Favorite podcast moments?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gogeta 00
Beyond Newbie

Favorite podcast moments?

Post by Gogeta 00 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:01 pm

With the 200th episode of the podcast just around the corner, I thought it would be a cool idea for us to share some of our favourite memories of the podcast. Whether it was an amusing speech, interesting fact, specific episode special guest, etc. if it stood out to you, it's fair game.

A few of mine are:

-The big orange review, first podcast I ever listened to.

-One of the 20 questions episodes (I think?) I kept hearing this weird moaning sound in the background, I wondered if Mike and co. could hear this as well, or if it was some type of mixing error. Sure enough, the next time I heard it, Mike stopped in mid-sentence and replied "What the hell is that noise?"

-All of the christmas and end of the year specials.

-Manga review of awesomeness, it sure has come a long way. It's also very interesting to here the opinions and predictions of someone who is taking his first complete trip through the series.

-The Dragon Box discussion.
[url=http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=9403] 12 years, 100 memories[/url]
[Former dub fan 1996-2008]

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:29 pm

The end of Episode #71 was one of my favorite moments.

I'm surprised Jeff got away with that. Just remember guys, you've already been brought back once....

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:43 pm

My favourite episodes are the ones I'm on :P

#120 and #145 and the Secret Wedding Podcast

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:50 pm

The episode where somebody said "Stop fucking Dragon Ball"...that was pretty funny to me.
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

If we're all here for a reason then I'm just visiting.

If it's held in your heart then you can't let go.

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:11 pm

Hmm, let's see....

- The two "Live" episodes recorded from AnimeNext. The first one, where they sing the songs. LMAO@ Mike singing "Rock the Dragon" :lol: And the second "Live" episode, the "DBZ Variety Hour" the Jeopardy-like game show.

- The Christmas and year-in-review episodes. Can't wait for this years! 8)

- All the "fan memories" episodes, where Mike, Julian, Meri, and various guests discuss their Dragonball adventures as kids.

- The April Fools episode. Classic. :lol:

- Both the 20 Questions episodes. I loved it when Meri got the first answer, "Bansho Fan" and the whole room exploded into laugher. LMAO
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:18 pm

All I can remember is the 200th right now...

Maybe Herms telling his story of how he tried to sneak into the 2008 Special screening, acting like a crazy foreigner who can't speak Japanese.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:16 am

Just remembered my favorite moment! It's during one of the e-mail portions, where Julian read a hilarious e-mail with a perfect Borat persona!! If anyone can remember exactly what episode this was, I'd love to rip this portion.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:26 am

I think for me it's during episode 100, when Mike is talking about how the episode will contain clips from every single podcast episode. Julian says "Wow, you're going to have a clip from this episode?" and Mike goes "Yes I will...any you know what, this is probably going to be it". And then of course that clip plays at the end of the episode.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Shigeru
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Shigeru » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:21 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:Just remembered my favorite moment! It's during one of the e-mail portions, where Julian read a hilarious e-mail with a perfect Borat persona!! If anyone can remember exactly what episode this was, I'd love to rip this portion.
That's from episode #72. :)
[b][url=http://twitter.com/ShigeruTurbo]Twitter[/url][/b]
I like the English dub. Kill me.
Fan since 1995.

VenomSymbiote
Patreon Supporter

Post by VenomSymbiote » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:45 pm

Shigeru wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:Just remembered my favorite moment! It's during one of the e-mail portions, where Julian read a hilarious e-mail with a perfect Borat persona!! If anyone can remember exactly what episode this was, I'd love to rip this portion.
Sorry to correct you, but it's actually episode #0076. Close, but no cigar.

And yes, that was hilarious.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:09 am

VenomSymbiote wrote:
Shigeru wrote:

Meep! I forgot about this one until you brought it up!

I also like, in order of when I remember them...
  • Mike's DBZ dream. I made an MP3 of just that portion of the episode. :). Mmm, Human Flesh...
  • Well, I also took episode 183 and made a "Nappa's Cooking Show" out of it? :?
  • April Fools wins~! Thank Senbei for Robot Julian!
  • I likes the one with lots of detail on content in the series, like the Manga Review of Awesomeness, the DBZ Variety Hour, and the examination of the speaking styles of the characters. (That Yamcha episode ever gonna happen? XD. ).
  • "Julian Sensei, we're up to the Letter N this week! So what do you have for us that starts with the letter 'N'?" "Naruto." :) . And what made it better is that he went with Namu. Because Namu is awesome. And let it not be forgotten.
  • "Daizenshuu Ii Ekkusu P.... wait, what?"
  • Julian's Firedrill being covered up with Japanese commercials! Both ridiculously entertaining and content-ful!
I think I'm going to have to listen to several now to refresh my memory.
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Milton
Patreon Supporter

Post by Milton » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:25 am

I second the fire drill during one episode. It was perfect how the show just "cuts to commercial" for that moment. The Julian Megamix that ended one of the episodes was friggin' hysterical, too. And what number was the episode with Mike's dream about Cell cooking human flesh? All I can remember from that one was, "So Cell is just standing the- why are you laughing?" :lol:

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:37 pm

Milton wrote:And what number was the episode with Mike's dream about Cell cooking human flesh? All I can remember from that one was, "So Cell is just standing the- why are you laughing?" :lol:
Episode 0051. :D

[edit] After going back and listening to some episodes around 100 (I forget which specifically; I did 101 then some in the 90s), I noticed that in a response to a question about how to pronounce names (specifically Gokuu), Mike said something like "We don't say Vegeh-tahbles". At which point I'm all like, " :lol: Prophecy~!". :D [/edit]
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Milton
Patreon Supporter

Post by Milton » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:24 pm

Thank you for that. I'm listening to it right now and nearly lost my Coke Zero all over my laptop. It also inspired this really crappy image I made using paint.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:57 pm

VenomSymbiote wrote:
Shigeru wrote:

Thanks guys! Here's an .mp3 of that part: http://www.mediafire.com/?tz5jmnlywzt