New rumors to add

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

New rumors to add

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:00 am

Can you add these rumors to the guide, if you don't mind?

- "Funimation plans on releasing box sets of Dragon Ball when Lionsgate's license of the first movie and 13 episodes expires in 2010." (General)
- "Toriyama wanted to end the series with the Freeza/Cell saga" (General)
- "Dr. Gero & #19 were meant to be the main villains for the Jinzoningin arc" (Charcters or General)
- "Muten Roushi drank the elixer of immortality" (Characters)
- "Tenshinhan is part from a three eyed alien race" (Characters)
- "Planet Vegeta was destroyed 3 years before Raditz's arrival to Earth" (Dub mistake)
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:02 am

Some of those on the list are definitely ones we've been meaning to add.

Thanks! We'll get around to them at some point :).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Re: New rumors to add

Post by Dayspring » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:35 am

SHINOBI-03 wrote:- "Dr. Gero & #19 were meant to be the main villains for the Jinzoningin arc" (Charcters or General)
Aren't these three at least rooted in truth, though?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: New rumors to add

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:40 am

Dayspring wrote:
SHINOBI-03 wrote:- "Dr. Gero & #19 were meant to be the main villains for the Jinzoningin arc" (Charcters or General)
Aren't these three at least rooted in truth, though?
Rumors don't necessarily have to be false. The point of the guide is to concretely clear things up with evidence, so whether that "clearing up" ends up bringing about bits of truth, so be it! For example, some of the "truthier" items we have are:

- There is a DragonBall Z 2
- Freeza has a son named Kuriza
- Steve Lukather (of the band Toto) performs on the Budokai games' soundtracks.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:30 pm

I think adding the rumors that Daizenshuu EX was stolen by Kanzentai and vise versa to the Rumor Guide would be a very nice nod to the prank; and a great way to keep it online in some fashion for those who missed it.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:53 pm

As long as you're changing things, might as well change the link to the Toyble DBAF page on my site. You've still got it as http://desirecampbell.com/?page=pro_dbaf I've moved to a better structure: http://desirecampbell.com/project/dbaf

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:43 am

I forgot to mention this one:
"Broli is the real Legendary Super Saiyan, not Goku" (Characters)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:02 am

SHINOBI-03 wrote:I forgot to mention this one:
"Broli is the real Legendary Super Saiyan, not Goku" (Characters)
That isn't a fact? I'm pretty sure his title is "The Legendary Super Saiyan".
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:08 am

SSJ2bardock wrote:That isn't a fact? I'm pretty sure his title is "The Legendary Super Saiyan".
Well, as Mike says:
VegettoEX wrote:Rumors don't necessarily have to be false. The point of the guide is to concretely clear things up with evidence, so whether that "clearing up" ends up bringing about bits of truth, so be it!
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:11 am

Damn, Herms-pwned :cry: .... :lol:
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:59 pm

Herms wrote:
SSJ2bardock wrote:That isn't a fact? I'm pretty sure his title is "The Legendary Super Saiyan".
Well, as Mike says:
VegettoEX wrote:Rumors don't necessarily have to be false. The point of the guide is to concretely clear things up with evidence, so whether that "clearing up" ends up bringing about bits of truth, so be it!
True, but how is it a rumor to begin with? If there was debate over the matter and it ends up being fact is one thing, but saying Broli is rumored to be the Legendary SSJ is like saying Goku is rumored to have been a martial artist.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:27 pm

Dayspring wrote:
Herms wrote:
Well, as Mike says:
True, but how is it a rumor to begin with? If there was debate over the matter and it ends up being fact is one thing, but saying Broli is rumored to be the Legendary SSJ is like saying Goku is rumored to have been a martial artist.
Dragon Ball Wikia wrote: There are still many arguments as to who really is the Super Saiyan of legend (not the suggested form). It's obvious that Broly is the so called, "Legendary" Super Saiyan because of his odd, yet astounding power, but on the other hand, Goku reaches almost all of the known levels of the Super Saiyan forms (besides the Legendary Super Saiyan, for obvious reasons). Throughout the series, there have been many different stories about the true legend, some very different from others. However, we'll never truly know who is the Super Saiyan of legend.
My Anime List
My Manga List

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:29 pm

As I recollect, the comic never specified a previous Legendary Super Saiyan (before Son), it only spoke of one. Then, Son awoke into a Super Saiyan, the first ever in fact. I believe this is the correct meaning of the legend.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Herms

Post by Herms » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:53 pm

JulieYBM wrote:As I recollect, the comic never specified a previous Legendary Super Saiyan (before Son), it only spoke of one. Then, Son awoke into a Super Saiyan, the first ever in fact. I believe this is the correct meaning of the legend.
It didn't mention any specific one, but part of the legend was that one would appear every 1,000 years, implying that there had been earlier ones than Goku.

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:03 pm

Herms wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:As I recollect, the comic never specified a previous Legendary Super Saiyan (before Son), it only spoke of one. Then, Son awoke into a Super Saiyan, the first ever in fact. I believe this is the correct meaning of the legend.
It didn't mention any specific one, but part of the legend was that one would appear every 1,000 years, implying that there had been earlier ones than Goku.
I'm thinking that 'Legendary' is just a title. I mean, it's not like they predicted who would become one. The one the legend speaks of is the one that had to remain in Oozaru form to sustain it.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:25 pm

Herms wrote:
Ah, but does the Daizenshû elaborate on it? I don't remember seeing anything about a legendary Super Saiyan on the time line...
She/Her
bisexual milf

Herms

Post by Herms » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:41 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Ah, but does the Daizenshû elaborate on it? I don't remember seeing anything about a legendary Super Saiyan on the time line...
It does mention one:
Circa 239 Before Age: The appearance of the Super Saiyan, considered a legend among the Saiyans. He made the universe tremble with destruction and slaughter.
239 Before Age being about a thousand years before Goku becomes a Super Saiyan on Planet Namek, in Age 762.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Herms wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Ah, but does the Daizenshû elaborate on it? I don't remember seeing anything about a legendary Super Saiyan on the time line...
It does mention one:
Circa 239 Before Age: The appearance of the Super Saiyan, considered a legend among the Saiyans. He made the universe tremble with destruction and slaughter.
239 Before Age being about a thousand years before Goku becomes a Super Saiyan on Planet Namek, in Age 762.
Oh wow, that's really neat. Was this an addition based off of the Anime, though? Sort of like the inclusion of Coola and Garlic Jr.?
She/Her
bisexual milf

Herms

Post by Herms » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:25 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Oh wow, that's really neat. Was this an addition based off of the Anime, though? Sort of like the inclusion of Coola and Garlic Jr.?
Not really. It seems to be based solely on the idea that a Super Saiyan appears every thousand years, which is said in the manga.

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:30 pm

Well, if you don't consider Broly canon, he doesn't even exist, so Goku is the first Super Saiya-jin.

Also, didn't Roshi drink the elixir? I remember him saying something like that