. It's still not consistent with Vegeta being able to catch SSJ Rose Black's punch in the same episode. If Base Black>SSB Vegeta were true, then he should have been instantl...