Search found 549 matches

by Sadala Elite
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:35 am
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: The original DB Manga and anime adaptations don’t reflect their era much
Replies: 18
Views: 546

Re: The original DB Manga and anime adaptations don’t reflect their era much

Early DB/Saiyan saga is very 80s anime aesthetically

The art style of the Buu saga anime reflects the mid/late 90s style a lot.
by Sadala Elite
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:19 am
Forum: Fan-Created Works
Topic: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 8/3/20!)
Replies: 2060
Views: 260307

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 7/6/20!)

I prefer Buu arc Trunks; he actually has a a personality. Not only is Vegeta undefeated against Goku, but his son is undefeated against Goku's son. :lol: Future Trunks has a personality. It's just more reserved & different from main timeline Trunks'. He's also far less annoying and obnoxious than K...
by Sadala Elite
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:03 am
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread
Replies: 32289
Views: 1808623

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Your assumption is completely baseless headcanon If you say so. I still don't see any proof in the statement that for fusion "base form always exceeds the strongest form." (Gogeta also contradicts that since Goku has Ultra Instinct lol) Strongest natural form. Kaioken and UI obviously don't count. ...
by Sadala Elite
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:43 am
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Toriyama's Dragon Ball Super ideas
Replies: 51
Views: 1368

Re: Toriyama's Dragon Ball Super ideas

Dragon Wukong wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:57 pm
Sadala Elite wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:41 pm
Image
Sure would've been nice if you posted the actual translation of the magazine, rather than someone's interpretation of it.
Image
by Sadala Elite
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:49 pm
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
Replies: 35140
Views: 1680855

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Current UI Omen Goku vs Full Power Broly

Base Gotenks (Post-Rosat) vs Android 16

Base Vegito (Black arc) vs Android 17 (ToP anime)

SSJ1 Broly (DBS) vs SSJ2 Kefla

Base Gogeta (Early Android arc) vs Semi-Perfect Cell
by Sadala Elite
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:41 pm
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Toriyama's Dragon Ball Super ideas
Replies: 51
Views: 1368

Re: Toriyama's Dragon Ball Super ideas

Dragon Wukong wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:23 pm
Sadala Elite wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:07 pm
That's because in the anime version, SSJ Rose is Black's version of SSJ1, unlike in the manga where its his version of SSB.
This isn't ever actually stated. I tried looking for it but never found it.

Image
by Sadala Elite
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:39 pm
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread
Replies: 32289
Views: 1808623

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Goku said he never imagined that a realm of power like the Super Saiyan God could exist, and he could certainly imagine how strong a hypothetical Vegetto would be at his maximum strength (SSJ3 Vegetto). The point was really that the SSG was a level of power above anything DBZ could provide, or at l...
by Sadala Elite
Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:10 pm
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread
Replies: 32289
Views: 1808623

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

The fact that Goku is half-Vegito (and knew full well what Buu arc Vegito was capable of) and well as the fact that Goku was more confident about his chances against Beerus with SSG than he was with fusion, points to BoG SSG Goku >> SSJ3 Vegito (Buu arc). Plus, SSG was flat out stated in-universe (...
by Sadala Elite
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:12 pm
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Toriyama's Dragon Ball Super ideas
Replies: 51
Views: 1368

Re: Toriyama's Dragon Ball Super ideas

What's up with TOEI and Toyotaro or even Toriyama himself not releasing plot outlines to the public? They should display them in a Dragonball Super guide book or interview. Probably because a strict outline never actually existed and its really just Toriyama brainstorming ideas then forgetting abou...
by Sadala Elite
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:07 pm
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Toriyama's Dragon Ball Super ideas
Replies: 51
Views: 1368

Re: Toriyama's Dragon Ball Super ideas

Matches Malone wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:06 am
Toriyama gave Black a ssj1 form, but it never made it in the anime, just the manga.
That's because in the anime version, SSJ Rose is Black's version of SSJ1, unlike in the manga where its his version of SSB.
by Sadala Elite
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:04 pm
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: When/if series moves past EoZ, what things do you think are going to happen?
Replies: 11
Views: 355

Re: When/if series moves past EoZ, what things do you think are going to happen?

I hope they focus on the characters from Universe 6 with Goku and Vegeta! I don't see the point of focusing on Uub, Pan and Bra in universe 7 when there is Goku and Vegeta in universe 7! I need more character development outside the Goku and Vegeta family. Yes. It would be cool if Cabba, Kale and C...
by Sadala Elite
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:00 pm
Forum: In-Universe Discussion
Topic: Asking Takao Koyama
Replies: 21
Views: 736

Re: Asking Takao Koyama

One thing people seem to forget is that Koyama is the actual writer of all 13 Z movies (meaning that he did the power-scaling) and he has flat out stated that intended Z-Broly to be strongest Pre-BoG character in the franchise and never intended Janemba & Hirudegarn to be stronger than him. Another ...
by Sadala Elite
Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:49 pm
Forum: Fan-Created Works
Topic: Fan Works Explosion
Replies: 14608
Views: 1497389

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:02 pm
Image
I wish Toriyama re-used this design for the Black arc. WTF was he thinking redesigning him as all frail and weak looking smh?
by Sadala Elite
Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:47 pm
Forum: Fan-Created Works
Topic: Fan Works Explosion
Replies: 14608
Views: 1497389

Re: Fan Works Explosion

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EIVYhmZWkAU3m6n.jpg https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/f37299dc-8c46-4ce7-895f-cab996fb8c9f/ddj919q-421dc93b-645a-4602-bd1f-33050fe211e8.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0...
by Sadala Elite
Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:42 pm
Forum: Fan-Created Works
Topic: Sexy Fan Art Thread (No porn!)
Replies: 6559
Views: 1256613

Re: Sexy Fan Art Thread (No porn!)

Image
Image
Image
by Sadala Elite
Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:40 pm
Forum: Dragon Ball Super
Topic: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread
Replies: 32289
Views: 1808623

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

I have no reason to believe SSG was ever stronger than fusion honestly. It was only ever said fusion wouldn't be enough to beat Beerus. Ultimately, SSG ended up not being enough either. The fact that Goku is half-Vegito (and knew full well what Buu arc Vegito was capable of) and well as the fact th...
by Sadala Elite
Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:55 am
Forum: Fan-Created Works
Topic: Fan Works Explosion
Replies: 14608
Views: 1497389

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Image
Image
Image
by Sadala Elite
Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:41 am
Forum: Fan-Created Works
Topic: Sexy Fan Art Thread (No porn!)
Replies: 6559
Views: 1256613

Re: Sexy Fan Art Thread (No porn!)

Image
Image
Image
by Sadala Elite
Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:46 pm
Forum: General Franchise Discussion
Topic: Minority representation for minority characters in Voice acting
Replies: 236
Views: 3980

Re: Minority representation for minority characters in Voice acting

I'm gonna side with ABED though on the whole notion that characters have to be portrayed by people who understand the experience of said character. That begs the question of what even is the point of acting if that's the case, as if there's no line between fantasy and reality. [/b] Exactly. Isn't t...