deleted

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fox666
I Live Here

deleted

Post by Fox666 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:17 pm

deleted
Last edited by Fox666 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaboom

Re: A substitute for ImageShack...

Post by Kaboom » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:51 pm

I use Photobucket, and it has never failed me. It can operate a little slowly at times, but it has a very handy, capable, and all-in-all easy to use interface for sorting, editing, and posting your images. It's free up until a certain point in use of bandwidth, but you'd have to go completely nuts to do that, I suppose. I've had and been using my account for years, and haven't even gotten close to hitting the limit.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:16 pm

Well, I have re-tried Photobucket (haven't used it for years) and it seems to have advanced a lot. Certainly the interface is now much better than ImageShack, but I don't trust it much...

Greenman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Greenman » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:21 pm

For most images I uses Imgur. Imgur compresses images over 1MB, so for those I use Min.us. Both allow unlimited anonymous uploading, but I use Imgur because I trust it more.

If you do decide to use them, I'd keep backups of any important images. Imgur seems pretty solid at the moment, but you never know about the future.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:17 pm

tinypic.com is what I always use. It may or may not be by the same folks who run tinyurl. It's never failed me. In fact, I've gone back to find posts I made years ago and the images still work.

Savage68
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Savage68 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:49 pm

I stick with Photobucket because copying and pasting has been made so much more effortless as of late and its Firefox add-on makes uploading images from my computer a snap.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:53 am

I use Dropbox- I can host any file there, and it'll automatically make thumbnail pages.

Specifically, I use it for the DBAF pages: http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/681507/1 ... s?h=ad44b5

(Full disclosure, using that first link will act as a referral if you sign up - it'll give us both a little extra space.)

PS, on the mention of Imgur: Imgur will strip all metadata from your image. If you're not using Imgur and want to remove personal information, a program like "JPEG & PNG stripper" will do the same.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:34 pm

Just thought I'd chime in and mention that I've used photobucket for years without any trouble. I've never gone and used up all my bandwidth, even using it to embed images in posts. I think you'd have to go incredibly overboard to use up your data allowance.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Savage68

Post by Savage68 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:49 pm

I used up all of my bandwidth a while ago from multiple. gif files being posted across different sites.

Daimo-Rukiri

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:22 pm

I use my own server, but tinypic>imageshack any day.
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

Zestanor
Regular

Post by Zestanor » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:54 pm

I've always used http://www.majhost.com/ but I don't know what the image limit is there. I DO know that they don't mess with the image quality though. If you want upload an HD bitmap image, so be it.