New rumors to add

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:02 pm

Herms wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Seems like a good idea since I seen too many people using the galaxy feat from Buu was a dub line. It was never mention in the subs or the manga.
Was that said in the dub too?
I believe so since I re-watch that sceen in subs and I don't recall it ever it was mention that galaxies that where wipe out.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:49 am

Here's a new old one...

Cell can use the Genki-Dama. ((Unsubstantiated?))

He did say he can use it, but we don't know if it was the truth or a bluff...

But they gave him the Genki-Dama to be his Super Finishing Move in the video games.

Was it stated officially that you need a pure heart to use it?
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:14 am

I got one, now that I just remembered it.

I can't remember if it was the FUNI or Ocean dubs: the rejuvination tanks contain "synthetic Saiyan DNA." I believe it was around the Freeza saga and Goku was being put into the tank on Freeza's ship.

Amigo Ten
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Amigo Ten » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:33 pm

I've been hearing this one a lot; that if you die of natural causes it's impossible to keep your body in the afterlife. I have no idea if this comes from and dub or manga translation, or if people are just making it up to make sense of what happened to Goku in Trunks's timeline (which is usually the topic of discussion when this gets brought up).

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Amigo Ten wrote:I've been hearing this one a lot; that if you die of natural causes it's impossible to keep your body in the afterlife.
Hmmm...I'm pretty sure nothing like that is said in the original manga or anime. It sounds like a misunderstanding of Goku's post-Cell Games explanation that normal people don't keep their bodies in the afterlife. Perhaps people confused "normal people" with "normal (ie natural) death"? At any rate, when the Great Elder dies the second time, his body disappears just like Goku's did during his first death, implying that the Great Elder got to keep his body in the afterlife like Goku did. And the Great Elder was supposed to have died of old age, though at this point he had already died before (without his body vanishing) and been revived by the dragonballs, so maybe that would disqualify the death as natural.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:16 pm

Herms wrote:
Amigo Ten wrote:I've been hearing this one a lot; that if you die of natural causes it's impossible to keep your body in the afterlife.
Hmmm...I'm pretty sure nothing like that is said in the original manga or anime. It sounds like a misunderstanding of Goku's post-Cell Games explanation that normal people don't keep their bodies in the afterlife. Perhaps people confused "normal people" with "normal (ie natural) death"? At any rate, when the Great Elder dies the second time, his body disappears just like Goku's did during his first death, implying that the Great Elder got to keep his body in the afterlife like Goku did. And the Great Elder was supposed to have died of old age, though at this point he had already died before (without his body vanishing) and been revived by the dragonballs, so maybe that would disqualify the death as natural.
I don't know, If I'll be crushed by car, that means that I'm not normal by these terms.....
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:07 pm

SHINOBI-03 wrote:Was it stated officially that you need a pure heart to use it?
Only by Krillin (who's hardly an expert on the Spirit Bomb) and only in Movie 7, as Goku is using the Spirit Bomb with an impure heart.

I think they gave it to Cell just so there wouldn't be another ultimate with the damn Kamehameha.