New rumors to add

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Re: New rumors to add

Post by Herms » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:35 am

Magica wrote:
SHINOBI-03 wrote: - "Planet Vegeta was destroyed 3 years before Raditz's arrival to Earth" (Dub mistake)
Was this really a dub mistake? I always thought it was also mentioned in the original version or manga, then corrected with the Bardock special.
No, that's never said in the original.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:36 am

I stand corrected. :shock:

Amigo Ten
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Amigo Ten » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:58 am

Well, the #19 and #20 thing is very true, and I haven't seen much confusion over the matter. We got an explanation of what happened straight from Toriyama himself.

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:29 am

Amigo Ten wrote:We got an explanation of what happened straight from Toriyama himself.
Wasn't it because his editors didn't like the idea of having an old guy and a fat blob being the main enemies? So they made him change them, and thus, 17 and 18 were born.
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

Amigo Ten

Post by Amigo Ten » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:00 am

Yeah, that's it. Then they didn't like #17 and #18 either, so Cell came along. And then they thought he was ugly, so he had to quickly transform.

Herms

Post by Herms » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:05 am

Though to nit-pick, it was Toriyama's old editor Torishima who called him to express his disapproval of 19 and 20, and then 17 and 18. Then it was his current editor who complained about Cell's 1st and 2nd form designs, but liked Cell's perfect form. Toriyama only had one editor at a time, and a total of three over the course of the series.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:49 am

I still think Radditz moving at the speed of light dub error would be nice to add since I seen people that say Radditz can move at the speed of light when this was not in the subs or the original Manga.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:52 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:I still think Radditz moving at the speed of light dub error would be nice to add since I seen people that say Radditz can move at the speed of light when this was not in the subs or the original Manga.
I thought it was just a figure of speech...
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:59 pm

It was mention when Piccolo used the Special beam canon against Radditz, and Piccolo was like "no way he is faster then the speed of light". In the Manga, and the subs it mention that he was just really fast.
She/Her

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:57 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:It was mention when Piccolo used the Special beam canon against Radditz, and Piccolo was like "no way he is faster then the speed of light". In the Manga, and the subs it mention that he was just really fast.
For the record, the exact line of dialogue is:

"He's faster than the... the speed of light...!"

I always took it as a figure of speech, too, but then I've also seen plenty of people use it as literal evidence in their asinine crusades to prove power levels in the series...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Herms

Post by Herms » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:13 pm

Sort of adding into that is that in the dub Goku's Instant Movement is often said to be as fast as the speed of light (as opposed to, you know, instant), creating sort of a plot hole with that Piccolo line, but only if you take it literally.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:49 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:It was mention when Piccolo used the Special beam canon against Radditz, and Piccolo was like "no way he is faster then the speed of light". In the Manga, and the subs it mention that he was just really fast.
For the record, the exact line of dialogue is:

"He's faster than the... the speed of light...!"

I always took it as a figure of speech, too, but then I've also seen plenty of people use it as literal evidence in their asinine crusades to prove power levels in the series...
Yeah I find that to be a figure of speech and I still think it would be a nice idea to add since I seen too many people using it as literal evidence in debates.
She/Her

Herms

Post by Herms » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:48 pm

Here are a few I'd like to see added:

-Toriyama originally planned to have Piccolo fall under Babidi’s spell
-Toriyama said he didn’t include female Super Saiyans because he didn’t know how to draw them (really, you could have a whole section on bogus Toriyama quotes)
-Boo destroyed 3/4s of the universe (the whole Planet Namek.com cosmology)
-Only pure-blooded Saiyans can become Super Saiyan 4 (a dub mistake)

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:55 pm

Herms wrote:-Only pure-blooded Saiyans can become Super Saiyan 4 (a dub mistake)
How is that a mistake? JPN Bulma says Baby's cells were interfering so Vegeta couldn't go SS4.

Amigo Ten

Post by Amigo Ten » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:58 pm

Herms wrote:-Toriyama said he didn’t include female Super Saiyans because he didn’t know how to draw them (really, you could have a whole section on bogus Toriyama quotes)
Haven't heard that it ages. Was it fake then? I assumed it had to do with Pan in GT.

Herms

Post by Herms » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:15 pm

Rocketman wrote:How is that a mistake? JPN Bulma says Baby's cells were interfering so Vegeta couldn't go SS4.
How do you get from "having a parasite inside your body prevents you from going SSJ4" to "only a pure-blooded Saiyan can go SSJ4"?
Amigo Ten wrote:Haven't heard that it ages. Was it fake then? I assumed it had to do with Pan in GT.
I've never seen any source for it, at any rate.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:21 pm

Herms wrote:
Rocketman wrote:How is that a mistake? JPN Bulma says Baby's cells were interfering so Vegeta couldn't go SS4.
How do you get from "having a parasite inside your body prevents you from going SSJ4" to "only a pure-blooded Saiyan can go SSJ4"?
Because Baby-Vegeta was a hybrid.

Herms

Post by Herms » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:06 pm

Rocketman wrote:Because Baby-Vegeta was a hybrid.
He was Vegeta with Baby inside his body, controlling him. How is that at all the same sort of thing as a Saiyan half-breed like Gohan or Trunks?

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:02 am

I thought Vegeta explained his inablity to go SSj4 by saying his "blood was tainted".

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:17 am

desirecampbell wrote:I thought Vegeta explained his inablity to go SSj4 by saying his "blood was tainted".
From episode 55 (as translated by Simmons):

Vegeta: "But, when I was taken over by Baby, and recieved a large dose of Bruits waves on Planet Tsufuru turning me into a Great Ape, I did not become Super Saiyan 4."
Bulma: "At that time, baby's own cells were interfering, which kept you from becoming Super Saiyan 4."
Vegeta: "B- but still, I havn't lost my rationality, even after becoming a Great Ape, since long ago. So then, why wouldn't I have become Super Saiyan 4 before now?"
Bulma: "Perhaps, as Son-kun would put it, it's because you didn't have enough training."
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?