What sites do you visit?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

What sites do you visit?

Post by Dayspring » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:16 pm

Hey guys. Just wondering what DB sites you visit other than this one. Also want to know if there are any sites that have doujinshi scanslations that you visit. Speaking of scanslations, other than TW, what scanslation sites do you visit?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:26 pm

Nowadays it's only Daizex and ToT for me. As for doujinshi scanlations, there's none of that, but I do follow a DB webcomic at http://saiyalings.keenspace.com/ . There's one other manga translating site that I follow, but I can't really name it here, because it's a liscensed series. Eh heh heh...

You didn't mention anime, but I'll just tell you that I check out Anime Empire and Anime Otakus regularly, whose torrents can be found at http://a.scarywater.net/ . There's also http://www.anime-kraze.net/ .

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:35 pm

Mainly Daizex, Ultimate DBZ Info, as well as the rest of Greg's Grandline site since I love Japanese culture in general, and for some nice reminiscing, DBZ:Uncensored. I also like Meri's ToT for a good laugh. The only other sites that I've ever visited in detail are Dr. Gero's Lab and Lovely Cyborg, No. 18's site. Daizex pretty much meets all my needs. 8) Anime in general, I'll check out Anime News Network for what's going on since I know it will be credible, but I hate their "Answerman" column. The girl's /guy's so bloody condescending and snooty, I don't know why anyone would want to even write into them. I don't really religiously check out anime sites that much now that I think about it. If I want to know stuff I just research it myself, or maybe read Protoculture Addicts.
Last edited by Jerseymilk on Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:40 pm

OMG!!!! I thought he stopped making little Saiyalings after the Bud-posessed Goku vs Vegeta strips!!!!! Thank you, Zackarotto! Thank you!
:D :D :D :D :D

As for the scanslation page, is it a certain manga site that's missing the return of guy's brother saga? :D
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:02 pm

I ain't never not saying nothing about no certain site... Ha! 5 negatives. I don't have to say anything.

Fine, your answer is... maybe. Or maybe not. :wink:

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:12 pm

Hey, that's the way Zacko, keep'I'm guessing!

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:21 pm

Knights of the Zodiack?! BAD Zackarotto! Bad! That's liscenced! (Get it? Phoenix and whatshisface are brothers? Oh I'm funny. And not just looking!)

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:27 pm

No, because Zacko's probably reading it as Saint Seiya, so theoretically it doesn't count! :wink:

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:29 pm

Or my fav scanslation: "Knights of the Kodiack." Isn't that a bear? :lol:

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:32 pm

Well, one of the fighters Seiya faced did wrestle bears in Canada. Man, that's so cliche!

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:06 pm

The only DB sites I regularly go to anymore are Daizex, ToT, and Greg Werner's site. Everything else I used to visit has shut down or is no longer being updated.

Oh, occassionally I also go to FUNimation's sites, if I'm curious about something related to the dub or the DVDs.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:19 am

Uhh... all I visit is Absolute Punk.

THERE ARE OTHER DRAGONBALL SITES?!?!?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:28 am

Haha, just kidding... it's not KotZ, or Saint Seiya, or anything like that. But it's one I've been following for a bijillion years, I'm not gonna give it up! But I still plan on buying them from Viz eventually (I'm kinda afraid that they'll change cover layouts / sizes halfway through, so I wanna grab them all in some perfect collection).

And I'm never telling you what it is, because as soon as I type a name some kind of magicy internet magic, the IRS or whoever will bust my door open and have me on the ground before I can hit "submit".

Oh, and VegEX. You're too punk, I swear. Do you actually look at punk sites and do stuff like that? Damn... I just listen to punk music, unaware of even who the artist is sometimes. I don't really care to find out most of the time anyway.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:54 am

THERE ARE OTHER DRAGONBALL SITES?!?!?
You know that quaint little project your girlfriend works on? That's actually one of them! :shock:

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:57 am

I bet you don't even own a pair of riduculous shorts, either. You suck.

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:32 pm

Oh boy, don't get me started on those shorts. *Shivers*

Anyway, I still love Dragon Ball Angels, and I also fervently like Dragon Ball Benelux (Which is in Dutch, ergo sadly not understandable for you people). Besides that, The MST'ing of Dragon Ball Z is still simply hilarious, and Saiyanz Power is goodiness.

And the list ends with Temple O' Trunks, which I trust I don't have to give a link to. (Ergo, I'm too lazy)
[url=http://www.projectafter.com]Project AFTER[/url]: Every fanfiction's worst nightmare.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:36 pm

Come on Zacko! I bet it's Prince of Tennis! Right? Am I right? Huh, huh, huh? :D

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:15 pm

Prince of Tennis? That's licensed?

But, uhm, no. Besides, if you actually followed that scarywater link, you'd know that I watch the PoT anime. And, if you actually know me, you'd know that I wouldn't follow both the anime and manga of something at the same time.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:37 pm

Yes, VIZ just announced this week that they have the license to PoT. Okaaay, let's see, is it Flame of Recca? Is it Hunter X Hunter? Hikaru no Go? It's one of those isn't it! Huh? Isn't it!

Wait a minute! I know what it is! It's me ol' fav Kenshin! I'm right this time aren't I? I know I am!

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:26 am

It wouldn't be Naruto, cuz that would kill both the joke and get the site being talked about closed... Hmm, this a real toughy. :wink: