Got a question about avatars, VegettoEX

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Got a question about avatars, VegettoEX

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:16 pm

First off, I want to say that I'm so happy that we've got a forum again! I really missed posting with all you crazy guys and gals! Anyway, I had a question for you VegettoEX regarding avatars. I don't have an url for my avatar image because it's stored in my own picture files on my computer. Sorry I'm a little dumb when it comes to certain computer technology, but how do I get my image put up? Thanks. 8) As you can see I got my avatar up! I tried your advice Gary because none of the other ones worked I'm afraid. Thanks a lot!
Last edited by Jerseymilk on Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:18 pm

Right now, it's currently set so you cannot upload avatars to the message board. That takes up extra bandwidth on my end, as since we're just starting, I don't want to collapse the system right away :P

If you have any kind of free server space elsewhere on the net (most ISPs give you at least 10 MB), you can upload it there, and then use its URL for your avatar, here on the board.

Good to see you again, though ^^.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

admin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by admin » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:27 pm

If you haven't really used your own personal webspace on the internet, then you could check out http://www.free-webhosts.com/ and that site should be able to hook you up with some free providers where you could upload a few things.
[size=200][b][color=red]TKE[/color] [color=gray]4[/color] [color=red]LIFE[/color][/size][/b]

Gary
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gary » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:15 pm

Another good place to just host your sig images and avatars is UploadIt.org..
Founder/Owner/Webmaster of [|[url=http://www.junk-anime.com/]Junk-Anime.com[/url]|]

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:17 pm

Just so I'm understanding, are avatars the picture under your name, or those giant banner-like sigs people put with their quotes?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:20 pm

"Avatars" are images you use to represent yourself; yeah, they're the little image that appear under your name. They are to be limited to 80x80 pixels. If they're larger, I'll send you a PM asking you to change it. If you don't, I'll just remove it, myself ^^.

Images are not allowed in signatures... if I see 'em, I'll follow the same procedure as above. It's really just to cut down on load time (there's nothing like a fast-loading message board, these days!) and scrolling.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:46 pm

Cool thanks. Umm...how do I load an 80X80 avatar? :oops:

PS: Just realised I've practically been flooding the boards. Sorry about that. I'll try to cut down.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:49 pm

Don't worry about posting too much! Unless you're posting random nonsense, it's not a big deal :P.

Right now, the forums are set up to NOT allow uploading of avatars. If you want your own avatar, you'd have to create your own 80x80 image and upload it to some of your own server space. Once you've got it up somewhere, in your "Profile" you can set the image's URL, and it'll show up ^^.

Gary
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gary » Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:05 am

Yep yep its really easy.. and if you don't have webspace I suggest using UploadIt..
Founder/Owner/Webmaster of [|[url=http://www.junk-anime.com/]Junk-Anime.com[/url]|]