Podcast Episode Topic Ideas

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Podcast Episode Topic Ideas

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:41 am

What would you like to see our 'favourite Dragon Ball fans' talk about on future podcast episodes. I know they probably have enough to fill up another 200 episodes themselves, but if there's a topic that we'd all colletively like to see them discuss then perhaps they may consider doing it.
Anyway, to get the ball rollinbg, here's my list:
- Movie Audio Commentaries with Jeff- Similar to the one done by the 'Unofficial One Piece Podcast'. See 'Strongcast Gold':
http://onepiecepodcast.com/blog/2010/09 ... cast-gold/

- Broly Character Discussion- Breaks down his back story, his popularity and his movies.

- The Cold Family Character Discussion- I know this was sort of done with that 'transformation episode', but I'd like to see them go more in depth with their relationships and their roles in the series.

- BGM Discussion- Could be a pretty long topic, but pretty much favourite themes, there usage in the series and the atmosphere they created.

- Opening and Ending Animation- A discussion of the opening and ending animations for the three series plus the DBZ Movie 3 Opening and the DBZ Movie 11 Ending. I think there's actually a lot to talk about with these animations since there's so much snuck into them like the Manga spine art reference in the GT endings.

Movie Theme Song Discussion- Discussion of the Movie ending themes and how they go with the movies.

- Review Old Stuff- Pretty much reviewing stuff that was released before the podcast started.

So, what do you think? Interesting? Stupid? It's pretty obvious I'm a movie fan :lol: . Before I finish, I have a quick question and suggestion:
Will episode 291 be celebrated as a milestone, or will that be saved for episode 300?
Suggestion: You could save the last 'Manga Review of Awesomeness' for episode 291.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Re: Podcast Episode Topic Ideas

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:26 pm

I don't have any ideas for topics at the moment, but I have to say, I think this thread is a good idea. :D
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:33 am

I would like to see them talk about the other major inspiration for Dragon Ball, martial arts movies.

Xane
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Xane » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:01 pm

I miss the old wacky and fun podcast episodes. (About from episode 10 to maybe 120?). It always cracks me up. But alas...

1. A music episode! Get kenisu! :p

2. Maybe an episode about Dr. Slump? It's kind of unknown...

3. Foreign dub opinions.
Once upon a time everything was lovely. But that was before I had to deal with people.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:18 pm

Not an episode topic, but I like to have a feedback segment at the beginning of each episode before the news. With the lack of Julian's and Meri's old segments, a new segment like this wouldn't be a bad idea.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:28 pm

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Broly Character Discussion- Breaks down his back story, his popularity and his movies.
Given how the character seems to have come into his own in recent years, I'll be the first to cite this as a somewhat inevitable topic. But there would probably need to be a decent amount of planning involved-- at least, that's how I would approach it. There's a lot to cover, and when there's an abundance of material, that almost always lends itself to the potential for a pretty good episode when the big picture is taken into consideration.

I recall Mike saying at one point that it would help to have a resident Broli superfan to include in the discussion with regards to an episode like this. I agree with that idea; I think it's important that Broli be given some kind of a positive voice so that there can be room for varying viewpoints as to his popularity, usage, legacy, etc. Otherwise, it would be pretty easy for the show to become an extended Broli bashing session.

That's not to say that you or the other hosts don't know how to be objective, Mike; rather, I'll point to the character himself, which for a lot of people carries a (not wholly undeserved) stigma and tends to speak for himself, despite even the best intentions.

My thoughts.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.